°o° °o° °o° 9/11/09 DCL Announcement Discussion Thread °o° °o° °o°

ALL OF THE OTHER CRUISE LINES BASE THEIR TIERED REWARD SYSTEM ON THE NUMBER OF CRUISES, NOT THE AMOUNT OF DAYS.
Are serious??? Everything is by night, money spent or number of miles flown. I don't know of award program that is out there that is based on how often you use it. Can you imagine if your credit card rewards were based on The # of purchases you made over dollar amount? Think about it everything is based on that from Tupperware sales to your Disney reward card. I mean if Disney understood it wouldn't be fair the 3 night cruises to earn credit for cruise beyone Silver then, they actually had to think about it. All I'm saying is I expected a much better program out of Disney. I think, Disney blew it here. And, whenever I speak to a live rep you'll bet I'll ask each time if I can become a gold member.

ALL OF THE OTHER CRUISE LINES BASE THEIR TIERED REWARD SYSTEM ON THE NUMBER OF CRUISES, NOT THE AMOUNT OF DAYS.

Royal Caribbean gives you 1 credit per cruise, and an extra credit for cruises 12 nights or longer. If you book a suite, you get another credit - even on 3 and 4-night cruises: http://www.royalcaribbean.com/cas/b...id=0000PIAfmM3iUWpIJHGrX26byB9:13hldio7n#Gold

Earn one cruise credit for each completed sailing and an extra cruise credit when you purchase and sail in a suite (for sailings beginning on or after January 1, 2004) or when you sail on a 12-night or longer cruise/cruisetour (for sailings beginning on or after January 1, 2003).

Celebrity and Azamara (owned by Royal Caribbean) have a similar policy: http://www.celebritycruises.com/cap...ebdrn?pagename=membership_benefits&cS=SIDENAV

Are serious??? Everything is by night, money spent or number of miles flown. I don't know of award program that is out there that is based on how often you use it. Can you imagine if your credit card rewards were based on The # of purchases you made over dollar amount? Think about it everything is based on that from Tupperware sales to your Disney reward card. I mean if Disney understood it wouldn't be fair the 3 night cruises to earn credit for cruise beyone Silver then, they actually had to think about it. All I'm saying is I expected a much better program out of Disney. I think, Disney blew it here. And, whenever I speak to a live rep you'll bet I'll ask each time if I can become a gold member.

I guess you don't fly Southwest or AirTran whose programs are based on segments flown and not number of miles? There are some hotels programs that are based on stays not number of nights, also some of the car rental companies are the same way. They want your loyalty for how often you use them not for how long you use them.

In reality DCL has made the changes to their loyality program, something they didn't have to do. People have been looking for a change for a long time and now that it's in place people are moaning and complaining. NO program will make EVERYONE happy ALL the time. We all just need to accept the changes and quit harping on it.

I look at it as a SHARED perk for loyal cruisers and the people who can and do pay for the suites. It shouldn't be a competition.

If it went by the amount of days, I too, would be platinum...but I'm not complaining. If it went by the amount of money spent on cruises, as in, the number of rooms paid for, the amount of money spent only on suites on longer cruises, paying for a DCL wedding, I'd be so far beyond Platinum that it isn't even funny. But I'm still not complaining. How fair would it be to the people who only have enough vacation time to take the 3 and 4 night cruises, if they counted the number of days?

There will ALWAYS be someone who feels that they are getting the short end of the stick. Always.

Disney did what they did according to industry standards.

There really isn't any reason to keep going over and over something that's already done, and I seriously doubt that a letter-writing campaign is going to make any difference whatsoever.

Well said! I'm sick to death of listening to people complain about the tier system. The people asked for a tier system Disney gave a tier system, now the people are complaining about how Disney did the tier system. If they had gone with days sailed then people would have complained about the higher category they paid for than someone else. Disney went the simplest way to go, not to mention the most common way to go compared to other cruise lines. Just be grateful that you've been fortunate enough to have been on more than one Disney cruise! There are so many families in this world that will never even come close to having such a dream vacation.

(Ok, rant over) ;)

I was talking about cruises. I'm well aware of how the points work on my credit card.

I guess I should clarify....on Norwegian and Princess, they go by the number of cruises taken...but when they have the "club" party, they DO also mention the number of days.
I haven't cruised Holland America so I cannot speak to that one, but I did look at RCI and it goes BY NUMBER OF CRUISES...with added bonuses if you cruise on longer cruises. So except for the added bonus, Princess RCI and NCL are the same as what Disney is doing.

I just booked Princess cruise #4, so they are the same as Disney. My Disney is at #7. We love both lines.

I guess you don't fly Southwest or AirTran whose programs are based on segments flown and not number of miles? There are some hotels programs that are based on stays not number of nights, also some of the car rental companies are the same way. They want your loyalty for how often you use them not for how long you use them.

In reality DCL has made the changes to their loyality program, something they didn't have to do. People have been looking for a change for a long time and now that it's in place people are moaning and complaining. NO program will make EVERYONE happy ALL the time. We all just need to accept the changes and quit harping on it.
Then, why are you responding to my post. I'm not sure I understand. I made a valid complaint and now you are harping me for complaining. I thought this was a message board. If you didn't like my post or you disagree that is fine but don't tell me that I don't have the right to question something that I think it valid. Just say you disagree and leave it at that. Sorry I ruined your day. In the grand scheme of things this isn't going to ruin my life. Trust me on that. I can still complain and see where I get with Disney.

I was talking about cruises. I'm well aware of how the points work on my credit card.

I guess I should clarify....on Norwegian and Princess, they go by the number of cruises taken...but when they have the "club" party, they DO also mention the number of days.
I haven't cruised Holland America so I cannot speak to that one, but I did look at RCI and it goes BY NUMBER OF CRUISES...with added bonuses if you cruise on longer cruises. So except for the added bonus, Princess RCI and NCL are the same as what Disney is doing.
I still think Disney could have made it better that's all I'm saying. I don't agree with it. I'd like to purchase the special merchandise. I think, you are okay with it because it really doesn't effect you and that is okay too.

I just booked Princess cruise #4, so they are the same as Disney. My Disney is at #7. We love both lines.
You know there is a HUGE pricing difference between Disney and Princess. So, I just think to compensate for those paying for higher categories they should do based on nights. I'm sure the Baltic cruise with Princess was way cheaper than Disney. That's all I'm saying...

You know there is a HUGE pricing difference between Disney and Princess. So, I just think to compensate for those paying for higher categories they should do based on nights. I'm sure the Baltic cruise with Princess was way cheaper than Disney. That's all I'm saying...
I meant that there frequent cruiser program counts the trips instead of the nights sailed, "just like Disney does".,, not the price.
I just cancelled the Disney Baltics for June 12, 2010 and booked with Princess for June 11, 2010... big difference in price, and I liked the port intensive itinerary better. I was able to get a mini-suite for $2000 less than a cat 11 inside cabin on Disney.. but the airfare to Copenhagen will be more than the airfare to London.. We like both lines.

You only need to take the ferry ride to Victoria if you are coming to visit. The Wonder is leaving for Alaska from Vancouver. No ferry ride needed from Oregon.

Thanks... I got confused somewhere...when the time comes I'll make sure I know where to show up. :confused3

I do hear Victoria is lovely..maybe an extra day or so and some tea at the Empress is in order. With the Tuesday sailing there's no point driving up Monday. If we head up Saturday or Sunday it would give us time to explore and have a little extra fun. :dance3:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!