• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

You know you're at Disney World When....

Agree!

In addition....when you see Mickey heads everywhere....especially when shaped into a rice krispy treat!

omg those are to DIE for! especially the enormous ones that have 3 inches thick of rice and an 2 inches thick of amazing melty smooth chocolate!!!

one more thing.... ive never been to orlando international airport, but i took amtrack on my last trip (don't recommend it!!) and we arrived at the orlando train station (which is actually quite small). as soon as i saw "orlando" i started freaking out. even better, when we got inside i see a family sitting on a bench waiting for an outbound train and they had all these bags saying "walt disney world" on them and mickey and minnie stuffed animals and then i was really REALLY freaking out. arriving at the resort is a pretty awesome feeling too. everything is always so new, no matter how many times you go.

When I hear....

PLEASE STAND CLEAR OF THE DOORS...

POR FAVOR Mantenganse Alejado de las Puertas

:banana: :yay: :dance3: :cheer2: :rotfl: :woohoo: :cool1: :thumbsup2

For me it's when I first see Spaceship Earth. On the first day of my 06 visit, my brother and I went to MK and DAK before meeting the rest of the family that afternoon in Epcot. While I comprehended that I was in WDW, the sink in moment came when I saw Spaceship Earth for the first time that visit.

As a Disneyland regular, Epcot is what makes WDW special for me, so I think that's why Spaceship Earth is my symbol of WDW.

The minute I step off the plane in Orlando I feel the Disney Magic!! pixiedust: I know that I'm soooooo close to WDW!!! And, I know that I'll be in the parks the next day!!!! Woo Hoo!! Oh and like the previous poster said - seeing the Disney Store:smickey: in the airport just re-confirms that we landed in the right place!:rotfl2:

When I hear....

PLEASE STAND CLEAR OF THE DOORS...

POR FAVOR Mantenganse Alejado de las Puertas

:banana: :yay: :dance3: :cheer2: :rotfl: :woohoo: :cool1: :thumbsup2

I LOVE hearing that!

Oh and stepping outside of the airport for the first time. FL has a distinct FL smell (it's a good one)...I just love the FL smell.

OK, this is going to sound Goofy, but when we pulled into CBR after a long day flying cross-country and driving down from Jacksonville, the first thing I noticed that convinced me I was REALLY at WDW were the trash cans -- the Disney ones have that distinct look to them no matter what colors they're painted. DH and I both commented at the time that "now we knew we were really there."

PHXscuba:rolleyes:

Someone else said this but the music. Doesn't matter where I am (the bus, a park, a resort)...when I hear that special Disney music, I know I'm there!

The theme music they play when you're on hold waiting to make dining ressies sometimes makes me daydream that I'm at WDW!!:teleport:

I get as giddy as a school girl every time I see this sign. :)

2356395256_dc3dd3e60a.jpg

I get as giddy as a school girl every time I see this sign. :)

2356395256_dc3dd3e60a.jpg

Same here, but also eating at Ohana on the first night. It's become a tradition to have a late dinner there and watch Wishes. I'll be there in 7 days! Surprising DH for his birthday!

The welcome arch for sure!!!!

Pulling into Pop Century!!

Also the water smell. DH thinks I'm nuts but anytime I'm near Disney water I just stand there and take in the smell. lol!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter