¤*~*¤May/June 2013 ¤*~*¤Trip Planning Thread

Do you want a special Mickey Head to signify our group?

• Yes - The Lime Green Mickey Head for DISBoards!

• Yes - Let's choose our own design

• No thanks - not interested

Results are only viewable after voting.

ColoradoLime

wait awhile between eating and goat staring
WELCOME ALL NEW TRAVELERS: If you're planning on visiting DLR during either May or June, please join us here to talk about trip planning, schedules, strategies, or anything else!

Suggestions for other trip planning resources? Let me know!​

***ROLL CALL***

MAY 2013

Carousel Inn
5/3 to 5/7: JalenJade

Cortona Inn
5/27 to 5/31: Sunflare

Del Sol Inn
5/4 to 5/7: DLmama

Dessert Inn & Sands
5/21 to 5/26: thenewlyweds10
5/27 to 6/1: californiamomof4grls

Disneyland Hotel
5/2 to 5/7: Czardas
5/5 to 5/10: MemoriesintheMaking
5/6 to 5/9: TheChapman6
5/28 to 5/29: VandVsmama

Fairfield Inn
5/4 to 5/10: flightdave82
5/5 to 5/11: Kittykat1978

Grand Californian
4/29 to 5/4: PrincessDisney4 (Disneymoon!)
5/5 to 5/10: llouque
5/5 to 5/9: ACDSNY
5/7 to 5/12: JalenJade
5/11 to 5/14: MermaidHair
5/15 to 5/16: BriAlie
5/25 - 5/28: wishwash01

Howard Johnson
Beginning of May: Sherilaine
4/30 to 5/4: traceee
5/4 to 5/8: Coloradolime
5/5 to 5/8: Buddhaluv
5/5 to 5/11: KristinRiess
5/13 to 5/18: ColoradoGirl85
5/16 to 5/23: lozzypop
5/18 to 5/24: aussie_shaz
5/22 to 5/26: PigletGurl
5/30 to 6/3: Saskiwi

The Islander
5/20 to 5/27: melbarkwith

Quality Inn & Suites
4/27 to 5/1: Zackery

Residence Inn
5/24 to 5/31: Mouse13

Sheraton Park
5/7 to 5/12: MICKEYFIL
5/30 to 6/4: BlueFairy

Super 8
5/29 to 5/31: grammalisa

TBD
5/3 to 5/6: melissac
5/24 to 5/31: stubby

JUNE 2013

Best Western Anaheim
6/27 to 7/1: ajrwdwgirl

Carousel Inn
6/1 to 6/7: livandemsmom
6/10 to 6/13: lovebugg33

DisneyLand Hotel
6/4 to 6/9: Natalie CA
6/6 to 6/11: Scribble Kitty
6/22 to 6/26: bamagrl@hrt

Dolphin's Cove
6/8 to 6/11: MichelleVW
6/15 to 6/22: lucy200683

Fairfield Inn
6/9 to 6/15: junmatno

Howard Johnson
6/1 to 6/8: Kansas Mom
6/9 to 6/14: love2go2disney2
6/15 to 6/22: mommy2allyandaveri

Grand Californian
6/1 to 6/8: CateinPhoenix
6/10 to 6/14: LoveKermit
6/14 to 6/19: Mrobin023

Paradise Pier Hotel
6/19 to 6/25: KRISTINSMOMMY
6/22 to 6/26: Heymy

Ramada Maingate
6/15 to 6/19: luvdis

Sheraton Park
6/8 to 6/16: msdaisy

Tropicana
6/11 to 6/13: Lm3js
6/21 to 6/26: Markie Mouse (& DPPH 6/26 - 6/29)

VCG
6/1 to 6/6: kerickson
6/2 to 6/7: meriweather
6/5 to 6/14: PoohsFan1

Other/TBD
6/8 to 6/18: gardenergirl
6/10 to 6/13: Ireland_nicole
6/14 to 6/17: Joluru
6/15 to 6/20: nicleigh84
6/21 to 7/5: cp11
Dates TBD: bjscheel

Me! Me! Me! My family plus my mom, my sister, and brother in law will arrive on 6/8 and leave 6/16. We will have two rooms at Sheraton Park with SoCal City Pass. We plan on sightseeing in Hollywood one day, spending one day at Universal Studios, 5 days at Disney, and we will work in one pool/rest day. I have the package booked through Disney, and I am officially on plane ticket and rental car watch.

We are really starting to get excited. We have been to WDW multiple times, but we have been lured to sunny California by Carsland!

I'm right there with you - Cars is the only reason we're doing DLR over a cruise! My DS will be in heaven!

Are you doing any character meals? We're thinking of the Surf's Up Breakfast as Mickey is the fave around here.

As far as other restaurants, I haven't put much thought into it yet. Blue Bayou maybe just because it sounds like a cool experience. I think the majority of our meals will be just be quick and casual anyway.

We are going to go more casual on dining this trip as well. I paid for one character meal and one premium character meal when I booked. We have all agreed to do dinner at Goofy's one night and do Surf's Up w/Mickey breakfast on our pool day. We were spoiled to free dining at WDW so this will be different, but I hear counter service at DL is really good so I think we will enjoy it. I know we will eat at Earl of Sandwich at least once since we always enjoy that so much. I also plan to do Golden Horseshoe one evening for dinner in hopes of catching Billy Hill & the Hillbillies. We are really used to planning farrrr in advance so we can't help but start the process of thinking about meals and touring plans.

We are going. Taking my going to be 10 month old for her first trip! And so mommy can go to cars land! We are going June 10-13, staying at carousel inn! Our anniversary is June 12! Unfortunately it looks like we will be there on a grad nite :(.

1st family trip to CA, :cool1: June 8-18, planning 4 days at parks, 2 for Hollywood/LA, 1 beach day and ?? can't decide on rest of trip or which days for the parks. Grad nights during our trip too, so not sure if to go to parks those days or not? Feel like we are planning backwards, as we found plane tix we could live with, but figuring out the itinerary is surprisingly hard.:scratchin:

We are really used to planning farrrr in advance so we can't help but start the process of thinking about meals and touring plans.

I know - the lower level of planning with DLR is both nice and frustrating. I feel like I should be doing more!!

We are going June 10-13, staying at carousel inn! Our anniversary is June 12!

I can't wait to hear what you think of the Carousel. We were thinking about that one, but decided on HOJO for their water park.

June 8-18, planning 4 days at parks, 2 for Hollywood/LA, 1 beach day and ?? can't decide on rest of trip or which days for the parks.

With that much time you could head down to San Diego and go to Sea World. We went there a few years ago and it was one of the funnest trips we've ever had. We went in mid-July and there was hardly anyone there. My DD just LOVED the Shamu show. I cannot even explain just how wet we got from that show. I think I'm still soaked!

We thought about HoJo, but my travel agent said this was cheaper and closer, so we went with Carousel because a water park doesn't matter to a baby!

We'll be there!! June 23-29th. My DH's birthday is the 28th, and my DD's 6th birthday is July 10th, but we're celebrating it as well. This will be my third trip to DL, but my family's first time, and we are so excited!! My 13 yr. old DD can't wait to ride the Matterhorn and Indiana Jones, and of course we're all geared up for Carsland!
I just read that the Future Business Leaders of America will be having their convention during this time (26-30) with 8000 kids in attendance. I hope it doesn't affect us too much!

My family of 4 will be at Disneyland June 22-26. My DH has a conference in San Diego after that, so we're making a family vacation out of it. We've never been to Southern California, but definitely couldn't go without seeing where the magic began!

We'll be staying at the Disneyland Hotel. We actually have enough Disney Visa Reward points to pay for our 4 nights' hotel and 4 day park hoppers! :cool1:

I look forward to experiencing the attractions unique to DLR, as well as the differences in those that are at both DLR and WDW.

Thanks ColoradoLime! We have been looking around for "daytrips" because so much is within driving distance. San Diego does seem a good choice. We are also considering San Francisco, Yosemite, or even the grand canyon (it's only 5 hrs away from LA!), but, I don't want us to spend all our time in the car!

I have a question. We are thinking of flying home on the 17th since the 16th is Father's Day, and airfare is sky high coming home. Is the water warm enough to get in at the beaches? I thought we could throw in a beach day. I would love to spend a third day in CA, but couldn't stand to buy a whole new ticket for one day. We could also just about make a day out of downtown disney.

I have a question. We are thinking of flying home on the 17th since the 16th is Father's Day, and airfare is sky high coming home. Is the water warm enough to get in at the beaches? I thought we could throw in a beach day. I would love to spend a third day in CA, but couldn't stand to buy a whole new ticket for one day. We could also just about make a day out of downtown disney.

Whether the beach is warm enough or the water really depends on you and where you are from. It is next to NEVER warm enough for me to get in the water- even in July...however some might find it pleasant... just know it isn't like Florida or Hawaii...

We will be there June 21-July 5. We will start in San Diego for three nights, then the rest in Anaheim. Can hardly wait. This is our daughter's grad trip. We are hoping to do some side trips that we have never done before such as Rodeo Drive maybe, etc.

I just read that the Future Business Leaders of America will be having their convention during this time (26-30) with 8000 kids in attendance. I hope it doesn't affect us too much!

Yikes!! Fingers crossed it's not too bad for you.

are all the attractions, shows and parades open and operating. still on the fence about june.

I haven't been to DL yet, but from what I have been reading most refurbishments are done by June to gear up for summer. I believe in June the entertainment (shows, etc.) are going on but some of them might be only happening on the weekend.

I look forward to experiencing the attractions unique to DLR, as well as the differences in those that are at both DLR and WDW.

Me too! I'm really excited to see how the parks are different and get a real feel for DLR.

Is the water warm enough to get in at the beaches? I thought we could throw in a beach day.

I don't know about how warm the water could be, but we're going to the beach no matter what. We can't go all that way and not see the ocean!!

This is our daughter's grad trip.

How fun! Our 2009 WDW trip was a combo birthday trip for my DD and a present to myself for finishing grad school!

We are going in June too- had planned on staying at Disneyland hotel, but my dad just gave us his class A RV so this trip has morphed into a two week road trip to include 4 days at DLR- the current plan is to head to Mesa verde, hit 4 corners, head by way of canyon de chelly(sp) to the Grand Canyon, see the Hoover dam, head to LA/SoCal, see a beach and do some kind of Hollywood tour for DD, then spend 4 days at DLR And head home stopping at the Sonora desert museum and making our mark at Cadillac ranch.

At DLR our only plans right now are for blue bayou and potentially the trattoria for the WoC package- but DD uses a wheelchair so I don't know if WOC would be a go for us. A little disappointed about not being able to stay on site, and a little overwhelmed at the differences between WDW which we know so well and DLR but super excited about the trip:). Our dates are the first two weeks of June and we will probably be at DLR the 2nd Monday of June- Thurs

We are going in June too- had planned on staying at Disneyland hotel, but my dad just gave us his class A RV so this trip has morphed into a two week road trip to include 4 days at DLR- the current plan is to head to Mesa verde, hit 4 corners, head by way of canyon de chelly(sp) to the Grand Canyon, see the Hoover dam, head to LA/SoCal, see a beach and do some kind of Hollywood tour for DD, then spend 4 days at DLR And head home stopping at the Sonora desert museum and making our mark at Cadillac ranch.

At DLR our only plans right now are for blue bayou and potentially the trattoria for the WoC package- but DD uses a wheelchair so I don't know if WOC would be a go for us. A little disappointed about not being able to stay on site, and a little overwhelmed at the differences between WDW which we know so well and DLR but super excited about the trip:). Our dates are the first two weeks of June and we will probably be at DLR the 2nd Monday of June- Thurs
Just some food for thought if you have an RV. If you aren't going to stay in the grand canyon, do NOT stay at the Grand Canyon KOA. It is much more expensive and no closer than the Circle Pines KOA in Williams. And, the Circle Pines KOA is great, about an hour drive away from the Canyon. We did the Circle Pines KOA several times and we love it. We've never been lucky enough to actually get a spot in the Canyon campground!

We are going in June too- had planned on staying at Disneyland hotel, but my dad just gave us his class A RV

At DLR our only plans right now are for blue bayou and potentially the trattoria for the WoC package- but DD uses a wheelchair so I don't know if WOC would be a go for us.

How fun!!! And from what I've read on these boards it sounds like there are reserved spaces at WOC for wheelchairs. You should look into that. Disney is definitely known for their accommodations.

We'll be there June 2-7 at VGC

Yay!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!