Your Disney Wedding Cake!! Photos!!

malibustacey

Son of a building block! Its Woody! .... its... Pr
Hello,

I will be having a Wishes wedding and i would love to have a wedding cake that has chocolate covering instead of icing. I have seen about 3 mad hatter wedding cakes made with icing and they look very yummy. I am just curious to what cakes people have had / or designed for thier wedding.

I am interested to see what any kind of wedding cake you had, so please could you post some photos of your wedding cakes and it may be a bit easier for me to decide on what cake we might have. Anyone with chocolate covered cakes please post photos too- i havent seen any yet.

Thank yooooooou! xxx

wedding7.jpg

caketable2.jpg

you dont eat the icing, it gets taken off. Not like cakes here where you eat the lot, they take the icing off and then serve just the cake

you dont eat the icing, it gets taken off. Not like cakes here where you eat the lot, they take the icing off and then serve just the cake
There is still a sweet buttercream frosting underneath the fondant which is basically a coated covering over the top that they can decorate. You could probably have chocolate buttercream under the frosting if you wanted :)

I just had the regular buttercream under mine, but I did have a chocolate peanut butter cup filling on one layer.
100_0596.jpg

Here are the slices after they're cut and the fondant is removed:
VK00163-3-08.jpg

VK00193-3-08.jpg

Omg? are you joking!! Thats wierd!! I like icing!! hehe!!

Is there a reason why they take the icing off? Is it not edible?

its not sweet like our icing, its fondant or somthing and does not really taste of anything

Omg? are you joking!! Thats wierd!! I like icing!! hehe!!

Is there a reason why they take the icing off? Is it not edible?

Fondant is only used in fancy cake decorating, it really isn't icing its just a mix of sugar and water (edible but not very tasty) that becomes a mixture that is easily rolled out and used as a covering over the actual buttercream frosting. You can get a cake with just buttercream frosting, but in order to add some of the more intricate detail and decorations on cakes like the Mickey stamps, or the different colored shapes on the Mad Hatter cakes, they use the fondant as a palet for decorating its just placed on top of the regular frosting, so no worries you'll still have buttercream frosting either way.

Ohh .. so what if i wanted a chocolate one? Can they cover the cake in chocolate instead of that fondant stuff?

How did you decide on the cake, do you get a list / photos of cakes to choose the designs from?

you get a cd with pics and a price list but if you see something you like they can try and recreate it.

There were a few chocolate ones on the cd

Ohh .. so what if i wanted a chocolate one? Can they cover the cake in chocolate instead of that fondant stuff?

How did you decide on the cake, do you get a list / photos of cakes to choose the designs from?

I'm not sure about frosting the cake with anything but butter cream. We didn't like the butter cream and asked for whipped cream and even though it said whipped cream on our BEO we did not get whipped cream on our wedding day which bummed us out a little.

Its wierd because you can kinda tell its not like the icing in the UK, it seems shiny / glossy.

Well thanks for posting your pics! I love the look of all of them!! Shame that the icing isnt really real icing!! hehe!! I bet whats underneath the icing makes up for it!!

Keep posting pics of your Disney wedding cakes!!

They are all so pretty!!

Mine had fondant, but they added almond to the buttercream and it was FANTASTIC!!

5l9fs8.jpg

I believe even the chocolate ones are covered in fondant.* That's why they look so pretty! I know some people have eaten the fondant but I guess it is rather tasteless and is the texture of play-dough:rotfl2: Underneath the fondant it is just like a regular cake though... they make it just like the cakes you're used to... ice it with the yummy buttercream frosting (or in your case chocolate) then they just put the fondant over it to make it look pretty! I know it sounds really wierd but don't stress it I hear that Disney cakes are as delicious as they are beautiful! Plus I think in the Florida heat the fondant (which is firmer) may help keep the cake from melting and sliding all over the place:thumbsup2 I'm sure if you are really opposed to fondant they can just do regular frosting and not cover but then you'll be limited in the intricacy of your design.

You can ask for chocolate buttercream frosting underneath the fondant, but you may be told that it won't work with the color of fondant you want because it's slightly translucent and the chocolate will show through/change the shade of the colored fondant.

Here's a pic of a Grand Floridian birthday cake with pink fondant and chocolate buttercream underneath - the color looks fine to me!

PinkCakeChocolateFrosting.jpg

And here's a picture of our wedding cake. It had white buttercream underneath. We sent them a pic from a magazine, and they re-created it almost exactly. :thumbsup2

0954_2095N.jpg

You can ask for chocolate buttercream frosting underneath the fondant, but you may be told that it won't work with the color of fondant you want because it's slightly translucent and the chocolate will show through/change the shade of the colored fondant.

Here's a pic of a Grand Floridian birthday cake with pink fondant and chocolate buttercream underneath - the color looks fine to me!

PinkCakeChocolateFrosting.jpg

And here's a picture of our wedding cake. It had white buttercream underneath. We sent them a pic from a magazine, and they re-created it almost exactly. :thumbsup2

0954_2095N.jpg

yes i have seen your cake before, and told you that it looks simply delicious!! hehe!!! the colours are so great!! i saw the pic from the magazine and i have to admit, it does look the same!

I am not sure what i want now, below is a couple of photos of what i thought i have wanted, but i love the colours disney manage to create and the shapes and styles!! i love the mad hatter shaped cakes... soooo im not sure what i could want now!! heh!!

red_rose_white_curl.jpg

image_517.jpg

image_449.jpg

i like the shimmery effect on this one
flavors_photo.jpg

this is one that i found on here! i really love the colours
2077.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter