~ºoº November 27, 2010- Western Magic! ºoº~

Morning everyone!

To all of you that are already on vacation and relaxing at WDW, please have a cocktail for me and enjoy!

We are still here, our flight leaves at 4:30 today and I have to put 4 hours of work in (from home at least) and am really NOT in the mood. So, I am logged in, will do a bit of work and then SEE YA...I will be out of there!

Had a great dinner at my parents yesterday (my mom rocks the holiday dinner) and then we all went to see my grandmother (96) in the nursing home. She was very happy to see my DD and DS, her GGDD and GGDS. We weren't able to bring her home for dinner this year as she is barely mobile now. :sad1:

I am now all packed (except for brushes and makeup that I'll use today). DH said he is packing today to give himself something to do. Oh, and of course, he's still snoozing.

See you all tomorrow...and Steph/Nana Tink - if you see someone wandering the lobby of the Hyatt when you check in, it's probably me cuz I won't be able to sleep. :rotfl2:

Oh dear - I'm coming very late to this party. (too much work and no play makes for last minute trip planing).

We sail tomorrow with the rest of you. Me (Kathi 44), DH Brian (37) DD (6), parents 74 and 88. We are in FL at my folks house but I still have A LOT of packing to do!!

Hope you all have a magical trip!!

I'm at work under protest...I've put in 4 hours already,....been here since 5:30...off to finish up so I can leave by 11 at the latest!

I'm at work under protest...I've put in 4 hours already,....been here since 5:30...off to finish up so I can leave by 11 at the latest!

I hear you, Steph!

I didn't have to go in, but logged in at 6:30 and have been working on my project since then....BUT....I got all the answers to the proposal uploaded to the clients' online system so I don't have to leave it for my team! :cool1: I hate leaving my work for them to do!

SO....I just logged off and am OFFICIALLY ON VACATION!!!

I have to paint DD's toenails and then jump in the shower. We will leave for the airport around 2:30....and already the kids (and DH) have been driving me insane. It will be a LONG afternoon!

See you all very soon...Steph, get the heck out of work already!!!

Oh dear - I'm coming very late to this party. (too much work and no play makes for last minute trip planing).

We sail tomorrow with the rest of you. Me (Kathi 44), DH Brian (37) DD (6), parents 74 and 88. We are in FL at my folks house but I still have A LOT of packing to do!!

Hope you all have a magical trip!!

Welcome. I also have a DD age 6 :-)

Welcome Kathi!
Waiting on Matt to finish some Army stuff and we are on the road to Florida--can't wait. Wedding went well, Thanksgiving dinner has been cleaned up and we packed this morning lol--wonder what all we forgot. No worries have the FE gifts and bathing suit, so the important stuff is covered. Can't wait to get on board and meet everyone! Safe trips to all, see ya soon...

:cheer2: WELCOME< Kathi and Family! :cheer2:
We are meeting at 3 PM in Promenade Lounge

Rachel---glad to hear the wedding went well! Welcome to the world of military spouses! :goodvibes

I"M ON VACATION!!! :banana::banana::banana:
DArcy, you are probably about to head out the door for the airport, see you soon!
Off to finish packing, the car is picking us up at 6!!

YAY WE MADE IT!party:

:cheer2: WELCOME< Kathi and Family! :cheer2:
We are meeting at 3 PM in Promenade Lounge

Rachel---glad to hear the wedding went well! Welcome to the world of military spouses! :goodvibes

I"M ON VACATION!!! :banana::banana::banana:
DArcy, you are probably about to head out the door for the airport, see you soon!
Off to finish packing, the car is picking us up at 6!!

YAY WE MADE IT!party:

I am sitting at the airport waiting to get on JetBlue!

Rachael. - Congrats on the wedding!

See you all in 24 hours!

Shower? Check
Packed? check
shoes and coat? check
ready? Check....oh wait..we still have an hour and 8 minutes until the car arrives! :lmao:
maybe a cocktail is in order...I will get my bartender on that! :drinking1 :goodvibes

See you all very soon!!!!:wave2:

Thought I'd sneak a last post in ...

Welcome aboard, Kathi. Please stop by and say hello tomorrow. We're all meeting at 3 pm in the Promenade Lounge.

Rachel - Congrats! I was a military spouse so I can relate. Looking forward to meeting you both!

Take care, everyone! See you tamale! :dance3:

Thanks for the welcome everyone. We will stop by at 3:00. I will definitely need a drink.

My dad's car broke down tonight, so I am frantically trying to find a rental car/cars that will hold all our luggage (we are going to Disney World after the cruise, so we have 4 large suitcases and 5 carry-ons). My dad has a big Caddy that just barely fit all our stuff, now I don't know what to do (or rent)....I may have a heart attack and die before tomorrow.....but if not - I look forward to meeting you all at 3. (I'll be the frazzled looking, 40-something, red-haird woman).

Safe travels everyone.

Mini-van rented....can pick it up at 8 am tomorrow. Hopefully all our stuff fits!

Is anyone going to Nachi Cocum on Cozumel?

We walked off the ship this morning (boo), and we were home by 1045am. Laundry and cleaning has begun. I wish we were just getting onboard today. DD and I experienced a roough day on Thursday with the seas. Thankfully, we used the sea day as an excuse to hang oout in the stateroom all day together. We rebooked onboard, sailing on 10/30/11 on the Disney Dream.

Hope everyone had a great cruise, and safe travels home.

We walked off the ship this morning (boo), and we were home by 1045am. Laundry and cleaning has begun. I wish we were just getting onboard today. DD and I experienced a roough day on Thursday with the seas. Thankfully, we used the sea day as an excuse to hang oout in the stateroom all day together. We rebooked onboard, sailing on 10/30/11 on the Disney Dream.

Hope everyone had a great cruise, and safe travels home.

So disappointed we didn't get a chance to meet! Sorry to hear about your rough day (must have been those rocky seas on Wednesday night!). It was a great cruise, and looking forward to the next one!

I still have a FE goodie bag for Sairose...does anyone know if they were onboard?

Just relaxing at Wilderness Lodge right now, and waiting for Candlelight Processional this evening!

So disappointed we didn't get a chance to meet! Sorry to hear about your rough day (must have been those rocky seas on Wednesday night!). It was a great cruise, and looking forward to the next one!

I still have a FE goodie bag for Sairose...does anyone know if they were onboard?

Just relaxing at Wilderness Lodge right now, and waiting for Candlelight Processional this evening!

Yep, those seas knocked DD and I a bit. But we still enjoyed! Have fun at WL, and Epcot Candlelight...I sang for 6 years in the cast choir.

I also have an FE goodie bag for Saoirse (The Brown Family). A note on their stateroom door stated not the Brown family, and I didn't see them on the updated list onboard. I hope everything is ok!

Did anyone else book their next cruise onboard? We are sailing on the Dream 10/30/11...got one of the hard-to-get inside staterooms with real time porthole. Sad it's the same price as the oceanview...but we want to see this new style room. DD is upset it is so far away...me too. Post cruise blues, ugh.

We were on this cruise last year and all week I thought about it and wondered how your weather was in each port- not too crazy, I know!

I can't wait to go back- wish we rebooked onboard.

Hope it was as great as 2009!

Linda

what a great time! I also did not do well on Thursday! But I still booked our next cruise while on board. We are going back again for Thanksgiving 2011! woo hoo!

Also I can't believe the amount of stuff we got with the fe's and we were only on the pixie dust list! you guys were amazing and my children loved every minute it!

Thanks to everyone for all the great gifts from the FE! I can't wait to take more time to look at everything once i catch up on :laundy:

Stephanie B - sorry you and Kayla had a rough time with the seas. DH wasn't feeling great that day in the AM, but took some dramamine and was much better.

I am having those post-vacation blues right now (which is making me very crabby). Trying to pick up the stuff I unpacked so we can make room for the Christmas Tree we are heading to get this afternoon.

While the weather could have been better, we had a great time (and the weather was definitely great on CC). We rebooked onboard with a dummy date. We will sail sometime late in 2012 or early 2013. With the iffy weather we had this year (and last year), we may try to cruise more in the middle of the year. We shall see. We also booked a room for my parents, but not sure if we can get them to sail with us or not.

We received some great pixie dust while we were there...DS was chosen to be the prince of the seas and light the tree on the first night (and it was the first lighting of the season!). He received a Magical Memories certificate and we were given about 10 great photos of the event as well as our whole family with Mickey and Minnie! :thumbsup2

Our stateroom host, Tri, was fantastic and so very personable! He arranged for a Magical Memories event for both DD and DS and he taught us all how to make the towel animals and each of the kids got a Magical Memories certificate with a Disney pin attached to each of them. His manager showed up as well and took somoe photos. :banana:

As for The Brown Family -I never heard from them either, so maybe they got an upgrade and weren't able to let us know or on the sad side, maybe they didn't end up cruising.

Jeff and Mina - I will miss not running into you guys every day! Hope your 9th cruise was just as magical as your first. :yay:

Karolyn - it was great to have time to chat with you throughout the week, and hope you were able to get everything re-packed. :rotfl2: Did you rebook???

Steph/Nana Tink - wonderful to finally meet you! Hope your celebration onboard was better than the one your co-workers got on land. :wizard:

I must get back to the laundry and cleaning...downloading the photos as well so I can start working on the digital photo book!

Have a wondeful holiday season everyone...I will be checking back in to see if everyone had a great time and made it home safely. :love:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter