You're going to love this one! (eBay)

Sorry if it was interpreted as bashing anybody. It was not meant that way. I was just shocked that someone would be offering codes that no longer worked. In your analogy, it would be like ordering a Disney movie and get a coporate training film. Basically just not what you pay for. People have the right to sell anything they want on ebay(even if it is free codes) but they should properly represent what they are selling.

Grumpy, that was not directed at you, or even this post in general, but what it turned into. At least one person said "sad that people pay for pixels" - and my interpretation is: You pay for internet service, you pay for pixels, you order cable TV, you pay for pixels, you go to a movie, you pay for pixels, how is this any different?

I asked the mods to close because, well, we have been over this a dozen times, half the people think that paying for VMK items should be punishable by death, the other half says whats the big deal?

Resident_Pixie said:
It is so tempting to sell on Ebay after looking at the prices some of these things are going for.

I figure I could pay for my annual pass every year just selling VMK cards on Ebay.:scratchin Just selling my quest pumpkins could net me over $100.00!

But so far I have been too chicken to attempt it.

Have you not read the vmk values?! The staff clearly stated that you can't use vmk for your next get rich quick plan. I'm sorry, but this is just too much.

Lion

This thread is starting to go downhill as most eBay threads do....if it is to remain open please no fighting or arguements.

You can state your thoughts and feelings in a respectful manner.

NO FIGHTING: Several Internet news groups are marred by the actions of a few selfish people who turn an otherwise positive forum into a soap box for their anger issues. Internet newsgroups are not moderated, and therefore, anything goes. These boards are moderated in an effort to keep the discussions appropriate to the topic at hand. Those who feel they can not abide by these rules are welcome to read the posts on the board, and respond via email to the person who posted the message. Messages that are argumentative or sarcastic in nature will be deleted without discussion.

Alionette said:
Have you not read the vmk values?! The staff clearly stated that you can't use vmk for your next get rich quick plan. I'm sorry, but this is just too much.

Lion

Yes, everyone knows that it is against VMK values, and everyone agrees on that fact. This is not in question. But it is perfectly legal.

Dictionary dancing is against VMK values too, yet, I have met only 1 person who did not dance.

ShortKeys and VMK Pal are against VMK values, how many people here have one of those and use it?

Muling is now against VMK values, and I would bet my last dollar that no less than 1/4 of the people here are still muling.

This is a subjective issue, the people who "break VMK values" are not evil, they are not breaking the law. However, anyoen who downloads music or movies or programs without paying for them, is breaking the law and can face serious jail time. Would you bash those people with the same ferocity you bash people who sell on ebay?

There is a reason selling happens on ebay: People want to buy the stuff. People stop buying, sellers stop selling. Simple really. But also, what is REALLY so bad about it? Yes, scammers, I know, that is the stock response, but go read some of the feedback these people have, they have alot of very very happy customers.

Alionette said:
Lion

False: Staff has not said so. The VMK values only prohibit selling your character (which, incidentally, only a couple of ebay sellers have done). Selling VMK cards and codes on line is not against VMK values,at least not yet. Sellers who got ripped off have reported the scams (including the famous hacked paypal scam involving a DISboard member whom I can only identify in PMs) to VMK and did not get banned.

Actually there is a line in there soemwhere which says not to sell items. But Codes do not have that line anywhere. The cards do have "not for resale or transfer on them (technically, it is against the rules to even TRADE card related items within the game), but seriously, how would they trade purchased cards? They do not, and can not, and even tacitly approve of it (I have heard of people who purchased cards did contact VMK and their issue was resolved satisfactorily.)

valeriesunshine said:
That IS sad.Ok people get this in your mind.. ITS A GAME. (wait you know what I mean : P)
Yeah, people pay a ton of money just for a virtual item. :sad2:

StitchfansJr said:
Yeah, people pay a ton of money just for a virtual item. :sad2:

Why is it sad? It is their money to spend as they wish. Ever go see a movie in the theater? How much does it cost? $10? for a virtual item? You can not take it home with you, you can not touch it, you can not watch it again, so, again, why is it sad/bad or whatever to buy a virtual item with which you can play with every single day if you so desire?

All I am asking here is that you put it in perspective - you, and I, and everyone else, pays for "virtual" items every single day. Every time you go to the movies, rent a video or buy an iTunes song, every time your cable and internet bill gets paid, every time you pay to do anything which you can not "hold it in your hand" you are paying for something "virtual" - concerts, movies, baseball games, plop a quarter into a video game. Heck, Dave and Busters has made a killing at selling "virtual" items - a night at D&B can run you a hundred bucks or more! So... when does everyone start saying that people who go to Dave and Busters are "sad" or that people who go to movies are "sad"? Perspective is a wonderful thing.

I dont think it is sad people buy Virtual items on EBay , i actually bought well over 500$ worth of stuff on ebay for a game called " Ultima Online " i play on the server Catskills usually i buy 1 million gold which 1 million = 1 dollar cash so i usually buy 50 -100 million a time

Also i bought a magic item for Ultima which costed over 70 dollars , just for 1 item obtainable for free , so buying virtual items isn't sad IMO unless in the rules it says you shouldn't , thne it is sad because people know you aren't allowed to by VMK , yet they do it anyways , i know the worst thing they cna do is ban you but still ..

mtlhddoc2 said:
Why is it sad? It is their money to spend as they wish. Ever go see a movie in the theater? How much does it cost? $10? for a virtual item? You can not take it home with you, you can not touch it, you can not watch it again, so, again, why is it sad/bad or whatever to buy a virtual item with which you can play with every single day if you so desire?

All I am asking here is that you put it in perspective - you, and I, and everyone else, pays for "virtual" items every single day. Every time you go to the movies, rent a video or buy an iTunes song, every time your cable and internet bill gets paid, every time you pay to do anything which you can not "hold it in your hand" you are paying for something "virtual" - concerts, movies, baseball games, plop a quarter into a video game. Heck, Dave and Busters has made a killing at selling "virtual" items - a night at D&B can run you a hundred bucks or more! So... when does everyone start saying that people who go to Dave and Busters are "sad" or that people who go to movies are "sad"? Perspective is a wonderful thing.
I agree with the internet. But this is for a virtual item for a virtual game. At least with the movies, you watch something.

StitchfansJr said:
I agree with the internet. But this is for a virtual item for a virtual game. At least with the movies, you watch something.

But you can only watch that movie once unless you pay again. Someone who pays a gazillion dollars for a Dancing Inferno Magic pin on ebay at least gets to watch those pixels over and over again. Ultimately, it boils down to whether or not a person thinks the pixels are worth the expense.

Personally, I'm not much into buying pixels but have bought some items for my son for a game he plays. The deal is, he does some chores to earn the money and then I use my PayPal account to buy the pixels. It's his money and he chooses to buy virtual items with it. I do tease him quite a bit before I pay though. :rotfl:

On the other hand, I have been known to spend gazillions of dollars on ones and zeroes! :rotfl2: Internet, cable, phone, electric bill... Note, I am well aware that pixels are ones and zeroes, I'm just attempting to be funny.

Maleficent2 said:
This thread is starting to go downhill as most eBay threads do....if it is to remain open please no fighting or arguements.

You can state your thoughts and feelings in a respectful manner.
Sorry I started this. I shoul have known better...

It's just that I don't have a problem with people bidding on or selling VMK items, but I thought that this one particular auction, specifically, was kind of crazy just because of the items involved. Seems almost like the seller is taking advantage of VMK newbies, because anyone who's spent a week in the game knows how easy it is to get those items (except for the fireworks magic).

Mnementh said:
Sorry I started this. I shoul have known better...
It's just that I don't have a problem with people bidding on or selling VMK items, but I thought that this one particular auction, specifically, was kind of crazy just because of the items involved. Seems almost like the seller is taking advantage of VMK newbies, because anyone who's spent a week in the game knows how easy it is to get those items (except for the fireworks magic).

I think I somewhat agree with this, but most of the time, karma gets 'em, because when people go on ebay to sell junk, they end up paying listing fees and then having nobody buy their auction. eBay tends to be a forum not so much for newbies, but more for people who, once addicted to the game, find themselves abolutely having to get some item or other. And those people usually know better than to spend ten bucks on codes for Kellogg's magic. On the other hand, just as I was about to type that this seller will probably get a donut, I see that his junky pins and free codes are up to $5.50! Gosh, 25 more auctions like that and he could buy a Stitch hat.

well, dark, he IS selling a fireworks pin in there. thats worth about 5 bucks

wow really , i thought fireworks was worth only 1.37$ :happytv:

:cool1: :rotfl2: :crazy:

and to think I give away Fireworks magic pins for free.
I could have made....um...what's 5 x $1.37?

that's like 6 junior bacon cheeseburgers at Wendy's! :rotfl:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter