Your Happy Place at Disneyland?

Anywhere in New Orleans Square where my DF and I are sitting down and sipping on mint juleps. :cutie:

On Main Street as you are walking up the right side of the street on of the fronts has a little bench on the porch.
The last time my Mom was able to go to Dl, May 1986, she sat there and people would walk by her and she would wave and say hello and later she was told by a cm that someone thought that she had been positioned there by Dl. She passed in Aug 1986. That bench is still there and I always pass it and have a thought for my Mom.

You brought a tear to my eyes when I read this! :sad1: That was MY Mom's favorite spot too! The next time I pass it by, I promise to think of BOTH of our Mom's and how they loved to sit there and people watch! :littleangel: :littleangel:

And Merrydeath, your favorite spot is MINE, too! ;)Flying over London, I smile like a goofy kid every time. :laughing: And when I REALLY flew over London, I thought of the ride! :thumbsup2 (And smiled like a goofy kid then too!) :banana::banana:

Mine would have to be Snow White's Grotto. Dds love it there and watching them play and thoroughly adore it so I just sit back and enjoy the down time.

POTC first thing on a Sunday. My DGF and I had a boat to ourselves with no occupied boats around us.......so quiet.

Jack

The first part of POTC, where you are just floating down the river at night with the banjo playing. And I love the smell. :goodvibes

Last trip, some guy in the boat with us chattered on the entired time through that part about how quiet and peaceful it was there and how he would like to live in that cabin and just live the simple life on the river with nothing to do... You get my point? It wasn't very peaceful that trip! :rotfl:

I agree with the beginning of POTC.
My others would include main street, Billy Hill, and inside the boats of Splash.

I also have two favorite spots that always make me feel the magic, the 1st is heading down main st usa looking in the windows of the emploruim at the tiny model disney movie dioramas, and the second is walking into first entering into the loading area of space mountain and seeing the giant ships thrusters, i just love those moments.

On Main Street as you are walking up the right side of the street on of the fronts has a little bench on the porch.
The last time my Mom was able to go to Dl, May 1986, she sat there and people would walk by her and she would wave and say hello and later she was told by a cm that someone thought that she had been positioned there by Dl. She passed in Aug 1986. That bench is still there and I always pass it and have a thought for my Mom.

Arizona Rita.....Thank you for sharing that wonderful and touching thought. Main Street is my favorite place in the park and the porch you mention is also my favorite place to sit on Main Street. Knowing this about your mom will add yet another reason for me to want to sit there. :goodvibes

Originally Posted by Arizona Rita

When I am there I will think of your Mom. You know shes prob still there waving to everyone & I will wave back & say hi =). I am sentimental that way. Thats a great story.

A few years ago while @ DL w/ entire family we saw a little girl crying & her mother seemed "irratated" she was crying & the mom was asking her, "why are you crying your at the happiest place on earth?". Now that is funny! We can never forget that & everytime were there we say those words! The girls was about 5-6 & just sobbing. Sounds mean but the senario was hilarious! :rotfl:

My happy places include:

- Main Street, first thing in the morning. So magical!
- Post-splashdown Splash
- The Rivers of America, right near POTC. Last year, we happened to be near there while DD was eating popcorn, and she dropped some and the ducks went crazy :rotfl2: A CM came over and was telling us stories of the wildlife in the park - the cats, the fish, all the birds, etc. DD got so excited she spent the whole next day looking for animals, and she insisted that we get her another popcorn first thing in the morning, and she saved it ALL day so she could feed it to the ducks that night :lovestruc:lovestruc That's some serious dedication for a 4 year old! :rotfl:

Walking down main street in the morning I get this feeling that I can't describe! Just thinking about it gives me butterflies :yay:

I second that emotion. It is my happy - comfort place!

my happy place is now gone.. it was Yamabuki... i loved that place and we went every single trip. so i have to find my new place in Sept :banana:

The first part of POTC, where you are just floating down the river at night with the banjo playing.
Ditto. :thumbsup2 POTC was the very first ride we went on during my first trip to DL in 1993. Excellent theming & atmosphere, and it will always be remembered as one of my first DL memories.

For my wife, it's walking up and down Main Street. For me, it's enjoying a Churro with my kids and soaking up the atmosphere wherever I am.

On the balcony in our room at the GCH during my honeymoon with my wife.
n29906113_32203876_9514.jpg

The first place that came to my mind was the spot my husband proposed to me. Right in front of the castle pretty much in the center of the star. :bride:

392250129403_0_ALB.jpg

The other place is POTC. We have this tradition of fast passing Indy and hopping on Pirates as soon as we get into the park. I look forward to it before each trip. :goodvibes

The first part of POTC, where you are just floating down the river at night with the banjo playing. And I love the smell. :goodvibes

Last trip, some guy in the boat with us chattered on the entired time through that part about how quiet and peaceful it was there and how he would like to live in that cabin and just live the simple life on the river with nothing to do... You get my point? It wasn't very peaceful that trip! :rotfl:

*****I also love this part and the smell is one of my FAVORTIE SMELLS in thw world******

"Dead men tell no tales"

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter