You know you're a true camper when...

Okay, I think my head is going to explode. They are calling for 4 - 6 inches of rain. :headache: :headache: :scared1: :scared1: With everything still being wet, we will flood again if we get that much.
The RV is loaded - AGAIN!! DH moved the bike and is getting to load up the cart.

He even threatened to shut the gas off to the house and bring up the new hot water heater. I asked him is he could bring up the furnace and electric panel box. I swear the bank account is going to be in the negative any day now. I haven't even seen the Proof of Loss for the flood 2 weeks ago.

So pray for sunshine!!! I need to move. :headache:

Okay, I think my head is going to explode. They are calling for 4 - 6 inches of rain. :headache: :headache: :scared1: :scared1: With everything still being wet, we will flood again if we get that much.
The RV is loaded - AGAIN!! DH moved the bike and is getting to load up the cart.

He even threatened to shut the gas off to the house and bring up the new hot water heater. I asked him is he could bring up the furnace and electric panel box. I swear the bank account is going to be in the negative any day now. I haven't even seen the Proof of Loss for the flood 2 weeks ago.

So pray for sunshine!!! I need to move. :headache:

Consider it prayed.

Sandi that was funny. I have a very similar story. When I was a teenager my family was camping at Elkmont in the Smokies. In the middle of the night a baby bear somehow got stuck under our camper and in trying to get out he kept rocking the camper (pop-up) & woke everyone up. Momma bear was closeby and grunting at the baby and circling the camper. Nearby campers thought they'd be helpful & yell at the bears & hit sticks against pans to make them go away. All this did was make momma bear madder and scare baby bear even more. My sweet mother decided that this would be the best time to have to go potty! Now how she thought she was going to leave the camper to get to the bathroom I don't know. After complaining for quite awhile she gave in when she eyed the old-fashioned crank-style ice cream maker. Sure she felt better but to this day whenever we go to make ice cream everyone gives her crap that she can't use the maker. lol

I will never look at an ice cream maker the same again!!!

Thanks for the prayers and good thoughts! We made it through this one. However the river is in the field behind my house. It was supposed to be in the backyard per the forecasters but it never made it that high, thank goodness!!

It's supposed to be sunny and in the 70s starting tomorrow. I even think I see the sun trying to peek out of the clouds now. Let's hear it for sunshine!! :banana::banana::banana:

You know you're a true camper when you realize that bacon is the source of life,,:thumbsup2
Pork fat rules baby !

You know you're a true camper when you realize that bacon is the source of life,,:thumbsup2
Pork fat rules baby !

:thumbsup2:woohoo: Maybe we need a new thread: 101 uses for bacon!

What were we talkin' about?...Oh yeah! You know you're a real camper when...

You actually HAVE 101 uses for bacon!

Bacon grease is a great campfire starter! Smells good too.
Does make me hungry though..:laughing:

I have always heard that you can season a cast iron skillet with bacon grease.
That sounds pretty silly to me,,I dont know of anyone who could eat a cast iron skillet, :confused3

I have always heard that you can season a cast iron skillet with bacon grease.
That sounds pretty silly to me,,I dont know of anyone who could eat a cast iron skillet, :confused3

:rotfl2:

If one COULD eat an iron skillet, that'd be what I call a real camper for sure!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter