• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Zebra Domes

Samandmom

<font color=purple>Curvy WISHer<br><font color=tea
What exactly are they and can you get them from the Boma Breakfast?

They are not at breakfast.. I think at dinner. Here is what they look like. I got them from The Mara at the AKL.

They are good. If you like sweet stuff you will like them. It's like a little vanilla cake with like ooey gooey vanilla frosting and some chocolate on top.

IMG_2541.jpg

But even BETTER is the Chocolate Mousse Crunch....if they have them! Oh Yum. And it's a great treat if you can find them packaged together for sale in Mara. Heaven to go! :cloud9:

They are good. If you like sweet stuff you will like them. It's like a little vanilla cake with like ooey gooey vanilla frosting and some chocolate on top.

There is just a little cake on the bottom. They are chocolate covered Kahlua, coffee, mousse, cake wads! :lmao:

Yeah I knew there was something else, but I could not figure out the name of what else was in them.

They're somewhat gelatinous, and have a slimy texture. I am not fond of them--one is enough.

The Chocolate Mousse Crunch though is divine!

I like to refer to these as 'A bite of Heaven'... YUM!!! I'm going to be 7 mos. PG this trip, and even though we're not staying at AKL this year, I told DH we would need to go to Boma for dinner one night so I could get some. I told him he needs to have his pockets emptied out and ready for stuffing so I can have some when I get back to the room, too! These are so fabulous- you have no idea! Anyone have the recipe for making at home? THAT would make my day!! Enjoy!!

We spent the day of my birthday, this past January, at AK and went to Boma breakfast before we hit the park. They bought a very pretty dessert plate to my table with the DOMES, strawberries, blueberries, and drizzled chocolate and it said Happy Birthday. We were so stuffed from just finishing breakfast that it was very difficult to eat it; but, we did take a few bites since they looked so good….it’s pure indulgence!!!! :cloud9:

I really liked them but didn't know there was meant to be coffee flavouring in them until I read it here on disboards last year.

The othr Boma desserts that I love are the cocomisu and the milk tart. YUM.

Once at a Boma breakfast, my daughter asked about Zebra Domes, and was given a plate for the table! It's my favorite way to spend 1 snack credit on the dining plan at Mara.

So I can get the a la carte? Wonderful! We'll be at AKL for the first time and I don't think we'll hit Boma, so knowing they're at Mara is great!

Thanks, folks!

In 2007, I would get Zebra Domes at the Mara, as the dessert portion of the CS credit. I actually had a stock pile of them back in our hotel room. And I ate them for breakfast on our last morning.... couldn't let them go to waste!! They are heavenly!!

Asked for them at breakfast and got a plate for the table? OMG- That sounds so devilishly bad- like something I would do... Then no one I'm dining with would eat them, so they'd all be mine- MINE!!!

Sorry- sometimes sweets this good get me awfully excited. Still looking for the recipe if it's out there... ...

Our dinner at Boma was my favorite meal of our trip last month. So many new dishes to experience and I loved all but one of the many I sampled.

The Zebra domes, as well as at least one other dessert, had a sign indicating that it was an adult dessert. So I knew it had some find of liquor in it. I didn't know until reading this thread that it was Kahlua. I don't like coffee and normally don't like any coffee flavoring but I enjoyed my Zebra Dome. It was too sweet for more than one per meal for me. I made up for that by eating 4 other dessert samples.

I don't like "mousse" type desserts and didn't care for the zebra domes.
If you like mousse you will probably like them.

Just back from AKL and had plenty of these yummy treats, I LOVE THEM!!! Anyhow, for those who are pregnant and/or have children who would like to try them be aware these do contain alchohol. I doubt it is enough to make much of a difference but just thought I would throw that out there.

Tina

Asked for them at breakfast and got a plate for the table? OMG- That sounds so devilishly bad- like something I would do... Then no one I'm dining with would eat them, so they'd all be mine- MINE!!!

Sorry- sometimes sweets this good get me awfully excited. Still looking for the recipe if it's out there... ...

Yes, it is 'out there'. I just googled zebra domes the other day and it showed up quite easily. However there are a million ingredients and it looks pretty labor intensive! (There were many DISboards links that showed up too!)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter