Your Disney Wedding Cake!! Photos!!

mmm yes it does, i think ALL cakes look delish!! hehe!!

so could i pop into the boardwalk bakery and see some of these cakes? Do they have any on show?

Do they sell any flavours of the cakes in the shop (if it is a shop!?)...

mm21378-18-08.jpg

That was our cake! Coral and Shells (Light Decoration) with the White Chocolate Castle Topper.
Top layer was Chocolate cake with Peanut Butter Cup filling
Middle layer was Almond cake with Amaretto filling
Bottom layer was Yellow cake with Buttercream filling.

Unfortunately, when they cut/plated/served the cake, they didn't serve the middle layer at all, only the bottom. There was enough cake from the bottom for everyone since a number of people didn't eat, but we were upset that no one got a choice. We ended up with BOTH middle and top layers boxed in our room. We still had 4 full days and not enough fridge space, so my parents took the entire middle layer to dinner with family in their villa that night (still, lots left over.) We brought the top layer home (electric cooler in the car) and it survived the trip, but it didn't survive a week in the freezer (Disney had left the fondant on and it just kinda ruined the cake somehow :confused3 ). Luckily, DH and my parents have agreed that we can go back for our 1st anniversary this year!:cool1: New cake for me!

2647289495_d727ce9310.jpg

2647289421_ae1b929c9f.jpg

These are the cakes from our at home reception, we did a mirror image cake because I wanted a pink cake and my husband wanted a chocolate cake so we did both.:)

This was our wedding cake:

2609423490_8350d5b119.jpg

All our cakes were fabulous!

You can ask for chocolate buttercream frosting underneath the fondant, but you may be told that it won't work with the color of fondant you want because it's slightly translucent and the chocolate will show through/change the shade of the colored fondant.

Here's a pic of a Grand Floridian birthday cake with pink fondant and chocolate buttercream underneath - the color looks fine to me!]

Chocolate butter cream is not the best choice for cakes covered in WHITE fondant, as it does create a grayish cast with the white. Colored fondants are not affected.

mmm yes it does, i think ALL cakes look delish!! hehe!!

so could i pop into the boardwalk bakery and see some of these cakes? Do they have any on show?

Do they sell any flavours of the cakes in the shop (if it is a shop!?)...

The Boardwalk bakery is limited in their production of wedding cakes. Anything larger than a 2 tier cake comes from the Grand Bakery. For style examples, stop by Franch's.

Here is a picture of my wedding cake!! It was amazing in person... the GF bakery did a great job making my dream into a reality.

The original sketch next to the final product:
WeddingCake2.jpg
WeddingCake.jpg

1st (top) layer: Almond cake with amaretto mousse
2nd layer: Red velvet cake with cream cheese frosting
3rd layer: White cake with strawberry mousse
4th (bottom) layer: Almond cake with amaretto mousse

This is my cake. I loved it. I so have to say the GF pastry shop went way above and beyond. The cake topper is made of chocolate and was made to look like a WDCC figure. When we came to see the room the pastry chef was there so I was able to tell them what a wonderful job they did. I am a pastry chef my self so I know the work that went in to the topper.

b3205cd7.jpg

fdea8b12.jpg

gee..I could have SWORN i posted here this morning!!

Anyway..I LOVE this cake!! I love green cymbidium orchids and this cake is awesome!!

Here is a picture of my wedding cake!! It was amazing in person... the GF bakery did a great job making my dream into a reality.

The original sketch next to the final product:
WeddingCake2.jpg
WeddingCake.jpg

1st (top) layer: Almond cake with amaretto mousse
2nd layer: Red velvet cake with cream cheese frosting
3rd layer: White cake with strawberry mousse
4th (bottom) layer: Almond cake with amaretto mousse

Okay, I posted on the "wedding cakes" thread, and now saw the "Disney Wedding Cakes" thread and have the perfect excuse to post again! LOL!

I am so happy to be able to post pix of our gorgeous cake!

100_4970.jpg

Here is a closeup of the Lenox 50th Anniversary porcelain Cinderella Castle that we built the whole cake concept around:

January2009102.jpg

Besides how GORGEOUS it was, the cake was delicious beyond all expectations! :thumbsup2

This is my cake. I loved it. I so have to say the GF pastry shop went way above and beyond. The cake topper is made of chocolate and was made to look like a WDCC figure. When we came to see the room the pastry chef was there so I was able to tell them what a wonderful job they did. I am a pastry chef my self so I know the work that went in to the topper.

b3205cd7.jpg

fdea8b12.jpg

This is so beautiful, I love all the figures below too. The topper really is amazing, I watch all the food network competitions and I can't imagine how long that must have taken to make. Were you able to save it?

Perfect angel, I LOVE your cake & topper so beautiful and unique! All of the cakes are lovely, but yours is my fav so far!!

Perfect angel, I LOVE your cake & topper so beautiful and unique! All of the cakes are lovely, but yours is my fav so far!!

Thank you very much. I loved it so much I do have to say I cried when I saw the cake.

This is so beautiful, I love all the figures below too. The topper really is amazing, I watch all the food network competitions and I can't imagine how long that must have taken to make. Were you able to save it?

No I was very upset but there was no room, but we are going to buy the figure it was designed after. We do have a rather large collection of WDCC but this is going to be one of my favorites.

b3205cd7.jpg

fdea8b12.jpg

This is definitely one of the cutest cakes I ever saw! I love all the characters!

mm21378-18-08.jpg

That was our cake! Coral and Shells (Light Decoration) with the White Chocolate Castle Topper.
Top layer was Chocolate cake with Peanut Butter Cup filling
Middle layer was Almond cake with Amaretto filling
Bottom layer was Yellow cake with Buttercream filling.

Unfortunately, when they cut/plated/served the cake, they didn't serve the middle layer at all, only the bottom. There was enough cake from the bottom for everyone since a number of people didn't eat, but we were upset that no one got a choice. We ended up with BOTH middle and top layers boxed in our room. We still had 4 full days and not enough fridge space, so my parents took the entire middle layer to dinner with family in their villa that night (still, lots left over.) We brought the top layer home (electric cooler in the car) and it survived the trip, but it didn't survive a week in the freezer (Disney had left the fondant on and it just kinda ruined the cake somehow :confused3 ). Luckily, DH and my parents have agreed that we can go back for our 1st anniversary this year!:cool1: New cake for me!

This is the cake we picked too! And we think we are going with the same flavors too!!! Thanks for letting us know about the no choice thing. I will definitely make sure it's noted that I want our guests to have a choice!!! If you are having three different layers, you should be able to taste them all right?:confused3

I love all these cakes! I had my planning session last week, and we only had 8 filling choices. Some of you mentioned peanut butter cup (my fiance's favorite thing ever) and cream cheese. We weren't given this option, does anyone know why? We also were only offered four cakes, not including red velvet as some of you have mentioned having. Just wondering why mine was different. Thanks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter