You're Livin' the Dream, Mater Boy! *Aug 2010*(WE'RE HOME and HAD A GREAT TRIP!!!!)

Another question: Has anyone every requested a late check-out? I had read someone on the DIS that you can request a later 1pm checkout time. Was wondering if anyone has done it? I guess I'll ask about it when we check in and see if we can get it? I think our ME time will be around 1pm since out flight leaves at 4:40pm.

And 2nd quesiton for today: The walkway from MK to the Contemporary - is it easy to find? Is there big sign that says "this way to the CR" or anything? We'll be bussing to MK for our breakfast at Chef Mickeys and figured we could walk over. Just not sure where to find the walkway?

Thanks everyone!!!

AHHH 3 days!!!

To answer your second question, yes, the walkway from the MK to the Contemporary is easy to find. Last summer I walked over there to catch a bus and I am almost positive there was a sign that said walkway to Contemporary. I'm sure there would be one going the other way too. If I am remembering correctly you just go out through the parking lot and I believe there is a set of lights to cross the street and that leads right to the walkway. :) It would definitely make more sense to walk from CR to the MK since the Contemporary comes up AFTER the MK on the resort monorail loop. Of course, if you want a ride on the monorail you could do that too. :)

Oh, and here's a picture too!
5210_605122268164_20305212_35625991_5152188_n.jpg

I can't wait. I can't wait. I can't wait! :yay::yay::yay:
We're going to be there soon!!!!
Great deal on the glow sticks!

Amanda

AHHH 3 days!!!

To answer your second question, yes, the walkway from the MK to the Contemporary is easy to find. Last summer I walked over there to catch a bus and I am almost positive there was a sign that said walkway to Contemporary. I'm sure there would be one going the other way too. If I am remembering correctly you just go out through the parking lot and I believe there is a set of lights to cross the street and that leads right to the walkway. :) It would definitely make more sense to walk from CR to the MK since the Contemporary comes up AFTER the MK on the resort monorail loop. Of course, if you want a ride on the monorail you could do that too. :)

THANKS SARAH!!! :) And thanks for the pciture! I'm hoping it will be easy to find, otherwise I'll just ask someone - I'm generally pretty good at finding my way around, so we should be able to find it alright.

I can't wait. I can't wait. I can't wait! :yay::yay::yay:
We're going to be there soon!!!!
Great deal on the glow sticks!

Amanda

I know! I can't wait either!!! :yay: Are you guys leaving on Sunday?

Karen

OHMYGOSH!!! 2 Days.

My week is going really well and I feel pretty good about where I'm at with packing and getting ready to go. I've been able to get my runs in so far this week, and last night we visited with some family from out of town who were here for the wedding last weekend. So - everything has gone according to plan so far!! Yea! Today is questionable - looks like rain tonight and I'm supposed to do a longer run, if I don't get it in I still have tomorrow night, but I REALLY don't want to run tomorrow night - I'll my legs usually ache all night after a long run and won't sleep well at all, so I'm really hoping and keeping my fingers crossed that I can get it in tonight.

My goals for today are:
1. Finish packing clothes (will have to do 1 load of laundry tomorrow so there will be a few last minute things)
2. Pack any bath supplies we don't need today/tomorrow
3. Pack toys/books/coloring stuff/snacks for the kids carry-ons (have nothing packet for them yet)
4. Begin gathering all electronics/cords/batteries/chargers/cameras and put in my carryon

Last night when I was looking at ALL of the bags/suitcases on our bedroom floor I started getting a little worried - we are not exactly packing light. At all. Even a little bit. I hope it's not too much and I hope we're able to manage all these bags okay. I don't feel like I'm overpacking - not bringing extra outfits, and plan to do laundry half way through. But its still just a lot of stuff. Since this is our first major trip with the kids it's hard for me to know how much is too much.

And is there any chance on earth that we're going to need a pair of pants/jeans down there? I know it's blazing hot but I feel like I should being a pair of pants, just incase? And like a zippy sweatshirt or something? I feel crazy packing this knowing it's 90 degrees, but what do you guys think - could we need jeans/sweatshirt at all? Thanks!!!

OHMYGOSH!!! 2 Days.

My week is going really well and I feel pretty good about where I'm at with packing and getting ready to go. I've been able to get my runs in so far this week, and last night we visited with some family from out of town who were here for the wedding last weekend. So - everything has gone according to plan so far!! Yea! Today is questionable - looks like rain tonight and I'm supposed to do a longer run, if I don't get it in I still have tomorrow night, but I REALLY don't want to run tomorrow night - I'll my legs usually ache all night after a long run and won't sleep well at all, so I'm really hoping and keeping my fingers crossed that I can get it in tonight.

My goals for today are:
1. Finish packing clothes (will have to do 1 load of laundry tomorrow so there will be a few last minute things)
2. Pack any bath supplies we don't need today/tomorrow
3. Pack toys/books/coloring stuff/snacks for the kids carry-ons (have nothing packet for them yet)
4. Begin gathering all electronics/cords/batteries/chargers/cameras and put in my carryon

Last night when I was looking at ALL of the bags/suitcases on our bedroom floor I started getting a little worried - we are not exactly packing light. At all. Even a little bit. I hope it's not too much and I hope we're able to manage all these bags okay. I don't feel like I'm overpacking - not bringing extra outfits, and plan to do laundry half way through. But its still just a lot of stuff. Since this is our first major trip with the kids it's hard for me to know how much is too much.

And is there any chance on earth that we're going to need a pair of pants/jeans down there? I know it's blazing hot but I feel like I should being a pair of pants, just incase? And like a zippy sweatshirt or something? I feel crazy packing this knowing it's 90 degrees, but what do you guys think - could we need jeans/sweatshirt at all? Thanks!!!

WOW!!! OMG..... 2 days!!! So cool!!! :yay::yay::yay:

I missed your countdown calendar somehow...its great!! :thumbsup2

We have those 'glow sticks' too from walgreens! They are cool!! Would be great too at the nighttime parades...since they sell all that kind of light up stuff for crazy $$!! :laughing:

I really dont think you'd need jeans really...maybe light...very light weight jacket IF you tend to get chilled in some restaurants.....in July we didnt need any jeans or jackets...only a little chilly while we ate in some places.

HTH!!

WOW!!! OMG..... 2 days!!! So cool!!! :yay::yay::yay:

I missed your countdown calendar somehow...its great!! :thumbsup2

We have those 'glow sticks' too from walgreens! They are cool!! Would be great too at the nighttime parades...since they sell all that kind of light up stuff for crazy $$!! :laughing:

I really dont think you'd need jeans really...maybe light...very light weight jacket IF you tend to get chilled in some restaurants.....in July we didnt need any jeans or jackets...only a little chilly while we ate in some places.

HTH!!

Hi Heather!

Thanks for the tip on the jeans - I don't think I'll pack any. I'm usually somewhat chilly so I'll just bring a light sweatshirt along and maybe take it to the parks in the evenings when we go back. I'll pack one for each of the kids too, just incase.

I figured Disney would sell all that glow stuff and it would cost a fortune, so for like $3 I was happy to get those for the boys - should be fun and I'm glad they'll have something to play with.

Thanks for the compliments on the countdown calendar - I'm really happy with it and hope to post an updated picture of it soon!
Karen

I can't believe it - I've waited over a year for this day! 1 DAY. The day before we leave. So this is what this feels like!! Completely amazing. :goodvibes

The boys pulled off the last calendar tab this morning. Here they are after it:
DSC00879copy.jpg

I have one last tab for them to pull off tomorrow morning before we leave - underneath is a picture of a Southwest airplane.

I didn't pack much yesterday and feel like I do hav a lot to do yet, so I'm going to get busy this morning and finish packing clothes and outfits. Want to get that 100% done. Then I'll finish up the kids carry-ons and work on our carry-on. I don't know what Dan is bringing in his, but since I'll be sitting by Mater on the plane I'll probably spend the whole time keeping him entertained, so I won't need much myself to do.

Today plan:
- Southwest early check-in this morning
- Last Minute Laundry - 1-2 loads
- Finish packing clothes
- Finish packing carry-ons
- Run to bank - get some cash
- Charge camera batteries
- Get together food/drinks for early morning car ride tomorrow
- Gather all bath supplies so I don't forget something

And that should be about it!!! I better go get started - this day will probably fly by since there is lots to do!!!

:banana::banana::banana::banana:

I also wanted to post a quick running update for this week.

I had a pretty good week, ran 7 miles on Sunday, 4 on Monday, and last night went and did my long run...12 miles!! It was a little bit of a struggle since I didn't do a long run last week due to the heat advisories we were having. So, it was a tough run, did well until about mile 8-9 then I started to struggle. I really wanted to cut it short and head home, but I kept pushing on and forced myself to run even thought I REALLY wanted to walk. I walked a few short stretches here and there, but literally FORCED myself to run most of it. I really did not want to run anymore. I made it home in 2:10, so I was pretty happy with that, about 10:35 average per mile. I was SO sore and tired when I got home, easily the worst I've felt since I started running, just completely beat, it hurt to move at all.

Drank some chocolate milk and took some ibuprofen before bed, but still slept rough last night, didn't fall asleep until well after midnight and it hurt to move during the night. Feeling a bit better this morning, sore but not horrible.

I'm really questioning why I'm doing these long runs since I haven't yet registered for the half marathon. I know it's out there in the back of my mind that I want to do it, but I honestly not completely sure that I want to do it. At least when I get home from my runs I can moan, groan, and be in agony in private - don't know how it would be out in public in front of everyone! I do feel like it's now or never - I've trained for it, I can do it, and I should do it. But I don't really know if I want to do it. It's so wierd to say that but it's true...maybe I'm still just afraid of failure and failing in public. :confused3

But I finished a 12 miler which I can say I'm proud of. Last night I was so sore and tired that I didn't feel much sense of happiness or accomplishment when I got done. Today I do. I hope to run 3 times while on vacation and get a little training in at least. I just hope I'm motivated enough to do it on vacation!

Woo hoo, you leave TOMORROW!!!

As for the jeans/sweatshirt, I always bring something just in case. In the summer you really don't need to worry about it though. Even at night when the sun goes down it is still pretty humid. Be prepared to experience 50 degree temperature changes though when you go from outside into the AC buildings! :rotfl: Some of the buildings have it on full blast. :eek:

Have an awesome time!

Woo hoo, you leave TOMORROW!!!

As for the jeans/sweatshirt, I always bring something just in case. In the summer you really don't need to worry about it though. Even at night when the sun goes down it is still pretty humid. Be prepared to experience 50 degree temperature changes though when you go from outside into the AC buildings! :rotfl: Some of the buildings have it on full blast. :eek:

Have an awesome time!

Hey Sarah! THANKS!!! We sure will have an awesome time!

So I decided to pack 1 pair of jeans for everyone and also bring 1 zippy sweatshirt which I packed in the carry-ons incase we're cold in the airport or whatever. So I'm bringing both - better safe than sorry. :thumbsup2

I usually hate AC - I'm the person who is always cold but I'm sure it'll feel good at first coming in from the outside heat! Then after 5 minutes I'll probably be frigid! :laughing: Oh well, what can you do?

Packing is going well, did online check-in for Southwest and got in Boarding group A. Almost done packing - kids and I are DONE and Dan will finish up after he gets home from work. He's leaving early, like 1:30pm - he's ready for his vacation to start too! :goodvibes

Well, here it is 8:30pm the night before we leave. The kids had baths and are cozied up in their beds, hopefully asleep by now. All the bags are packed and ready to be loaded up in the morning. After a very busy day today I'm relaxing with a small glass of wine and making my last post on this PTR before heading out bright and early tomorrow morning! :goodvibes We are getting up at 4:00am and plan to be on the road by 5:00am.

I really can't believe it is here, we are all so terribly excited and looking forward to the most amazing trip! Thanks to all of you who've offered advice, insight and encouragment along the way! I've enjoyed sharing our plans and getting to know you all a little better!

So, here we go!

:wizard: Let the Magic Begin! pixiedust:

Karen

I'm so excited for you Karen!! I caught up tonight and I just love that you included pictures of packing!! :goodvibes

I've been thinking about our breakfast for our drives and I realized that I think even McDonald's will be closed (unless we find a 24 hour one) when we hit the road. I think the one close to my Dad's is 24 hours though so DH can get his coffee fix on. :thumbsup2

Ahh the welcome sign!! I am really looking forward to seeing it too! :goodvibes Such precious things on your top 10 list!! I am looking forward to reading about your trip (I hope you will do a TR).

Have a wonderful time!!!

:dancer:
:dancer: :dancer:
:dancer: :dancer: :dancer:
:dancer: :dancer: :dancer: :dancer:
:dancer: :dancer: :dancer: :dancer: :dancer:

HAVE A MAGICAL TRIP KAREN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
:banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana:
:cheer2::cheer2::cheer2::cheer2::cheer2::cheer2::cheer2::mickeyjum:mickeyjum:mickeyjum:mickeyjum:mickeyjum:mickeyjum:mickeyjum

I can't WAIT to hear all about it!!!!

Woo hoo, boarding group A. :laughing: How'd you swing that?!

Have an AMAZING time and I am so excited to hear about your trip when you get home. :wizard::woohoo::goodvibes

I'm so excited for you Karen!! I caught up tonight and I just love that you included pictures of packing!!

I've been thinking about our breakfast for our drives and I realized that I think even McDonald's will be closed (unless we find a 24 hour one) when we hit the road. I think the one close to my Dad's is 24 hours though so DH can get his coffee fix on. :thumbsup2

Ahh the welcome sign!! I am really looking forward to seeing it too! :goodvibes Such precious things on your top 10 list!! I am looking forward to reading about your trip (I hope you will do a TR).

Have a wonderful time!!!

Have a great trip!!! Maybe we'll see you at Disney!

Amanda

HAVE A MAGICAL TRIP KAREN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I can't WAIT to hear all about it!!!!

Woo hoo, boarding group A. :laughing: How'd you swing that?!

Have an AMAZING time and I am so excited to hear about your trip when you get home. :wizard::woohoo::goodvibes

How exciting!!!

Have TONS of FUN!!! Here's some pixiedust: for some magical moments!

Cant wait to read all about it!

I hope your trip was amazing!! I hope you do a TR!! :goodvibes

THANK YOU ALL SO MUCH!!!!!

We are back! We got back at about 10:00pm last night - it was a long day of travel but it went well (except for the 15 seconds of sheer terror when I lost track of Mater in the Orlando airport :scared1:) We got home, got the kids in bed, unloaded the suitcases and I crashed.

We had the most amazing trip - everything went so well! We had SO much fun, it was hard to leave even though after 10 days we were ready to head back...it was a busy 10 days, even on our "off days". We all just loved it...it was completely wonderful! :goodvibes

We followed the trip plans pretty much according to plan - although some things changed here and there we ended up seeing most everything we hoped to...we missed a few things though. Weather was HOT and humid, we had some rain every day and a coupe days with no rain. The worst weather was on our AK day when it pretty much rained all day, but we still had fun and saw almost everything we wanted to.

I had hoped to do some updates while we were there but it didn't work out - we had trouble with the internet down there, as soon as we'd plug in the cable out laptop would crash! We spent about 2 hours trying to figure it out and on the phone with their IT people, but nothing worked, as soon as we'd unplug the cable the laptop worked completely fine. We tried for 2 days then gave up.

I do plan to start a TR soon! :) I took over 2,000 pictures, plus I need to go access my Photopass pix yet. I'm so excited to go through the pictures and see how they came out! I think I'll go do that right now!!!
:thumbsup2
Karen

THANK YOU ALL SO MUCH!!!!!

We are back! We got back at about 10:00pm last night - it was a long day of travel but it went well (except for the 15 seconds of sheer terror when I lost track of Mater in the Orlando airport :scared1:) We got home, got the kids in bed, unloaded the suitcases and I crashed.

We had the most amazing trip - everything went so well! We had SO much fun, it was hard to leave even though after 10 days we were ready to head back...it was a busy 10 days, even on our "off days". We all just loved it...it was completely wonderful! :goodvibes

We followed the trip plans pretty much according to plan - although some things changed here and there we ended up seeing most everything we hoped to...we missed a few things though. Weather was HOT and humid, we had some rain every day and a coupe days with no rain. The worst weather was on our AK day when it pretty much rained all day, but we still had fun and saw almost everything we wanted to.

I had hoped to do some updates while we were there but it didn't work out - we had trouble with the internet down there, as soon as we'd plug in the cable out laptop would crash! We spent about 2 hours trying to figure it out and on the phone with their IT people, but nothing worked, as soon as we'd unplug the cable the laptop worked completely fine. We tried for 2 days then gave up.

I do plan to start a TR soon! :) I took over 2,000 pictures, plus I need to go access my Photopass pix yet. I'm so excited to go through the pictures and see how they came out! I think I'll go do that right now!!!
:thumbsup2
Karen

Welcome Home Karen!

Glad to hear that ya'll had a great time!! So...when's the next trip??!!?? :laughing:

WOW!! :scared1: 2000 pics!!! I thought I took alot!!!

Cant wait to read your TR! and see pics!!

Welcome home...glad to hear you had a great time! :goodvibes Now do you understand what we all rave about here on the DIS? hehe It's funny because I posted something on my TR about how my friend and her husband got back (it was their second trip) and my friend said she thinks she was bitten by the Disney bug. Love it!

2000 pictures...oh my! Can't wait to see them!

That stinks about the rain on your AK day. Wouldn't it figure that would happen when you go to a park with hardly any indoor attractions. :rolleyes:

Anyways, can't wait for the TR!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter