ºoº Yeahhhhh... "13" days to WDW Mousefest Mega-Mouse Meet... UPDATES. ºoº

I was kindof late for the Mega-Mouse meet, but yes I also participated in Jeff & Jenn's "Great Race" on Sunday where we were on a Scavenger Hunt Amazing Race style. We were having a information meet on Saturday. We came in dead last on that one :-)

Carol

I'll be arriving on the 11th. I've never meet you Ray maybe this year.

My delemma is I'm traveling with 6 other adults, staying off-site, I'm going to try to make the breakfast on Monday the 13th. I've informed DH I'm attending, if no one else wants to attend I'll call a cab.

Hope to meet you and Deb at the breakfast. (Carol)

I won't be attending breakfast with Deb on the 13th. This year's Great Race is on Monday, but I will be going to Randy's Trail's End breakfast on the 12th and there is a breakfast meet at Pop Century on the 9th or 10th, I think :-)

Carol

Hi Carol! If you see Buff, tell her I said hey. Thanks again for organizing last year's event. And what's with this "only" in front of "34 attractions?" I think most folks would consider that a major accomplishment!

Jillian, the Ultimate Magic Kingdom Touring Plan is a fun way to see virtually all of the Magic Kingdom in a single day. Besides visiting all of the attractions, we'll be visiting Fort Langhorn on Tom Sawyer Island, getting character autographs in Toontown, and taking pictures in Exposition Hall on Main Street. We'll also be seeing all of the live performances, including Cinderella's Surprise Celebration, the flag retreat, and Storytime with Belle, plus the parades and fireworks.

As Carol said, when you're not experiencing attractions, you'll be walking briskly between them. Most folks carry drinks with them, or get food from the vendor carts. No one has yet skipped bathroom breaks in favor of Depends(tm), and that's not something we encourage. :p I mention this because the question was asked (in jest, I hope) last year, and I'm hesitant to include adult diapers in the FAQ. ;)

Last year's participants all met at the 'Ohana bar for drinks and appetizers afterwards. I think this would make a great tradition, so we'll do it again this year.

If all that sounds like too much work, we'll be doing a much smaller, family-oriented event on the same day. It will involve most of the major attractions in the park, plus a few offbeat activities, and everyone should be done by noon. If anyone has ideas for those offbeat activities (in the MK, suitable for ages 9 and up), please let me know.

Sincerely,

Len Testa

That sounds like so much fun i cant wait to get going on it :sunny: I do have a couple of questions... is it a group thing that people do in groups? and if it is do you have to be in a group when you get there cause im gunna be solo on this trip

thanks everyone i cant wait to get down there for this I might have to make this one of my annual trips for mousefest... :earsboy:

Hi Len!!

As a matter of fact, I'll see Buff this afternoon as we're all heading to WDW together tonite!!

I'll tell her you said hi!!

I probably won't shoot for the tour this year as Jeff & Jenn's Great Race is on Monday, but maybe next year!!

See ya in December!

Carol

:wave: Hi, Len. I think that 34 events in one day is huge. I could never even think of reaching 34 events...lol...maybe 10, but never 34. That's why I jokingly said, wow, only 34...that is huge. I think that this is a great event. And thanks for organizing one for the families, too. I wish that I could participate, but I have a hard time walking long distances.

:wave: Hi, Carol. Oh, I see. Well, you guys sure did sound excited...lol. If I ever sign up for one of those, I guarantee that you won't come in last place, because it would be me...lol.

:wave: Mamu, I'll be going to that Breakfast, too. I'll be at All Star Movies Resort, so let me know if you need a ride to the breadfast. I'll be going to MGM after that to try and make some meets.

:wave: Hi, JCTigger. There will be solo people (including either only the husband or wife showing up), couples, families, and little groups that do everything together that may know each other.

If you are going on a ride attraction meet, then most people go on as a group. After all, this is just a friendly meet and greet.

If you are doing the Passporter Scavenger Hunt, then after everyone meets and gets all their paperwork and instructions, then everyone scatters out in differnt directions.

You won't be alone. Just meet and greet and have a fun time with a bunch of Disney loving people.

:wave: Ray

We will be there. The only event I pre-registered for was tour of MK on Friday AM. We are also attending the Adventurer's Club party.
We are staying at ALK.

Shoes99, is that the Jim Hill tour of the Magic Kingdom? I planned to tag along. Jim's got the best stories.

Len

Originally posted by lentesta
Shoes99, is that the Jim Hill tour of the Magic Kingdom? I planned to tag along. Jim's got the best stories.

Len
Yes, we got the 10AM tour, 2PM was already filled.

Ray thank you so much for the ride offer, I'm sure I can talk one of them into attending.

I am Woman! and I know how to get my way.

See you at the breakfast.

:wave: That's great, Mamu. I'll see you there. I think that I will park a the Dolphin, because I'll try and do the all day MGM meets and Fantasmic and then return by boat to the Swan and do the late evening MiniGolf meet across the street.

:wave: Hi, LittleMermaidsMom. I'll be on the Wonder, too. It will be my first cruise, and I am really looking forward to going and meeting everyone. I hope to see you there.
I started a thread on the Cruise Board asking if anyone was going on the Wonder Cruise on December 5th, if you would like to post there, or if you know anyone else going on the cruise, whether with the Mousefest group or separately. I'll try to post that link here, later.

:wave: Hi, shoes99, I'll would have liked to go on that MK tour on Friday, too; but I will be at AK all day. I did sign up for the Sunday Magic Kingdom Tour, and the Sunday Hidden Mickey's Tour. It should be a great time. You know that I am known for having a terrible memory, but I think that I remember meeting you at the Big DIS meet a couple of years ago. See you there.

Ray

I saw another poster saying that they were worried about the Mousefest group going to the December 9th Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party and causing a big crowd.

Well, the largest group was at the Mega-Mouse Meet at the Dolphin Resort last year of 300 Disney loving people from all the disney discussion boards and admirers of Disnsy book authurs.

Many different people are hosting many different meets, and some are limited to size.

For instance, Jim Hill's Magic Kingsom Tour is already full and was very popular last year.

I think that he might have limited the group to about 20 or more so that he could easily talk to everyone.

Even those attending the December 9th MVMCP may only number 100. And many of them may be solo, or couples or families or groups of four to eight to eat dinner at Liberty Tree Tavern or Crystal Palace before the official opening of MVMCP at 7:00 P.M..

Then most go on there way the rest of the night.

There is only one Mousefest meet at MVMCP that night and that is at the Rose Garden about 15 minutes before the Wishes fireworks to watch the fireworks and hand out a limited number of Mousefest itineraries to those that want one.

If only a hundred Mousefesters show up that night out of a possible 20,000 maximum capacity for MVMCP, then you are looking at one half of one per cent of the total crowd.

One half of one per cent...lol.

If you haven't read the front page and you want to experience a truly amazing event, then come to the Saturday, December 11th Mega-Mouse Meet at the Dolphin Resort from 1:00 to 3:00 P.M. in the a special large reserved room to meet others and the following:

ºoº Disney Website Founders and Leaders: ºoº

ºoº AllEarsNet.com and ALL EARS®Newsletter - Deb Wills
ºoº MagicalMountain.net - Nathan Rose
ºoº Tagrel.com - Dave Card
ºoº DisneyCentral.com - Scott Liljenquist
ºoº MousePlanet.com - Mike Scopa, Lani Teshima, Adrienne Vincent-Phoenix
ºoº TheMouseForLess.com (aka DisneyDollarless) - Binnie Betten, Pam Forrester and Linda Stockwell
ºoº Mousesavers.com - Mary Waring
ºoº JimHillMedia.com - Jim Hill

Disney Guidebook Authors:

ºoº Jennifer Watson and Dave Marx, "PassPorter WDW" and "PassPorter's Field Guide to the Disney Cruise Line".
ºoº Bob Sehlinger, "The Unofficial Guide to Walt Disney World"
ºoº Steven M. Barrett, M.D., "The Hassle-Free Walt Disney World Vacation" and "Hidden Mickeys" and "A Field Guide to Walt Disney World's Best Kept Secrets."
ºoº Cara Goldsbury, "The Luxury Guide to Walt Disney World."
ºoº Louis Mongello, "The Walt Disney World Trivia Book."
ºoº Kelly Monaghan, "The Other Orlando" and "Universal Orlando."
ºoº Josh Fippen and Dann Hazel, "Making Memories on Your Walt Disney World Vacation 2004."

So why don't you come.

By the way, if you like to visit the internet forum, Recreation.Arts.Disney.Parks, then they are having their Big Meet and Greet outside the International Gateway at EPCOT at 11:30 P.M. before the 1:00 P.M. Mega-Mouse Meet. That is just a short boat launch ride to the Dolphin Resort.

So everyone come by and say hello.

It would be great if we could get more that 300 people at this Mega-Mouse Meet.

Also take a look at the first page of this thread, because I put the Mousefest, and RADP, and DIS meets together all in one place.

So who wants to at least try to come to the Mega Mouse Meet?

I think that I will make a list of all those that will try to be there on December 11th between 1:00 P.M. and 3:00 P.M..

Ray

(If only a hundred Mousefesters show up that night out of a possible 20,000 maximum capacity for MVMCP, then you are looking at one half of one per cent of the total crowd.
One half of one per cent...lol.)

Yes.....my post was worried about Mousefest activities during the time we would be there as I had NO idea how many people attend Mousefest. That is why I posted a topic on the boards about the even.

For those who do not know....we have NO idea how large Mousefest is.

For example, I am needing to reschedule the time we wanted to go to the Marina at the Poly on Thursday the 9th. DH & I were hoping to rent a boat on that day since we are staying at the Poly and that is a day/afternoon we weren't going to the parks. I was advised by a member it will be packed and we should reschedule. In this instance, Mousefest would have caused a hiccup in our plans. So...although Mousefest may account for 1% at MVMCP....this is not the case for our plans at the marina.

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=653085

Originally posted by vjc715
(If only a hundred Mousefesters show up that night out of a possible 20,000 maximum capacity for MVMCP, then you are looking at one half of one per cent of the total crowd.
One half of one per cent...lol.)

Yes.....my post was worried about Mousefest activities during the time we would be there as I had NO idea how many people attend Mousefest. That is why I posted a topic on the boards about the even.

For those who do not know....we have NO idea how large Mousefest is.

For example, I am needing to reschedule the time we wanted to go to the Marina at the Poly on Thursday the 9th. DH & I were hoping to rent a boat on that day since we are staying at the Poly and that is a day/afternoon we weren't going to the parks. I was advised by a member it will be packed and we should reschedule. In this instance, Mousefest would have caused a hiccup in our plans. So...although Mousefest may account for 1% at MVMCP....this is not the case for our plans at the marina.

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=653085

:wave: Hi, vjc715.

I am very sorry that you are upset about having to change your schedule on December the 9th.

Wow...what are the odds that you scheduled your Polynesian Resort Marina mini-speed boat(or mini-mice boats...I can't remember) at 2:00 P.M to 3:00 P.M. at the same time as the Recreation.Arts.Disney.Parks Mousefest Meet.

I'm sure there will be plenty of boats left even if you do come for the one hour event between 1:00 P.M. to 2:00 P.M..

You might have some fun and make a few friends.

Most Mousefest meets, as I stated in a couple of posts earlier, are limited.

For instance, Jim Hill's MK tour on Friday and Saturday is already full with possibly only 15 to 20 people.

Or the EPCOT Illluminations Cruises are limited to about 9 people per boat.

I won't be at the one hour Polynesian mini-boat meet because I will be at the EPCOT Hidden Mickey's Tour with the authur Dr. Steven Barrett at 3:00 P.M. I don't think that I could make it from the Polynesian Marina to EPCOT in time, but I may change my mind...lol. You ought to come, I'd like to meet you.

The largest meet will be on Saturday on the 11th at the Dolphin Resort as I stayed on this thread. Last year we had an amazing 300 people.

But everybody does there own thing, and will not go to every single meet because they may have other interests.

The RADP Mega-Mouse Meet will be on the 11th also outside the EPCOT's International Gateway. These will be the two biggest meets.

If you are really upset that you may run into any Mousefest events, then you can use the list of meets on the front page of this thread to schedule around the Mousefest events.

Many DISers will be there.

And so will many other Disney discussion board readers and Disney
book readers. But I'm sure that you already know that since you read this thread.

I'll be a Mickey's Very Merrry Christmas Party on the 9th, too. But as most Mousefesters at the MVMCP that night; maybe 100 of us at the maximum compared to last year; I will be meeting with only three DISers for Dinner at the MK Liberty Tree Tavern for before the official MVMCP opening. Maybe you know them, KristaTX, and her mom, and ASCurly.

From what I understand, when the MVMCP sells out, they limit the tickets to about 20,000 ticket holders.

From what I understand, during the Summer they allow over that amount to Magic Kindom, up to 30,000 or more.

It may not seem like it waiting in line for photos and in front of the castle or waiting on Mainstreet for the Holiday Parade and Wishes fireworks.

I hope that you have a magical, fun, relaxing time on your vacation.

Sincerely, Ray

Nope....I'm not very upset about anything or having to change things around. Just glad I had the info to be able to change plans. I had changed resorts weeks earlier when I found out POP Warner/cheer would be also staying at POR....so we changed to Poly for the last 1/2 of the trip.

Our plans were to sleep in, lunch around noon, go to the marina around 1pm, visit some of the other surrounding resorts then head to MVMCP...so yes....what are the odds. We are just going to head out before lunch.

Again...I'm not "upset" or "really upset" about Mousefest...was simply trying to find out if it was going to interfere with my current plans.

No...I don't know the other people you are meeting ....
The only DIS'ers I know is Pete (Werner).

I think it's a GREAT event and an opportunity to meet everyone and for those who share such a wonderful interest such as Disney. I think my questions or concerns were taken out of context. http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=653067

Thanks for the well wishes & information on the Mousefest.

Originally posted by vjc715
Nope....I'm not very upset about anything or having to change things around. Just glad I had the info to be able to change plans. I had changed resorts weeks earlier when I found out POP Warner/cheer would be also staying at POR....so we changed to Poly for the last 1/2 of the trip.

Our plans were to sleep in, lunch around noon, go to the marina around 1pm, visit some of the other surrounding resorts then head to MVMCP...so yes....what are the odds. We are just going to head out before lunch.

Again...I'm not "upset" or "really upset" about Mousefest...was simply trying to find out if it was going to interfere with my current plans.

No...I don't know the other people you are meeting ....
The only DIS'ers I know is Pete (Werner).

I think it's a GREAT event and an opportunity to meet everyone and for those who share such a wonderful interest such as Disney. I think my questions or concerns were taken out of context. http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=653067

Thanks for the well wishes & information on the Mousefest.

Oooookey...Dokey...jvc715.

Oh...I made a mistake about the time for the RADP's Sea Racre Rally at the Polynesian Marina. It is beining held for one hour between 2:00 P.M. and 3:00 P.M..

Just came across this thread and thought I'd say hi, Ray :wave2:. Looking forward to spending time with you again.

Len and JamesD - looking forward to seeing y'all again, too :wave:.

Everyone else - maybe I'll get to meet you this year :).

Ray ~ Thank you for the update on the time the marina rally is. That helps us plan the day, it gives us more time ;-)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter