°o° °o° °o° 9/11/09 DCL Announcement Discussion Thread °o° °o° °o°

We are soooooo going if it is Alaska! :banana: I just hope they don't jack up the prices too much because it is Disney AND Alaska. :surfweb:

http://www.vancouversun.com/travel/Disney+Cruise+Lines+coming+Vancouver/1981265/story.html
VANCOUVER — Disney Cruise Lines will introduce departures from Vancouver to Alaska, according to reports.

Disney is expected to announce details of the new venture at a press conference Friday morning.

The cruise line dedicated to family vacations, features a Peter Pan Neverland activity centre, a nursery for infants, live shows such as Toy Story: The Musical, 3-D cinemas and a "Pirates in the Caribbean" dinner and deck party.

Disney's two cruise ships, Disney Magic and Disney Wonder, weigh 83,000 tonnes, and measure 964 feet long.

Disney Dream and Disney Fantasy cruise ships, which are currently under construction, will weigh 128,000 tonnes, with 1,250 staterooms.

© Copyright (c) The Vancouver Sun
I was so hoping they'd be going out of Seattle..... :mad::mad:

Very exicited to have a new itinerary...Alaska..:goodvibes
So now we can plan on spending a few days at DL and then cruise Alaska and go back to DL for a few days before flying back to the east coast.. I need two weeks of vacation please!! I will put my request in now!

What to do first...Hawaii with DVC or an Alaskian cruise....:goodvibes

I'm looking forward to hearing the itinerary announcements.

After the article posted about Vancouver and Alaska as well as the speculation about Hawaii, I'm starting to suspect DCL may be doing both. Possibly like many other cruiselines, the Hawaii itineraries will be "repo" cruises the beginning and end of the Alaska season. Foreign port requirement filled with possibly Mexico and Vancouver.

I have no "super secret sources", just my own thoughts and I'm probably off. ;)

I look forward to checking back this evening. DH and I are hiking the Bright Angel Trail in the GCNP today. Yes, the Iphone works at the Grand Canyon! LOL

I'm looking forward to hearing the itinerary announcements.

After the article posted about Vancouver and Alaska as well as the speculation about Hawaii, I'm starting to suspect DCL may be doing both. Possibly like many other cruiselines, the Hawaii itineraries will be "repo" cruises the beginning and end of the Alaska season. Foreign port requirement filled with possibly Mexico and Vancouver.

These are my thoughts too - less then two hours to go

Roughly two hours to go... I'm at home scheduling things *around* the announcement (shaking my head). Anyone else doing the same thing? Am I the only one? LOL.

Roughly two hours to go... I'm at home scheduling things *around* the announcement (shaking my head). Anyone else doing the same thing? Am I the only one? LOL.

Nope, not the only one. Our DD has to babysit in a little while, I already told my DW if DD has to be dropped off around 11:30-12:30 that she would have to take her, as I am NOT leaving my laptop!!! ;):lmao:

I am anxiously awaiting word as well. This has been a day long coming.

After the article posted about Vancouver and Alaska as well as the speculation about Hawaii, I'm starting to suspect DCL may be doing both. L
Well it did say "destinations". :hyper:
I won't touch Alazka w/ a 10-foot pole so more room for you guys that want to. ;) I want to escape the snow, not seek it. :lmao:

I wish I could! Unfortunately I'm on my way out the door now, but at least I know I can check here for the latest info the minute I get back home. :thumbsup2

So do you all think any specific itineraries and dates will be announced today, or is this a much more general these are our future plans, more info to come later kind of thing? I guess either way it will be nice to have the official word on something, anything. ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter