Your Happy Place at Disneyland?

DoleWhip81

Pirates Life For Me
Ok, so if you are anything like I am there are just a couple of spots in Disneyland that hold a special place in your heart. I have two of these places, I like to call them my Disneyland happy places. My first happy place is watching the Tiki Room show while enjoying a delicious DoleWhip. My second happy place is camping out that perfect spot for the firework show. Although we might have to wait in one spot for two hours, it's just somehow special to me and my wife. Please share with us what your "happy place" is in Disneyland. pirate:

Hanging out in the Golden Horseshoe with my hubby, having a snack, playing cards, and waiting for the next Billys show in the air conditioning.

I have a few too, but my favorite I guess would be simply, sitting on a bench on Main Street (usually with some tasty treat), with a view of the castle, and soaking in the atmosphere :lovestruc I'm not good with roller coasters anymore, so while my hubby is taking the kids on Space Mountain, Matterhorn, etc., this is my time to partake in my favorite Disney activity :) Definitely my "Happy Place" :love:

On Main Street as you are walking up the right side of the street on of the fronts has a little bench on the porch.
The last time my Mom was able to go to Dl, May 1986, she sat there and people would walk by her and she would wave and say hello and later she was told by a cm that someone thought that she had been positioned there by Dl. She passed in Aug 1986. That bench is still there and I always pass it and have a thought for my Mom.
My other place is over by BTMRR just opposite of it is the old cave where Rainbow Caverns used to be. Just brings back happy thoughts!

What at DLR isn't my Happy Place? It's so hard to pick anything particular, but some noteable mentions have to go to just walking down Main St. when you first get there. I get all giddy inside, the same thing goes for going through the turstiles and hearing the magical wand. Then there's Snow White's Grotto which is one of my favorite places to just take a break. I love it there.

My happy place is definitely the Dream Suite above Pirates. It was a once in a lifetime experience and even though we will probably never stay there again, just walking by there brings back incredible memories.

In the parks, riding in the Lillybelle caridge, outside of the park eating at the chefs table at Napa Rose.

Walking down main street in the morning I get this feeling that I can't describe! Just thinking about it gives me butterflies :yay:

The first part of POTC, where you are just floating down the river at night with the banjo playing. And I love the smell. :goodvibes

Last trip, some guy in the boat with us chattered on the entired time through that part about how quiet and peaceful it was there and how he would like to live in that cabin and just live the simple life on the river with nothing to do... You get my point? It wasn't very peaceful that trip! :rotfl:

My happy place is definitely the Dream Suite above Pirates. It was a once in a lifetime experience and even though we will probably never stay there again, just walking by there brings back incredible memories.

DITTO DITTO.

It's our happy place.

Second in line is Peter Pan ride where we won.

And ALWAYS have been in love with NOS. I love eating there and sitting out and people watching.

And I'm gonna say that the first part of Pirates is another one too.

My happy places- in no particular order:

Blue Bayou
POTC
Peter Pan
Walking under the Bridge entering Main Street
Fireworks
Sitting on a bench and people watching- DH and I like to play a game we call "2 HOT 3 NOT" were we find people in the crowd we think are Hot and Not so hot....catch is we both have to agree on whether the person fits the description or not- can be rather amusing.....childish yes.....but amusing!!:woohoo:

:lovestruc
Well my number one Happy Place is where the Golden Spike is right in front of the Castle at night. It is where Dfi got on one knee and asked me to marry him.
The second Happy place is in the Castle bridge part where you can hear Jiminy Cricket singing" when you wish upon a star" , we usually stop there and slowdance at night. So romantic.
:lovestruc
And my third is actually sitting at an outside table at CO with my dfi eating a great meal, and just watching the lights come on at dusk. It is so nice to watch the lights come on the Mark Twain River Boat.
You can really fall in love at Disneyland. Its so magical:wizard:

If I had to choose just one, it's a purple tea cup. It was the first thing my daughter wanted to do on her first visit and it's a tradition nowadays.

Sitting on a bench and people watching- DH and I like to play a game we call "2 HOT 3 NOT" were we find people in the crowd we think are Hot and Not so hot....catch is we both have to agree on whether the person fits the description or not- can be rather amusing.....childish yes.....but amusing!!:woohoo:

Uh-oh...now I will be paranoid if I ever see a couple on a bench checking me out...I will always wonder if I am a part of the 2 HOT 3 NOT game. :rotfl::laughing:

To answer the question, I think I would say my happy places are:

Fantasyland, especially hearing the Teacups music and POTC.

Our family's favourite ride is Splash Mountain and DH's very favourite spot in all of DL is the "top" of SplashMountain - where you cruise past Brer Rabbit/
Fox and Bear's homes and you get a view out over the park - it's nice and quiet, the "How do you do?" song is playing and you have the anticipation of the downhills coming up!

I love the little archway by the side of the gateway under the castle, which leads you past the wishing well to Snow White's grotto- especially on our MM when is was deserted and quiet except for her singing - just magic!

My daughter reminds me that any place Disney is a happy place. We just booked our first trip to the "other" Disney today. We may have over a year to go before the trip but we are so excited.

My happy place is the wishing well next to the castle. DD and I have a tradition of going there each trip and making a wish. DBF and his kids have now adopted that tradition as well.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter