You know your vacation is close when. . .

When your countdown clock looks like this: 1 Days 1 Hrs 1 Mins 1 Secs AND you realize this is the last day you have to wear dress/work clothes for 17 DAYS!!!!!:banana: :banana: :banana:

Someone told me you could request a site but how far in advance do you send it, can loop requests be made also??:confused3 We are going in Dec. '08 first time at FW but by looking at pictures and reading info there may be certain sites or loops we want.

You fax in your Loop Request about 4 days in advance. So if you arrive on a Friday, you would fax it in on Monday.

Mine usually go like this:

I'll be arriving at Ft. Wilderness on xx/xx under Reservation # xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I have a xx ft camper and will also be setting up a xx X xx foot awning and a xx X xx foot tent. I would like a site in Loop 2000 with a large sand area preferably close to a comfort station.

I realize that these are only requests and are not guaranteed. Just for reference, we were in site 2020 last year, and it fit our needs perfectly. Any site in Loop 2000 with those dimensions will be great!!

Sincerely,

Carol

The fax # is 407-824-3508

You fax in your Loop Request about 4 days in advance. So if you arrive on a Friday, you would fax it in on Monday.

Mine usually go like this:

I'll be arriving at Ft. Wilderness on xx/xx under Reservation # xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I have a xx ft camper and will also be setting up a xx X xx foot awning and a xx X xx foot tent. I would like a site in Loop 2000 with a large sand area preferably close to a comfort station.

I realize that these are only requests and are not guaranteed. Just for reference, we were in site 2020 last year, and it fit our needs perfectly. Any site in Loop 2000 with those dimensions will be great!!

Sincerely,

Carol

The fax # is 407-824-3508

Thanks Carol. Today I called to see if I could upgrade to Preferred site and was able to get it for myself and DSIL. The reservationist asked did I have a specific loop I wanted to stay in and I told her 100, 200, 300. She put us down for 300. We're not going until Dec. 08', would you recommend we still fax in loop/site request also or are they usually pretty good about giving you what you requested on the reservation? This will be our first stay at FW. Learning all I can from ya'll who have experience.:goodvibes

Thanks Carol. Today I called to see if I could upgrade to Preferred site and was able to get it for myself and DSIL. The reservationist asked did I have a specific loop I wanted to stay in and I told her 100, 200, 300. She put us down for 300. We're not going until Dec. 08', would you recommend we still fax in loop/site request also or are they usually pretty good about giving you what you requested on the reservation? This will be our first stay at FW. Learning all I can from ya'll who have experience.:goodvibes

I'm not real sure about the full and preferred loops. I always stay in a partial hookup and the only choices are 1500 and 2000. 1500 is a very small loop, so there is a 90% chance I'll be in 2000.

when the camper is packed and all you have to do is go to sleep, wake up the next morning and drive to the fort.:drive:

When you are driving down the highway on the way to the Fort and a van with a tag from your state passes you, and they are waving. You then know, it's Tent Camping Mom!!!

When you pull in and drive under that great big WDW sign!!!

When Lisa 8200 and her DH Mike drops by and says hello while your setting up!!!

YOu know your trip is near when you
1. start making the "lists" of what food to buy and what you have at home that you can bring
2. Telling the kids to pack up what small toys they want for the ride
3. When you start looking for some one to house/pet sit
4. When the cover comes off the motorhome
5. Cant sleep all night due to the excitement!!!

1. you pack up your everyday stuff to drag out of the camper to make room for 2 more for your trip ( i live in mine for work trips):laundy:
2. you start buying extra food stuff that you don't eat to feed otherspopcorn::
3. you get a pet sitter for your feral kitty to keep her from being wild with your tiny DGD:hippie:
4. you finish your decorations you made for Halloweenish Trip for the Fort
5. you wash the camper til it shines knowing the luvbugs will still manage to ruin your hard work lol:banana:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter