¤*~*¤May/June 2013 ¤*~*¤Trip Planning Thread

Do you want a special Mickey Head to signify our group?

• Yes - The Lime Green Mickey Head for DISBoards!

• Yes - Let's choose our own design

• No thanks - not interested

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back to work at 7:15 this morning after a late night return. Boy does reality suck.

We leave a week from Saturday! I think I am more nervous than anything- partly because we're not familiar with the parks, and partly because of transportation. We've never taken a cab before and we will be taking one from the airport, and one from the hotel to Amtrak. Then hoping we can get ocean-side seats on Amtrak and disembark at the right station...etc.

How do you usually pay for a taxi? Credit card for fare (if possible), and cash for tip? Cash for all? CC for all?

Been checking Mousewait and the 10 day forecast too!

Yikes I am not looking forward to the unruly teens, I will have two teens with me, and although we won't be together all the time, I have to say that I am totally comfortable with them wandering around by themselves (although my son is a recent graduate, he won't be attending any Grad night activities) they are good kids & very responsible & mature for their age, one is 17 & one is 20. I think part of the problem is that some of the kids have never been on their own and all of a sudden they are wandering around Disney unaccompanied and are thrilled & motivated by their peers behavior!

Well I won't hesitate to say something if I see unruly behavior, and will point it out to CM's especially since we will be traveling with my brother, his wife, daughter & granddaughter for her first trip (she's 8) and a cousin as well. If they are just having fun & laughing, fine, but any inappropriate behavior will not be tolerated well by me.

I want to enjoy myself, we are flying 1000's of miles to get there, and I just want to make sure my kids have a great time like we normally do! It was so pleasant at the beginning of Dec. when I was there with my sister & niece, I'm sure I'll notice the difference with the crowds & of course heat level! :) I'm bound & determined to have a good time regardless though, nothing will stop me!!

I should like to share a story of teens not behaving badly. Little Llama was wearing her birthday button and a pack of teens all wished her happy birthday as we were walking by. They even let us get a picture of them standing around Little Llama. They were very vocal, but friendly and well mannered.

How do you usually pay for a taxi? Credit card for fare (if possible), and cash for tip? Cash for all? CC for all?

Been checking Mousewait and the 10 day forecast too!

We are taking a taxi from SNA to DLR and then back again for our return. We are planning on paying cash for both tip and taxi ride. DH doesn't like to use the credit cards unless we absolutely need too.

I'm starting to look at the forecast, but am not really relying on it right now, still have 13 days until we are off, I'll probably stalk it more when we are about a week out :goodvibes.

Surprised that I just saw this thread.

We will be at the Grand Californian from June 7th to the 13th. We fly into Santa Ana the morning of the 5th and are driving down to San Diego for a couple of nights, before driving back up to Anaheim on Friday.

My oldest daughter and her boys will be driving down from the Sacramento area on the 8th to join us!

Back to work at 7:15 this morning after a late night return. Boy does reality suck.

I think this cartoon by Wiley sums it up:
realityland.jpg

My fiancé and I will be there 6/14-6/17 to celebrate his birthday and look at the wedding locations (yaaaaay disney wedding)! Our hotel is the Holiday Inn in Buena Park (I messed up on Priceline- ugh). Has anyone else stayed there before? I know it's about 5 miles from the parks...

I get to start packing next weekend! Everybody who is going soon have a great time!

Same here :cool1:. DH told me this morning that he wants to go in the attic tomorrow and bring down all of our suitcases which means I will have to start putting clothes in piles in our room. The problem with that is once they are in a pile I don't want anyone to touch them and since the girls still have a week and half of school left I know they will be using the clothes that I want to set aside. I guess I will be doing a lot of :laundy: from now until we leave (not like I wasn't going to anyways :rotfl:).

I'll be there June 2nd for the whole day and then leaving June 3rd. :sad: Short trip, but hey, it's better than no Disney at all!

My daughter and I are doing a girls only trip. We will be there june 9 till the 12,and staying at Anabella hotel. Any educated guesses how busy it will be?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter