Zoom funeral

tcufrog

DIS Veteran
My father is dying (not COVID) and has days left. An in person funeral is a no go right now so we're going to have to do it via Zoom. I've spoken to my cousin (he's a retired minister) who is performing the funeral and he's never done one via Zoom. I was wondering if anyone here has had the unfortunate experience of attending one and had some feedback for us. We already have access to a commercial account so that's not an issue.

I am so very sorry. I have not attended one, but just wanted to say I’m so sorry for what you are going through

We had MIL's funeral in a church and they livestreamed it and posted it on their website. We were physically present, but it was only us, the minister and staff, and of course we were all masked and distanced.

It wasn't ideal, but it was very helpful for distant relatives who could not possibly have attended.

I don't really know what you are asking, but my suggestion would be to see if you can have the service at a church which already has the infrastructure to at least record the ceremony.

slow down, yourin shick, yur dad is about to die, thats it stop after thaat, Im so sorry I miss my dad so bad, I wixh he would of loved longer

as for the funeral (know one knows for sure when that will be) but it sounds ok to zoom

I’m so sorry :(. We live streamed my DH’s uncle’s memorial for family who could not be there. They were very appreciative. I would see where zoom would work if the speakers could not all be in one place.

Thanks, everyone for your support. I'm pretty fried right now. My sister is flying in from out of state tomorrow. My mom doesn't even know yet. Her Dr sent her to the ER today because of an infection in her ankle and has been admitted to the hospital. I'm going to visit her during visiting hours to tell her. I was able to have an emergency phone session with my psychologist tonight which helped and I've talked to some of my friends. One of my cousins is calling the extended family. My dad didn't go to church so we weren't planning to do it there. My cousin is self quarantining so that's why we're doing it via Zoom.

I'm so sorry. My uncle just died unexpectedly and none of his sisters were able to travel to come. It's hard not being able to be together. His church live-streamed the funeral and that helped.

So sorry to hear this. May God be with your father and your family.

My only comment to add would be whatever venue you decide to use (church or funeral home), check the sound before you have your service. Maybe do a practice zoom session to see what it will be like. The last thing you'd want is to go to all the trouble and find out the empty church has a wicked echo on video or the lighting was so dark no one could see anything. Like others have said, it's possible the funeral home will be able to help you with this. Conversely, your current pastor may be able to recommend someone to do the video.

My father is dying (not COVID) and has days left. An in person funeral is a no go right now so we're going to have to do it via Zoom. I've spoken to my cousin (he's a retired minister) who is performing the funeral and he's never done one via Zoom. I was wondering if anyone here has had the unfortunate experience of attending one and had some feedback for us. We already have access to a commercial account so that's not an issue.
Like everyone else - I'm so sorry you're going through this. Grace and peace to you and yours. :flower3:

I very much agree with those who have mentioned using a facility that already has livestreaming set up. Many churches and I'd imagine practically all funeral homes have the capability and they will handle all the "broadcast" details. Logging on to a website to watch, just like any other on-line video, is easier for many than Zooming.

I’m so very sorry that you are facing losing your dad in the middle of a pandemic which only makes everything even harder. My husband is a funeral director and I would be happy to ask him any questions you might have.

I'm sorry for your situation, and sorry to have to post this, but apparently you can find almost anything on YouTube. It's a little over 17 minutes long, and I only watched a few minutes but they seem legitimate.

Thanks, everyone for your support. I'm pretty fried right now. My sister is flying in from out of state tomorrow. My mom doesn't even know yet. Her Dr sent her to the ER today because of an infection in her ankle and has been admitted to the hospital. I'm going to visit her during visiting hours to tell her. I was able to have an emergency phone session with my psychologist tonight which helped and I've talked to some of my friends. One of my cousins is calling the extended family. My dad didn't go to church so we weren't planning to do it there. My cousin is self quarantining so that's why we're doing it via Zoom.
I'm so sorry you're going through this. It's good that you're able to visit your Mom to tell her in person, even though it won't be easy. My heart breaks for you. I agree with @ronandannette that finding a funeral home that will broadcast the service on a website is better than Zooming the service. There are many people who don't use Zoom, but will be appreciate being able to view it on a website.

I really like the idea of letting the professionals handle the tech part of this, you have enough to deal with. I'm so sorry, try to hang in there.

So sorry to hear about your Dad. :hug:

I don't have experience planning one, but I did attend a (number limited, masked, etc.) funeral service the other day, and noticed that it was being recorded.

I think the funeral home will, sadly, have the experience by now to help you set it up.

I'm so sorry about your dad. Especially sorry you're dealing with it in such complicated times. :grouphug:

So sorry about your dad, and the times we are living in don't make this any easier....
Peace to your family.

I'm attending a funeral today. My best friends sister passed away. It's at a large catholic church. Masks, sit with your family and spread out.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter