¤*~*¤May/June 2013 ¤*~*¤Trip Planning Thread

Do you want a special Mickey Head to signify our group?

• Yes - The Lime Green Mickey Head for DISBoards!

• Yes - Let's choose our own design

• No thanks - not interested

Results are only viewable after voting.
Thanks Lovebug! I know absolutely nothing about RVing, so I would welcome any and all info you have about camping- I don't wan to hijack the thread, but would appreciate more advice through message - thanks sooo much- I hate not knowing anything LOL

Add us to the list. We're technically arriving on Memorial Day weekend and leaving 6/4 or so. See my new thread. We could really use some input on our itinerary. Trying to decide whether to checkin on Memorial Day and do DLR during the weekdays (tues -Fri) followed by San Diego for 4 nights. OR Arrive San Diego on Sat, your SD Memorial Day through Wed, and then see DLR Fri - Monday.

Can't wait!!!

ireland_nicole said:
Thanks Lovebug! I know absolutely nothing about RVing, so I would welcome any and all info you have about camping- I don't wan to hijack the thread, but would appreciate more advice through message - thanks sooo much- I hate not knowing anything LOL

Can we private message through this website? If we can pm me where you are going because it sounds like where we have been and I will tell you where we have stayed.

danaesacto said:
Whether the beach is warm enough or the water really depends on you and where you are from. It is next to NEVER warm enough for me to get in the water- even in July...however some might find it pleasant... just know it isn't like Florida or Hawaii...

We are from Texas so I would suspect we may freeze in the water. Maybe a picnic on the beach or the Santa Monica Pier.

How fun! Our 2009 WDW trip was a combo birthday trip for my DD and a present to myself for finishing grad school!

Forgot to say, it is also her 18th birthday while we are there, so it will also be a celebration for her bday! Thanks for the reminder. LOL:thumbsup2

Add us to the list. We're technically arriving on Memorial Day weekend and leaving 6/4 or so. See my new thread. We could really use some input on our itinerary. Trying to decide whether to checkin on Memorial Day and do DLR during the weekdays (tues -Fri) followed by San Diego for 4 nights. OR Arrive San Diego on Sat, your SD Memorial Day through Wed, and then see DLR Fri - Monday.

Can't wait!!!

Personally we're choosing to avoid DLR over the weekends. From what I hear they can get pretty crowded with the locals.

Lovebug33- sent you a message- if you click on my avatar you Should be able to send one as well- or just reply to my message in your inbox- thanks again:)

ireland_nicole said:
Lovebug33- sent you a message- if you click on my avatar you Should be able to send one as well- or just reply to my message in your inbox- thanks again:)

I tried to pm and it said you had exceeded your quota. Sorry to hijack!

There are two places near the canyon, probably a couple of hours. One is a drive through bear park and one is out of Africa, which is a fabulous safari park. Not much in Nevada to see. I live in Vegas and it is only so so. Any chance you will hit st George Utah? There is an outdoor theater called Tuacahn. Every year they do a Disney production and it is to die for. Did you say you were doing Mesa verde? That is another great place to visit but that is Colorado'

Did you know that there is a Camping board on the WDW side? I know that it is mostly about Fort Wilderness, but those people are super nice and most will answer any questions you have. Driving (think large vehicle, winds, elevation changes) and maintaining (sewer tanks, etc) a large RV can be a challenge. It would be beneficial at least to read up so you know what's ahead of you.

Sounds like a fantastic trip. We did one very similar twice in the 80s and they are some of our best memories.

June 4th - 9th here....to make up for our last trip which was this past November 25 - 28th, but I managed to come down with a horrible stomach flu/virus and could not leave our hotel room for any of the three days! Needless to say, that left us with a ticket we HAVE to use, so June it is!

Got a GREAT rate ($165/night) for the Disneyland Hotel...stayed at Paradise Pier once, but am really looking forward to DLH!!!! pixiedust:

Taking our first family trip to DL June 1-7. Staying at Carousel Inn. WDW was about too much for my dh in 2006 with all the bus rides do hoping this will feel more relaxing for him. The countdown is on....

We will be road tripping from Wisconsin and will be in Anaheim June 27-July1. We will be staying at the Best Western Anaheim Inn. Really looking forward to it!

NatalieCA said:
June 4th - 9th here....to make up for our last trip which was this past November 25 - 28th, but I managed to come down with a horrible stomach flu/virus and could not leave our hotel room for any of the three days! Needless to say, that left us with a ticket we HAVE to use, so June it is!

Got a GREAT rate ($165/night) for the Disneyland Hotel...stayed at Paradise Pier once, but am really looking forward to DLH!!!! pixiedust:

Yes please! How did you get that rate???? I would switch from Sheraton Park in a minute for that rate!!!!!

We are going!!

When: June 9-15
Staying: Got 3 rooms at Fairfield inn across street for same price as one at DLH!
Who: Me, DH, DS 18, DS, 14,DS 6, and DD, 9 months, her first trip and grad trips for oldest sons, HS and Middle school.
Also MIL, and Godson 14...possibly Compadres also. And Aunt/Uncle/cousin ofDH.

We are so excited and can't wait!! I want to surprise them by booking Dessert Fantasmic for us...it looks yummy and for half will be there first time seeing it and don't know when they'll be back.

In case some of you come into this thread and bypass the first posts, just wanted to let you know I did a major overhaul to the intro.

I'll keep adding to it with additional resources and of course as more people join our group.

We are going!!

Who: Me, DH, DS 18, DS, 14,DS 6, and DD, 9 months, her first trip and grad trips for oldest sons, HS and Middle school.
Also MIL, and Godson 14...possibly Compadres also. And Aunt/Uncle/cousin ofDH.

That's a lot of people - You are going to have a blast!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter