Your whine of the day...

We just learned that even though 12/22 is a half-day of school, admin has scheduled a training for faculty/staff to attend until 3pm. Gee, thanks, merry christmas. It's already a short vacation (school resumes on 1/2), just made shorter courtesy of a new superintendent. (I know this shouldn't matter to me as I am resigning on 12/29, but I STILL have to stay on the 22nd and my new position starts on 1/2, so it's the same thing...)

Yesterday I told my students I was leaving and wouldn't be back after Christmas. I teach in special ed in a one-on-one or small group setting, and tend to have the same students year after year, so we have grown pretty close. It warmed my heart to see how much they love me and don't want me to leave, and broke it at the same time. Also learned that the new admin (See above) has decided I don't need to be replaced so somehow my co-workers are going to have to cover my kids as well as their own. We are already short-staffed and this makes it even worse. Now my kids will be short-changed on their education and my co-teachers will be overworked and stressed. Needless to say, I'm feeling pretty guilty.

DH came home from the taproom last night (Thirsty Thursday) to let me know that he's invited "a few" friends over for dinner on Sunday. Can I make lasagne? (Answer: No, he can make lasagne. I'll get the ingredients, but he can make the casserole.) I know I'll have a good time, but now I need to fit a full house-cleaning into the already busy weekend schedule.

OK, feeling better now!

I'm a mom & teacher, & most districts (including my son's) in my area are having no school or late start for icy roads. My district is having normal hours.:sad:
Same here! Work for a school & most surrounding areas have no school & beautiful snow. It rarely snows here so it’s a big deal. BUT, 20 miles south, where I am, it’s 36 & storming & NO SNOW & we have school :(

Same here! Work for a school & most surrounding areas have no school & beautiful snow. It rarely snows here so it’s a big deal. BUT, 20 miles south, where I am, it’s 36 & storming & NO SNOW & we have school :(

Add me to the whine with Shanti and LSUmiss.

Deep South Mississippi...we've had cold rain since Tuesday night. There was a chance of snow here early this morning. Nope. 37 degrees and rain. I gave DD16 the option of not going to school-just in case it "might" snow a little today. She said no the days when no one else shows up for school are the most fun. So I took her to the school in cold, wet, rainy conditions. Still raining.

There's snow an hour north of us-beautiful. DS sent us a picture of himself and his wife in it on their college campus. Snow on the ground and snow still falling around them. Will be a beautiful Christmas card. She is getting her Master's diploma today-what a great memory for her!

Snow through much of the middle of the state-will delay ds #2 in coming home from college until possibly Sunday for Xmas break.

Meanwhile, I get to go get my annual mammogram in a little while. Blech!

Expected freezing conditions over night and dd takes the ACT first thing in the morning-hope there is not black ice.

Our last 'good' snowfall was 1996. About a half to an inch LOL! So jealous of those who are getting some snow.

I actually will have to work 2 days a week next year, I was hoping to totally retire darn it.

It's cold and rainy here in Georgia and my dog got wet going out to the mailbox and now she wants to lay on me.

I woke up with what I think my be a kidney infection. I have a bladder condition, as such I have a standing order at the lab, so I submitted a sample on my way to work. I am waiting for the Doctor's office to open so I can let him know. Hopefully he will call in a prescription to my pharmacy on file and I can start meds without having to wait over the weekend.

One of my dearest friends was attacked last night at her home out in the country. She called me at like 3am. I was asleep. I wish I had been up and could have gone out to help her with the police report and to stay the night. I haven't heard from her yet...

Our credit card number was stolen. Someone charged over $500 at a hotel booking site, and made a $600 donation to some random cause on another site. The charges are being reversed, of course, but it's an annoying pain in the you-know-what! I can't do any online Christmas shopping until we get our new cards in the mail. Then I'll have to contact every company that bills our card each month (cell phone bill, pest control, etc.) and give them the new card number. It's not a huge deal, but it just ticks me off that people can be such idiots! Get a job. Earn your own money. Buy whatever you want. Whiny rant over!

It's my birthday and I am spending it waiting on repair guys to come fix my heat (warranty issue) and then trekking to the car dealer becuawe we got a flat last night and it turns out two of the winter tires they put on are defective.
Yesw, I would like some cheese with my whine. Thank you
Well Happy Birthday! Sorry about the other issues :(

Happy Birthday NHdisneylover :bday:

My whine for the day is I have a nagging dry cough which I'm really hoping doesn't turn into anything else. :worship:

Parents at school band/chorus concerts: SHUT UP!
We are here to listen to the music. Not you flap your lips. SHUT UP!
And shut your kids up, too.

And turn off your flash.

AMEN!

I went to a holiday performance once (back in the late 70's), where they announced: "And remember folks, crying children, like New Year's resolutions, should be carried OUT!"

My current whine is that I twisted my knee yesterday, and had to put my brace on it this morning. There's no way I'm going to get my 10,000 steps in and I'm feeling grouchy about it. It's a minor thing, but bleah.

P.S. and Happy Birthday, Hadley!

Between work schedules and DH's 91 year old mother being in the hospital and now rehab, DH and I have done little Christmas shopping together. We were planning to go tomorrow and now it is supposed to snow.

That winter temps have started to set it. It's December I'm just not ready for it quite yet though I've been over having dry skin for weeks now..serious dry skin ugh I hate it every year. At the very least the sun is out. We've had some pretty dreary days which after a while you just want to see some sun.

This is the 10-day forecast which will change:
upload_2017-12-8_13-42-18.png
BUT it's not the temps that are the issue. It's the 'feels like' temps that are. For instance the high shows 38 tomorrow but the feels like at that temp at the time of day that it will be that temp is 32 degrees. 8am tomorrow is supposed to be 27 degrees but feel like 17 ugh. Today it was even colder though at 8am. I don't remember what the actual temp was but the 'feels like' was 8 degrees.

The original forecast for today said flurries but alas that is not the case anymore. I'm not sure if I'm ready for snow just yet. Appearantly this year we may actually get our normal average snowfall of over 18 inches...last year it was like 3 inches total

Its very cold today in Texas(though on another thread I did say I wanted a little bit of winter :) We had SNOW!) and I have to travel 5 hrs tonight in a car with a heater that may or may not decide to work on any given day!

One of my dearest friends was attacked last night at her home out in the country. She called me at like 3am. I was asleep. I wish I had been up and could have gone out to help her with the police report and to stay the night. I haven't heard from her yet...
I agree with @Kitty 34 totally not a whine. How awful for this to have happened! Hopefully she's alright :grouphug:

How absolutely terrible. I wouldn't call that a whine at all!! :hug:

The hand wringing I'm doing waiting to hear from her makes it a whine for sure. I just want her to get back with me to know if I should spend the night or if she would like to come over. I don't want to bother her either...so I'm impatiently waiting, waiting, and waiting. She got full body slammed to the ground, but is only badly bruised. (That's bad enough, but it could have been SO much worse!) She set off her home alarm via her key fob. She lives out in the country so I'm not sure if he ran off or what. He wasn't caught.

The heat has not worked in my office all week (just as it became winter in these parts). It was 61 in my office when I came in this morning.

I'm setting the over-under on the date they fix it at February 15. Place your bets, everyone.

In the meantime I have this safety-compliant space heater they gave me where I practically have to be touching it to get any benefit from it.

Merry Christmas, everybody! :D

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter