Zoomer Chair

Hi Beth -

The question was for MamaBunny. But I liked your response. Any Product someone buys can have issues and many times once a business sells you a product you don’t get the customer service you expect. Hopefully your situation will also be resolved soon.

Praying my Pink Chariot serves me well, because we won’t be getting much service living in Hawaii. Mobility devices are hard to come by, and the local store won’t even sell you a battery if you didn’t purchase the mobility device from them. 🙄🤞🏻🙏

MamaBunny -

Hope everything gets resolved quickly. I’ll share my experience with my Pink Chariot. We ordered it Monday and is being delivered tomorrow. I allowed time for it to be there when we get to Orlando. But I was hoping it would get there August 1st or 2nd since we have only 15 days to return it if we’re not happy with it. The other caveat is pink and green colors are considered a special order and have a 50% restocking fee. 😱

Ouch! That’s a steep re-stocking fee! I truly hope you like you new chair!

…Praying my Pink Chariot serves me well, because we won’t be getting much service living in Hawaii. Mobility devices are hard to come by, and the local store won’t even sell you a battery if you didn’t purchase the mobility device from them. 🙄🤞🏻🙏

I have been seeing more and more of that type of policy in the last few years. Fold & Go famously will not sell any parts or accessories to you unless you have the serial number of your chair (although they can look you up in their database if you are the first owner). Our favorite local mobility store has finally implemented a ZERO RETURNS policy! I asked them why, and they told us that it was because too many people would buy equipment and/or devices, and then return it right before the return window would close, which would then leave the store with used things that no one wanted… They did take the used returns, and start a new side of the business for rentals; the storefront next door opened up, and so it was an ideal time for expansion. Ironically enough, they refuse to sell anything in the way of accessories (like extra batteries) because they would have to stock more than 3 dozen different kinds of batteries, and they just don’t have enough demand for them to tie up their working capital like that, given the popularity of places like Monsterscooterparts.com

I imagine living in Hawaii you have some shopping challenges that those of us on the mainland never consider!

I can understand how businesses could lose financially when people abuse return policies. One of the reasons we decided against Fold and Go is because we could purchase batteries and replacement parts ONLY from F&G and, if they were out of stock, we would have no alternative businesses to seek in stock items. Living in Hawaii certainly has its challenge. There are items that not even Amazon can ship to Hawaii, e.g., perfume, batteries, aerosol spray products, hair color, etc.

My Pink Chariot was delivered today, but we won’t be in Florida until Aug 7th. Praying no issues. 🙏🤞🏻

Hi Beth -

The question was for MamaBunny. But I liked your response. Any Product someone buys can have issues and many times once a business sells you a product you don’t get the customer service you expect. Hopefully your situation will also be resolved soon.

Praying my Pink Chariot serves me well, because we won’t be getting much service living in Hawaii. Mobility devices are hard to come by, and the local store won’t even sell you a battery if you didn’t purchase the mobility device from them. 🙄🤞🏻🙏

Hey iuki!
Thanks for the reply. As far as my situation with the power chair goes -- I went into remission from my POTS diagnosis a couple of years ago, and amazingly was able to sell it to another person with POTS who really needed it (since I didn't anymore!) I never expected to go into remission, so I was extraordinarily fortunate. :)

I hear you about the difficulties of having access to certain things you need while living in Hawaii. That must be really frustrating...but it makes sense that that would be the reality so far from the mainland. I really hope you have very minimal to no issues with your Pink Chariot!! Best wishes!

Beth

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter