You just lost 80 pounds! What are you Going to do next? Ending TR

Wow - Your journey really IS remarkable. A journey of absolute perseverance! I can't wait to hear about how Disney felt in your new body. You certain struggled in so many ways to get there. :hug:

Joining in. I started my weight loss journey 5 weeks ago (16 lbs down so far) and have a long way to go. I hope to be down 50 more before our trip to WDW next May. In total, I need to lose over 150 (haven't set final goal yet). I plan to read your PTR as well, and add it to my personal inspiration. I just keep reminding myself that I am worth it, as is my family. They need to be stuck with me for a long time, and I can best make this happen if I take better physical care of myself.

Good job on the weight loss, and hope you continue to have success on your journey!

congratulations - the seatbelt picture is wonderful!!!:goodvibes

You definitely are inspiring and have a very uplifting & encouraging personality - it's a pleasure to read what you write. I struggle with staying positive and when I come read your updates, you're always so bright and sunny. Thank you!

Wow - Your journey really IS remarkable. A journey of absolute perseverance! I can't wait to hear about how Disney felt in your new body. You certain struggled in so many ways to get there. :hug:

Thank you Mary Ellen. I don't know that my journey is any more remarkable than anyone else's, but certainly one I'm willing to share. I think when you share yours it frees others to believe in the same things you started out believing.....Maybe I really can do this!! :yay:

Oh! Please feel free to call me Nat!! Everybody does!!! :)

Okie dokie, Nat it is! :goodvibes

Joining in. I started my weight loss journey 5 weeks ago (16 lbs down so far) and have a long way to go. I hope to be down 50 more before our trip to WDW next May. In total, I need to lose over 150 (haven't set final goal yet). I plan to read your PTR as well, and add it to my personal inspiration. I just keep reminding myself that I am worth it, as is my family. They need to be stuck with me for a long time, and I can best make this happen if I take better physical care of myself.

Good job on the weight loss, and hope you continue to have success on your journey!

Hi Heidi!! down 16 lbs so far, huh? Let me show you what 1 pound of fat looks like....

That's right, that nasty looking blob....YOU'VE LOST 16 OF THOSE, BA-BY!!!!
Be proud!! Do a little dance, and be sure you put up a picture of this so you can remember that every time you lose a lb, you've lost one of these nasty boogers for good!! :woohoo: BECAUSE YOU ARE WORTH IT!!! Oh, and don't concentrate on the big number you need to lose, just concentrate on the next couple of pounds (if that's too overwhelming then the next pound), and the weight you've already lost, girl!!

One of the things I didn't allow myself to do once I realized the magnitude of what I was doing IS a really big deal....down play my weight loss, no matter how little or big it was. Never, ever down play how far you've come, it's part of the failure tactics we allow played on ourselves that brings us back round to.....you guessed it, failure. :guilty:

Celebrate every step forward you go, and that doesn't mean just your lbs. lost, celebrate you learning something new about your body, celebrate what new things you can do with your body that you couldn't do before. I remember reaching around to scratch my back and realize I could reach sooo much further than I had ever before!! :banana: It may sound silly to others who don't get it, but trust me this is where having a support group or support of another really pays off. You have a place to share your new found victories and struggles. But remember, the struggles are there to either bring you down or to push you forward, the beauty part about it......the choice is yours!! :woohoo: Never, ever, ever see a struggle as anything other than an opportunity to come up with three-five different ways to do what you were doing before the obstacle showed up. "Broken toe, okay, I'll do my workouts standing like this!! And I won't use my elliptical for a couple of months, I'll use my recumbent instead, easy!" And that's that! No fretting, no boo-hoo me, just finding another way to get around it or to see the positive steps forward even if you can't do the same as before. Example: My p.t., I may not have been able to workout like before but I had to hang onto the fact I was getting better and WOULD be able to go back to working out as before-thinking forward is what I had to hang onto. :thumbsup2 It was still thinking in a forward motion!! KEEP MOVING FORWARD!! RIGHT?!? You can do this, girl! You can so totally do this, Heidi!! :cheer2:

Do me a favor, go get your weights (I assume you have some little dumb bells in the house if you don't-GO GET SOME) and lift 16 lbs. for me. When you do, be proud!! Be proud of how far you've already come, girl!! :yay:

congratulations - the seatbelt picture is wonderful!!!:goodvibes

You definitely are inspiring and have a very uplifting & encouraging personality - it's a pleasure to read what you write. I struggle with staying positive and when I come read your updates, you're always so bright and sunny. Thank you!

Hi Abby!! :) So glad you are here! And you are more than welcome.
The seatbelt picture is pretty great, I remember sitting there wiggling in my seat and trying not to squeal on the airplane!! :rotfl:
It was such a great feeling, and when I got on the plane this last time....it was such a great feeling to know I could REAAAAAALLY cinch the heck out of it!! :laughing:

I'm so happy to have all these wonderful and beautiful new people here!! :yay: :dance3: :woohoo: :yay: :dance3: :woohoo:

:wave2: Howdy Millie!

A very nifty intro and opening.

This should serve as evidence that you should never tell a Texan they can't do something.

I look forward to many more installments.

OH and Hey Glenn! Hey Cynthia! I'll get back to your TR's soon. but for now, back to inventory. Which in life's list of fun activities, ranks somewhere around gutter cleaning and alphabetizing your cheese collection.

Hi Camille, I'm Liz! I was so intrigued by your title that I had to read. I've struggled with my weight for as long as I can remember. It's always been a battle. Over the last couple of years I have been able to lose 50lbs and just recently started to knock more off.

Your daughter is beautiful!! I'm off to read more!

This should serve as evidence that you should never tell a Texan they can't do something.

OH and Hey Glenn! Hey Cynthia! I'll get back to your TR's soon. but for now, back to inventory. Which in life's list of fun activities, ranks somewhere around gutter cleaning and alphabetizing your cheese collection.

Hey Matt!!!!!!

I'd pick alphabetizing my cheese collection over the gutters. Inventory. A four letter word that got confused and doubled in size.

Howdy, GB!! :wave2:
Thank you for being here! I know how busy you've been of late with your filming endeavors. :goodvibes :thumbsup2

I think you are right, never tell a Texan they can't do something, especially a Texan woman! :laughing: They'll just prove you wrong. ::yes::

Hi Camille, I'm Liz! I was so intrigued by your title that I had to read. I've struggled with my weight for as long as I can remember. It's always been a battle. Over the last couple of years I have been able to lose 50lbs and just recently started to knock more off.

Your daughter is beautiful!! I'm off to read more!

Hi Liz! :wave2: Wow! Sounds like you are doing an amazing job with your weight!! :yay: I'm starting back to knocking off more as well, maybe we can cheer one another on! :cheer2: Oh, and thank you for the nice words about my girlie. :flower3:

Hi Camille! So you decided to make me hunt this thread down on my own, huh?:confused3:rotfl2:

DID I NOT SEND YOU A NOTICE?!? Oh my goodness, Mark! I'm truly sorry, if I didn't know you were such a confident person I'd start to worry you were thinking I was doing this to you on purpose. :rotfl: I swear you were on my list, see.....

Horrid picture, but total proof I had you on the list!! :teeth:

You and Tim are circled because I was supposed to send you a heads up and I must have gotten distracted. :( So sorry. Well, at least I can give you a proper Mark welcome...

MARK!! :upsidedowGB and Liz too!! :thumbsup2

Day 1: With more back story than actually day 1....

Happy Cinco De Mayo day!! Incase you don't know what that is....

Mexican commemorative festival: a celebration among Mexican communities in Mexico and North America marking the Mexican defeat of French troops at the Battle of Puebla in 1862.

I know, I had to look it up too. :rolleyes2 Honestly I think it's just an excuse to have a celebration. Don't get me wrong, I'm not complaining, any excuse to put on funny hats and drink margs. is a holiday I want to be in on. ::yes::
I sooooo wish I could post my Epcot Mexico picture of me right now, it's so befitting for this post!! But that would be doing my reveal, and I'm not quite ready for that just yet. :goodvibes Very soon, I promise. ::yes::

I was reminded of this holiday when the three women (not girls) in front of us boarded the plane wearing these...

And no, I'm not kidding...........at all. :laughing:

Only in Texas! :goodvibes

To me this was no ordinary day, and Cinco De Mayo was furthest from my mind because....

This was the day we were going to Disney World!!!!

This day started off without a hitch, usually I can't sleep the night before but after the week or two that I had, I don't even remember my head hitting the pillow. The week or two I mentioned?? Well.....My daughter is on her school dance team, and anywhere you get a bunch of girls together there is usually drama.
Allow me to preface this with.....I DON'T DO DRAMA!! I grew up in too much of that so, I avoid it like the plague. :crazy2:
But, where there are 40 some girls, there are 40 some mom's, add in a difficult issue and you usually end up with 40 some head aches. Okay, to be fair to my fairer sex, there were a few of us who tried to just keep our peace and not have anything to do with the issues that were at hand, but with these issues.....let's just say the teacher ended up being fired. :guilty:

I some how stumbled upon the full story of what happened AND was sworn to secrecy (LUCKY ME!!) and got to carry that around while I heard and saw women act like children over the week and weekend before our trip.
How you say? Well, silly here (that would be me) had to plan our trip the day after my daughters big end of the year dance recital (remember that extra day I wanted so bad!!) :rolleyes2
The weekend was filled with decorating the recital hall and having to deal with a bunch of parents who think it's their place to put everyone else in theirs.
I may avoid drama, but I'm no push over and had to end up putting someone in their place when they accused me of not being on the side of the teacher just because I was staying out of it. I reminded her just because she couldn't manipulate the full story out of me didn't make me not on the side for justice, and if it was my place to tell the full story I would have. That seem to pretty much shut her up and we went on to have a great recital in spite of the week from hell for those poor girls. In the end that's what it was all about, the girls. princess:

Needless to say, I was beyond over it before it even started. Add all that in with the Boston bombing, and the West Texas explosion....let's just say I had a pretty heavy heart for a couple of weeks before the trip. Oh! Did I mention my hubby went out of town in the middle of all of this chaos?!? Yipper! :rotfl:
I laugh because if I didn't I think I would have gone stark raving mad.
I was so grateful for having Disney to think on, I was really looking forward to this trip, even if for nothing else other than to get away from all the craziness!! :crazy2:

As all of this was going on I was still able to maintain some semblance of peace. God is such a good God, He really took care of me in the midst of it and gave me good people like Brook (as well as a few others) to lean on a bit as well as my really good friend here, Amy. I've mentioned her in my PTR incase you're wondering who she is. :) I still had to pack and get all my stuff together in the midst of this, so this gave me a good excuse to stay hidden and removed as much as possible. :upsidedow

Mackie and I, still had a good time trying to get our outfits together and putting everything aside to get packed that week. :lovestruc She's such a strong girl, I'm so proud of her for how she handled all that craziness. She stayed strong, and did an amazing job. This is my beauty at her end of the year banquet....

Sorry to say I'm going to have to leave it at that. I'm getting down to the wire of being able to fit my workout in before going to get Mackenzie from school. :)

But not to worry, I'll be back soon.

Hey howdy hey! Ohh, your report sounds like it's going to lots of fun! :)

Congratulations on your weight loss! That is quite the accomplishment. I hate drama too and know it all parents! Looking forward to hearing all about your trip.

Mackie looks beautiful in her babquet dress!princess:

Aww, thank you Ms. Tammie. I think so too, but I'm a bit biased when it comes to those things. ;)

Congratulations on your weight loss! That is quite the accomplishment. I hate drama too and know it all parents! Looking forward to hearing all about your trip.

Spoken like a true teacher or someone who deals with parents on a regular basis. :laughing:

And thank you!! I still have a little ways to go with my weight, but I'll get there. :)

So cute...:goodvibes

:)

You are so inspirational! I'm struggling to get off the 30 lbs I put on over the last ten years, and while that may not seem like much to some, it is a lot for me. Can't wait to read the rest of your journey!:goodvibes

Awe, your Mackie is so pretty in her banquet dress. :cutie:

Aww, thank you Jessica. :goodvibes

You are so inspirational! I'm struggling to get off the 30 lbs I put on over the last ten years, and while that may not seem like much to some, it is a lot for me. Can't wait to read the rest of your journey!:goodvibes

Thank you Teresa! I'm glad my journey is bringing you some sort of inspiration. Weight is a struggle no matter how much you have to get off, no one should ever make someone feel silly for the amount of weight they need to work on whether it be 3 lb. or 300 lb., it's all a process and journey for someone to take care of it.
But I will say, it's a whoooole lot less time and effort to take off 30 vs. 100, at least that's what I keep telling myself as I try and take off these last 20-30 lbs.. :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter