You know your vacation is close when. . .

FloridaTeacher

Now I'm a Guidance Counselor
How do you know when your vacation is truly near? :woohoo:

For me, it's when -
1. I see the "Movie Schedule" for the Fort for the month of our trip, and
2. We turn on the refrigerator in the motorhome.

...the Disneyworld website calendar shows your month and everything going at that time.:thumbsup2

You know your vacation is even closer when. . .

...the Disneyworld website calendar shows your month and everything that's "closed for refurbishment" that month.:confused3

In our house you know your WDW trip is close when the house is really clean. :rolleyes1 and the dog is finally groomed.:eek:

When it's almost here, and I can't think about anything else at work. By now my co-workers just wish that I get on that airplane and stop talking about where we are staying, where we are going to eat, and in general what we are doing each and every day.:rotfl: They have no Disney spirit !!:rotfl2: :rotfl2:

~Debbie

...the Disneyworld website calendar shows your month and everything going at that time.:thumbsup2

...the Disneyworld website calendar shows your month and everything that's "closed for refurbishment" that month.:confused3

Agreed. Just adding one,

You know your vacation is close when you realize the ADR you made at the 6 mo mark don't match up to EMH and you go ahead and pay extra for hoppers.........grrr...

You get a note in the mail from Goofy telling you it's almost time for your return to Fort Wilderness "Garsh, how many 'Ds' are in CottontailCurl?" That usually starts everything in motion, camping equipment aired out, checklists started, etc, etc. WOO HOO!

You start tracking hurricanes.:surfweb:

You've printed out the 10-day forecast for Orlando.:beach:

You know your vacation is close when every room in your house has a tote with something in it that needs to go in the camper.

You know your vacation is close when your list of things to do becomes less than a page.

it's time to fax in that site request!!!!

you find yourself buying more Camping food than Home food.
You buy enough beer for a month ( intended to last a week :lmao: ) to be sure your covered.

it's time to fax in that site request!!!!

Someone told me you could request a site but how far in advance do you send it, can loop requests be made also??:confused3 We are going in Dec. '08 first time at FW but by looking at pictures and reading info there may be certain sites or loops we want.

You know your vacation is close when the kids start asking "Are we ever going camping again?" "What day do we leave?" And mom running in circles gathering stuff.:lmao:
And I totally agree with everyone else's, all soooooo true....:thumbsup2

You know your vacation is close when you can actually see the bottom of the dirty clothes hampers!! :laundy:
:rotfl:

You know when your disney vacation is getting close when all your U.S. dollars have turned into DISNEY dollars! :mickeyjum

I know it's close when I empty all the papers out of our passporter guidebook and put in the ones for the upcoming trip. We'll be staying in a cabin at FW the same time as you Florida Teacher. If you see a harried couple chasing after a three year old Dennis the Menace look alike, say hi!:thumbsup2

I know when..... it is chilly outside and I am packing the motorhome with mostly short sleeves and shorts and Christmas decorations for our site. :thumbsup2

You start tracking hurricanes.:surfweb:

You've printed out the 10-day forecast for Orlando.:beach:

Yep...it's all Orlando weather....all the time now!!

And:

the fridge is on in the camper
I'm doing laundry every day so I can pack now........ONLY 6 DAYS TO GO!!!!! YAY!!!!

You know your vacation is close when you debate what size milk to buy to get you through till you leave since it won't be any good when you get back.:rotfl2:

When your within a couple of days 10/06 and while your riding down the road you see this
S5000388.jpg

Coincidence, I think not..It's all about recognizing the signs.:cool2:

Then again, I hope this doesn't mean Disney is broke down.:lmao: :rotfl2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter