Your whine of the day...

I liked your post but I want to make sure you know I didn't " like" your situation but I understand.:grouphug: My dad is still alive and I am hoping he will know who we are and that it's Christmas. So he doesn't seem like my dad anymore. My IL's " oh it's great you get to spend time with your family too" but really, it's not. There's nothing great about it. " oh, your dad will be so happy to see you!" Really? Prob not. My DH is a saint and understands. But there isn't anything we can do to change the situation. Do you have something, anything, really positive to focus on? That's what I'm trying to do.

I do have positive things to focus on - that is what is getting me through :-)

I was busy last year taking care of my dads estate and a crazy sister so when Christmas came last year I could finally breathe after months of dealing with everything there is to deal with. The only thing I didn't get to deal with was the loss of my dad. I was too busy that I never got to miss him or grieve him. That is hitting me now. I understand my MIL has lost people. At 83 it would be a miracle if she hadn't but I just feel like its a little dig at me to just cope and get over it. I hope I am wrong as she isn't normally a mean person. Maybe I am hypersensitive this year...

I hope you have wonderful things to look forward to this holiday season and I am really sorry about your dad. That is heartbreaking and I totally understand how you feel. Prayers for you and for your dad (hugs)

We may be losing one of our cats soon :sad1: Monster is 17 and we found out on Wednesday that very suddenly, her kidneys are failing. She is also severely anemic, she's gone hyperthyroid again (she's been on thyroid meds for a few years, but recently has refused to take her pill), and within a matter of days she lost a lot of weight, bringing her down to 4.8 lbs. Today is day 2 of 3 at the vets' office for IV fluids - basically "kitty dialysis." She comes home at night, wearing a cone of shame that makes her bump into everything, and a bandage around her leg to keep her from chewing her IV port. We probably will also have to give her fluids by needle 2x per week for the rest of her life. She's still pretty feisty - they reported yesterday that she was hissing and spitting, which they like to see because they feel it means she's still got a fighting spirit - she runs and jumps, her heart is strong, eyes clear, etc. We feel like we have to give her a chance, but we also wonder if we're doing the right thing. This is the lousy part of having pets. You always know that this day is going to come, but it's a punch in the gut when it does.

To top it off, I'm stressed and overtired, and my 2-year-old is also overtired but won't take a nap. He never naps anymore. Unfortunately, I really need him to take a nap right now especially because I need a break.

Still getting over being sick. Kids are just loud and dog is even louder. DH's company is driving him nuts, so he is driving me nuts venting about it. I don't get to see my family because of sickness. I haven't wrapped any gifts, and I am afraid the gifts aren't even. I just want to curl up and cry.

My whine of the day is this - I miss my parents. They are both gone now and I wish they were here. I am sad that my il's are here and my parents are not. I know that sounds mean but its really how i feel. My parents were parents. They took care of us and were always just there. My il's are not those people. In fact, my dh takes care of them and its frustrating. My dh is the only child in his family that takes care of them when he has 3 other siblings, older siblings with less on their plate than my dh does. It irritates me beyond measure. My MIL knows that I miss my parents and she keeps posting things on FB about how we have all lost people we love blah blah blah...... I don't want to hear it. My mom passed at 69 (13 years ago) and my dad last year at 86. Here my il's are 83 and still going strong. I know I am rambling now and I am sorry but this just makes me angry. I don't want to be this person but I am :-(

I know this is just a whine but please don't begrudge the lives of your in laws. I lost my mother when I was young and as much as it hurts to not have her I can't imagine holding a bitterness that my husband still has his. She's no peach but she's the only mother he has and her life matters, whether or not you like her.

It's better for your heart and head to be grateful that you had your mother as long as you did.

Oh goodness!! I think after your husband gets back from his trip, you guys need some quiet celebrating. A nice dinner out. Or a night away in a hotel. You guys have had a lot of unexpected stress all at once.
LOL - wouldn't that be nice :cloud9:! DH gets home on the 29th but I'm back to work on the 28th, so... We'll be OK though, we always are. Thanks though for your kind thoughts, and I really meant it when I said the pants thing sucks (have had it happen too).

I do have positive things to focus on - that is what is getting me through :-)

I was busy last year taking care of my dads estate and a crazy sister so when Christmas came last year I could finally breathe after months of dealing with everything there is to deal with. The only thing I didn't get to deal with was the loss of my dad. I was too busy that I never got to miss him or grieve him. That is hitting me now. I understand my MIL has lost people. At 83 it would be a miracle if she hadn't but I just feel like its a little dig at me to just cope and get over it. I hope I am wrong as she isn't normally a mean person. Maybe I am hypersensitive this year...

I hope you have wonderful things to look forward to this holiday season and I am really sorry about your dad. That is heartbreaking and I totally understand how you feel. Prayers for you and for your dad (hugs)
And one of the huge positives I see in what you've explained is what an incredibly GOOD MAN your husband is. I'm sure his guts and heart have a very positive effect on lots of other situations in your life. Tough as it is, (and I understand because we walked a similar path), you won't ever regret that your DH has stepped up when all his deadbeat siblings stepped back. Grace and peace to you both and a very Merry Christmas. :flower3:

LOL - wouldn't that be nice :cloud9:! DH gets home on the 29th but I'm back to work on the 28th, so... We'll be OK though, we always are. Thanks though for your kind thoughts, and I really meant it when I said the pants thing sucks (have had it happen too).

And one of the huge positives I see in what you've explained is what an incredibly GOOD MAN your husband is. I'm sure his guts and heart have a very positive effect on lots of other situations in your life. Tough as it is, (and I understand because we walked a similar path), you won't ever regret that your DH has stepped up when all his deadbeat siblings stepped back. Grace and peace to you both and a very Merry Christmas. :flower3:

You are right! My husband is a good man who takes care of his family. He works hard for us and then he takes great care of his parents too. I am lucky. Sometimes you just need perspective so thank you for pointing that out for me. I needed it!

Merry Christmas to you and yours and Happy New Year!

Ordered 2 gift certificates for a cruise line for my sister and her husband to use before they set sale in a few months to use for an excursion or whatever.

Ordered it on Monday, Dec. 18. Says 48 hours to process. No confirmation e-mail that it was processed but they charged my credit card.

I had to "make" a gift certificate using Paint and Adobe and have them open it on Christmas. Made several phone calls and e-mails and all I got is that department doesn't have a direct number and all we can do is e-mail. We can't give you a time frame but maybe next week.

I didn't know I was asking for cold fusion calculations.

Perfect timing for this thread!

Got an email from Target saying 20% off clearance items with your red card. Awesome, I want a prelit Christmas tree for next year.

Go to the website and filter by items that can be shipped because our closet Target is 40 minutes away. Tons of trees come up, yay for me. Except every. single. one. I click on is unavailable in store and out of stock online! Why are they still on the website then?!! So annoying!

My washing machine went kaput in the middle of a load last night. I do not want to spend money on a new one.

I had a lengthy conversation with a truck broker yesterday about a plan for today and I had to call him about an hour and a half ago to find out that none of it was happening and we may as well not even have had the 10 minute conversation yesterday.

My washing machine went kaput in the middle of a load last night. I do not want to spend money on a new one.

I feel your pain. Our washing machine quit mid wash over the summer; the day before all the summer camp laundry came home. Today our refrigerator started emitting a burning odor. My husband cleaned the compressor coils. Crossing fingers that's the easy fix.

Last edited:
I feel your pain. Our washing machine quit mid wash over the summer; the day before all the summer camp laundry came home. Today are refrigerator started emitting a burning odor. My husband cleaned the compressor coils. Crossing fingers that's the easy fix.
I feel that too. My refrigerator needs to be replaced and I've been looking around and saving up. Now the refrigerator money will be going for a new washer.

I have to go to work tomorrow after being off since December 15. I work Friday also and am off after that til next Tuesday. Why couldn’t they give me these 2 days off too? Pitiful, I know.

My divorce was final yesterday. My ex-mother in law did not send my daughter a birthday card (in October) nor did she send a Christmas card. I’m not asking for anything extravagant. Just some kind of recognition that she is still the child’s grandmother. My daughter is only eleven yrs old.

That bugs me, in addition to the fact that she had to guilt my ex into seeing her at all on Christmas Eve. He had originally promised her that would be their day together, then changed his mind and told me he wasn’t going to see her.

May I have a second petty whine? I don't feel right sharing it with anyone else.

My sister-in-law posted on Facebook that she just received a $4,000 Tiffany ring (yes, I'm petty enough to have looked it up) from her husband, who has been unemployed for well over a year. She just started on disability and has a slew of health problems (awaiting a lung transplant).

I know I should be happy for her, I know! She's been through so much! But the little green envy monster is rearing its ugly head, particularly since they have so little money coming in. I'm the primary wage earner for our family (DH is retired, but I do really well) and we're cash flowing college for DD. I know all DH's done is bought a book for me for Christmas from my Amazon list -- he hasn't thought of jewelry as a gift for me for about 15 years. Sigh.

Yeah, I'm being petty. Thanks for letting me vent.

I would feel the same. And would have looked up the cost too. I get jealous of my brother in law and his wife. Wonder how they can do what they do knowing they don’t make much more then us. It’s frustrating.

Windshield Wiper Woes!

Last May one was on a recall but, was not broken. Today the other one broke and, it was/is not on a recall... sigh.

Last edited:
Ordered 2 gift certificates for a cruise line for my sister and her husband to use before they set sale in a few months to use for an excursion or whatever.

Ordered it on Monday, Dec. 18. Says 48 hours to process. No confirmation e-mail that it was processed but they charged my credit card.

I had to "make" a gift certificate using Paint and Adobe and have them open it on Christmas. Made several phone calls and e-mails and all I got is that department doesn't have a direct number and all we can do is e-mail. We can't give you a time frame but maybe next week.

I didn't know I was asking for cold fusion calculations.
As a follow up, after calling them again yesterday, my sister got the 2 gift cards.

I wish they would contact me because I want to rip into them one more time....but at least I got what I paid for.

My divorce was final yesterday. My ex-mother in law did not send my daughter a birthday card (in October) nor did she send a Christmas card. I’m not asking for anything extravagant. Just some kind of recognition that she is still the child’s grandmother. My daughter is only eleven yrs old.

That bugs me, in addition to the fact that she had to guilt my ex into seeing her at all on Christmas Eve. He had originally promised her that would be their day together, then changed his mind and told me he wasn’t going to see her.

It is sad enough that your ex MIL is ignoring her grandchild, but also her father. Terrible.

I know I live up north and in Canada but I'm cold very cold .....didn't help our furnace wasn't working this morning when we got up this morning...brrr. -28 C without the windchill is crazy weather. We just got a new furnace installed 3 weeks ago too!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter