you're all going to think i'm crazy...

caryndisneydiva

DIS Veteran
to wear pantyhose or not? i NEVER wear them,but i don't know what to do under my hoop skirt...i have a pair of open toed shoes that i'll be wearing for my reception...HELLLPPP!

it all depends on if your comfortable in them...I know I hate them so I don't think I will wear them at mine! remember if it is hot its going to be sticky with them on.

I didn't wear them. I hate wearing them, and it was hot enough in FL in June without having them on too! I think it all depends on what you are comfortable with.

I didn't wear them. I hate wearing them, and it was hot enough in FL in June without having them on too! I think it all depends on what you are comfortable with.

ok good, at least i'm not the only one, my mother was making me think i was nuts...

I'm definitely not wearing pantyhose. Like you, I'm wearing open-toed shoes, so I don't think it would look right. Plus, I HATE them with a passion and avoid wearing them at all costs. In fact, I think the last time I wore them was prom. :rotfl:

I wore sheer white thigh-his from Victoria's secret. They were very comfy. I didn't have open-toed shoes, though. I had the clear cinderella pumps (UNCOMFORTABLE) so you could see the hose, but they helped my feet not stick in those vinyl shoes. If you want to wear hose, you can wear the ones made for open-toed shoes...

I'm not normally on this forum, but I saw the title at the bottom of the page on another thread, and thought I'd pop in. :)

I married in August, outdoors (not Disney). It was nearly 100 degrees (not expected, it was in western Oregon!). I was SO glad I didn't wear pantyhose. I was going to wear white silk stockings, but my source kept sending me nylon thigh highs (stockings are looser at the thigh b/c they are held up with a garter belt, and I really wanted actual silk) so I decided to forget it.

I also had open toed shoes, which was another reason for no stockings/nylon/pantyhose.

Now, if wore a more form fitting gown, I might have considered spanx, but I had a serious corset to reign in the upper body and the bottom half was swathed in poofy skirt and didn't need the help. :upsidedow

You're not alone in not wearing pantyhose. BUT 2 months from now it might be colder (though in FL, maybe not), so you *might* want the option of something covering your legs and maybe toes. Easier to have it and not need/want it, vs want it and not have it!

No, you are not crazy. A lot of brides ask the same question, to wear pantyhose or not. If you wear open toe shoes pantyhose do not look good
Spanx and footless hose are a good option if you want extra support.
Just another piece of advice I give brides: The day of your wedding is not the day to try new things. Examples: Hair color, thongs and high heels. Stick to what you are used to and what make you comfortable. It's bad enough having to wear a petticoat :laughing:

We got married in late May and everyone thought I was crazy to wear them but it helped keep me from sweating (the hoop skirt was sooooooo hot!) I did have open toed shoes (and then white sequined flip flops for the reception), which I would never do at home, but with the dress and nude stockings, no one could tell I was wearing them and to me it was a great relief.

And I only decided on this at my fitting a week before the wedding

I never wear hose but I feel the need for the extra support and would rather not feel my thighs rub together as I begin to sweat under all those layers so I'm going with the Spanx Marry Me footless tights...I love them!!!

http://www.spanx.com/pls/enetrixp/!...omplex_id_in=477024.479039.481290.680876.page

Okay... I've been seriously considering Spanx...for the smoothing qualities and I don't want my thighs rubbing together. But, how do you go to the bathroom?? My dress is fitted through/past my thighs. It's a trumpet style. As it is, it's going to be difficult to go to the bathroom. And does the marry me style come up high enough to smooth out my waist and stomach? If I go with a higher spanx... then i'm really in a pickle, b/c I'm never going to be able to get it back up under my dress after going to the bathroom.

Sorry Caryn for hijacking your thread! But the whole pantyhose thing has been a looming issue for me! :hourglass

Okay... I've been seriously considering Spanx...for the smoothing qualities and I don't want my thighs rubbing together. But, how do you go to the bathroom?? My dress is fitted through/past my thighs. It's a trumpet style. As it is, it's going to be difficult to go to the bathroom. And does the marry me style come up high enough to smooth out my waist and stomach? If I go with a higher spanx... then i'm really in a pickle, b/c I'm never going to be able to get it back up under my dress after going to the bathroom.

Sorry Caryn for hijacking your thread! But the whole pantyhose thing has been a looming issue for me! :hourglass

Caryn- you're not crazy. You couldnt pay me to wear pantyhose. I will be wearing Spanx high power panties that are mid thigh length which brings me to the question above. The pair I got goes up to the bra line and down to my thighs. It has an opening to use when you need to go to the bathroom. My dress is also fitted so I know exactly where you're coming from. I think I'll be ok though b/c of the opening....I'll just need someone to keep the dress up! Hahaha. I'm sure this is too much info to share. Sorry girls!

you're not hijacking at all! we need a place to dicuss undergarments!!!~~:rotfl2:

Right!! This is important information! I've been on the spanx website numerous times and none of them mention the "opening"! But I have heard others mention it. Does this opening seem adequate for using the restroom, like you're not going to make a bigger mess?? :eek:

Has anyone acutally used the spanx?? Not just planning on it??? How did it work out for you? Can we have a somewhat 'personal' report????? TIA!!

Right!! This is important information! I've been on the spanx website numerous times and none of them mention the "opening"! But I have heard others mention it. Does this opening seem adequate for using the restroom, like you're not going to make a bigger mess?? :eek:

Has anyone acutally used the spanx?? Not just planning on it??? How did it work out for you? Can we have a somewhat 'personal' report????? TIA!!

Hahaha the personal report is a good idea. I'd really like to know if it actually works before I try it with my gown on ;)

The Marry Me does not have the open gusset, in fact it has a cotton crotch as to double as underwear. It does not go to the bra line but it does rise high enough to avoid any tummy buldge...just above mid waist. I think it's perfect and shouldn't be anymore difficult to use the restroom than regular hose (which is still a pain, lol). Now...here's the part I can't believe I'm going to admit...I have used the open gusset spanx as well...and no...the opening is not large enough. It's horrible. There is actually a piece of cloth that you have to hold open as you urinate and well...let's just say I made a mess in the process leading me to remove the ruined garment....eek! *Major Blush*...I would not recommend trying this on your wedding day!

I didn't wear them. I had open toe shoes. Also it was soooo hot, with the crinoline, the dress, the corset, makeup and hair I was sweating!

No i do not think so ... almost 75% of girls i know didn't wear pantyhose and the garter looked great.

Honestly I din't slip my garter on until right before the reception!

We're getting married in August and there is NO way I'm wearing pantyhose. I can just imagine the awfully sticky feeling I'd have, and I hate that thought :(

However, does it then look rather peculiar to have a wedding garter on?

i was wondering same thing, wedding in february. how you add countdown on bottom, new to this but loving it!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter