You just lost 80 pounds! What are you Going to do next? Ending TR

Camille, your story of your mother and her essentricness is too cute. I bet you dollars to donuts that your kiddos will remember those "special" little qualities. I spied that book behind Mackie in the pictures. Takes after your Mama I see.

It's funny that you posted a picture of the kangaroo today. I've read two different kangaroo stories on the internet this week and now I come here and read about a feisty kangaroo in your trip report.

Lovely picture of your mom. Thanks for sharing that. And what a fun story about her. Great memories.

I don't see a single thing wrong with eating at Boma twice in one day. Both are fabulous meals. How fun!

Great pictures of all three of you at AK.

Glad you decided to do an update! :cool1:

Great to 'see' you again :thumbsup2

I love that story about your mum. That photo of her and Mackie is great! My grandmother is called Joyce too :goodvibes She is also a strong woman with her own way of doing things :rotfl:

Love the story about your mom. Thanks for sharing. I bet she made a lot of people smile during her lifetime.

AK is our favorite park and Boma is one of our favorite meals. We haven't had breakfast there yet.

Great to hear from you again!

Hi Camille! I love your Joyce stories! Your mom was a cutie. So funny about her glasses. :rotfl2:

It's great that you got to ride Safari early enough to see the animals up and about!

Camille, your story of your mother and her essentricness is too cute. I bet you dollars to donuts that your kiddos will remember those "special" little qualities. I spied that book behind Mackie in the pictures. Takes after your Mama I see.

Thanks, Lisa. :) And yes, I think those moments are exactly what they remember.

It's funny that you posted a picture of the kangaroo today. I've read two different kangaroo stories on the internet this week and now I come here and read about a feisty kangaroo in your trip report.

That Kangaroo just looks like he's trouble, doesn't he? :laughing:

Lovely picture of your mom. Thanks for sharing that. And what a fun story about her. Great memories.

Thank you, she was an interesting person, all the nurses loved her because she always said what she thought, and usually without a single filter to be found. :scared:

I don't see a single thing wrong with eating at Boma twice in one day. Both are fabulous meals. How fun!

Great pictures of all three of you at AK.

Glad you decided to do an update! :cool1:

Boma twice in a day was fun, I like getting there for our dinner ADR a bit early so we can have a drink, walk around and see the animals. :) I'll try and get another update in before too long.

Great to 'see' you again :thumbsup2

I love that story about your mum. That photo of her and Mackie is great! My grandmother is called Joyce too :goodvibes She is also a strong woman with her own way of doing things :rotfl:

:) Strong is one word to have described my mom. :laughing:

Love the story about your mom. Thanks for sharing. I bet she made a lot of people smile during her lifetime.

AK is our favorite park and Boma is one of our favorite meals. We haven't had breakfast there yet.

Great to hear from you again!

Oh she made a lot of people smile and turn fifty shades of red if you were related to her. :laughing:
You certainly have to try breakfast at Boma's, I'd say it's one of the best places on property to have breakfast.

Sorry everyone, I think I've dragged this out long enough.

I wish I had the stamina to have kept this going but being out as far as we are from the trip I don't think I'll be able to do it justice. I've forgotten so much of the little details that make a trip report fun to share and more importantly read, that I realize I'm just going through the motions and none of the personality of what a trip report is all about.
To me that's not authentic enough to share with you for me to keep it going.

I think if I hadn't had so much going on with my mother being ill and her eventual passing I think this would have been a different outcome, but it happened and with the holidays fast approaching I'm afraid it will only get worse.

It doesn't mean I don't care about you all and love the new friendships I've made, just means it's time to hang up this TR and hopefully get started on a new pre trip report some time soon or a whole new TR when we get back from our trip next May. :goodvibes
So for now I will take my bow and hope y'all understand.

:grouphug:

:wave2:

You need to do what's right for you. TRs are a lot of work to keep up with at the best of times!

Thanks for sharing the things you have so far, but it was really the PTR that was the important one for me :goodvibes

Camille, I have enjoyed reading this TR over the last several months and am so thankful for a new friend I have found here on the DIS. You have been a real inspiration and a blessing.

I look forward to reading your next TR... It is a bummer though that you will be in WDW in May and we will not be there until June. If there is anyone here on the DIS I would love to meet it would be you. ;)

Sorry everyone, I think I've dragged this out long enough.

I wish I had the stamina to have kept this going but being out as far as we are from the trip I don't think I'll be able to do it justice. I've forgotten so much of the little details that make a trip report fun to share and more importantly read, that I realize I'm just going through the motions and none of the personality of what a trip report is all about.
To me that's not authentic enough to share with you for me to keep it going.

I think if I hadn't had so much going on with my mother being ill and her eventual passing I think this would have been a different outcome, but it happened and with the holidays fast approaching I'm afraid it will only get worse.

It doesn't mean I don't care about you all and love the new friendships I've made, just means it's time to hang up this TR and hopefully get started on a new pre trip report some time soon or a whole new TR when we get back from our trip next May. :goodvibes
So for now I will take my bow and hope y'all understand.

:grouphug:

:wave2:

I completely understand :grouphug:

Camille, we all understand that "life" gets in the way of a lot of things including our Disboard time. You've had a rough time of it lately and there's absolutely nothing wrong with bowing out of your trip report. We will all be here when and if you start your pre-trip report.:grouphug:

Above all, this should be a fun "after journey - journey" for you. I totally understand if you have come to the end of that road. Looking forward to your trip in May - sad that we will miss each other by a day. :hug: (although I'm thinking that we don't have to fly 4 hrs to find each other.) :rotfl2:

Millie, I love to write but I found doing a trip report very difficult. I admire the folks that are able to do them. You have had so very much happening in your life and I totally understand how your mom's passing has made writing this trip report hard. Thanks for letting us know your heart and not just disappearing on us. And do make sure you post your next PTR link here! Time to start looking to the future!

AWWWW Camille! Sorry you have decided to stop writing your TR, but I completely understand.

I really did enjoy your TR and I enjoyed getting to know you and Mackie better. Loved your pictures and I love your enthusiasm about Disney. Happy planning for your May trip!

:love::love::love::love::love::love:

This is why I love my Dis brothers and sisters so much. Y'all are so sweet and understanding.

I could never just leave y'all high and dry without saying why I'm bowing out, just not me to do that to.
I really went back and forth on this and as y'all know that me being honest is what I've built much of my life on, without honesty I won't grow as a person.
I finally realized being honest with myself about this report was a must and something I was avoiding to not let y'all down. Now that I've done it I don't feel guilt or the burden any more so I know it's a good thing I'm letting this go.
While thinking about all of this, I've come to the conclusion I'm reminded too much of my mom when doing this and I don't like having the TR tied to my mom passing. I'm trying to get myself back into a better light concerning her and all the drama that went on when she was dying, I finally feel I'm making some serious head way and continuing the report will just get in the way of that progress.

So, thank you for understanding and thank you for being apart of the journey. I've made some beautiful new friends, grown closer to those I just sort of knew here on the boards and have made some friendships out of it that I know will last a life time.
I just pray and hope I'll be able to meet and squeeze on each and every one of y'alls necks when I do get to finally meet you some day.
Y'all have gotten me through some tough moments in my life and shared some of my best memories, it's a bond that can't be broken. :hug:

Again, thank you to all of you, you are precious to me beyond words. ::yes::

Hey Millie-

I totally understand. No worries. We are here when you want us. Sometimes writing a TR turns into work. I've tried to stop writing the minute to minute and just focus on the big (fun, memorable, bad, unbelievable) things that happened. I thought I could sum up a day in one post but you know how that goes. :rolleyes1

I hope everything is well with you.... I 'see' more of you on FB anyway & I think that is where I 'hang' out more. :rotfl2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter