You guys are great!

stefa70

Mouseketeer
Hey all! I have been here a few times over the years mostly to find info on movie schedule, site progress, etc...... but never thought I should post as there are so many "experts" on here, there's nothing I can add that someone doesn't already know. After spending some time reading through the boards, I realized it's not only informational, it's therapy! I have laughed at loud at many, especially TCD's trip reports. I have been going to the fort since the late 70's, and never thought there were so many others who love it as much as I do. I get made fun of for using all my vacation times to bring my TT an hour away from home! People who haven't been to the fort don't realize how spoiled you get and other places cannot compare. I feel like I've found a group of special friends, (some of whom I've probably seen a hundred times and wouldn't have known it) Even when I'm having a "blah" day, I can find something in here to brighten my spirits, even if it's through pics!

I hope you all realize how much you bring to others lives, and how lucky those of us are that live so close to the fort! Thanks for the laughs and keep 'em coming! Hope to see some of you over Memorial Day!

Welcome, I also live about 1 hr away, and go to the FT every chance we have. We love it there have been going for more years than I care to admit. There are so many great people on this board, that I feel so lucky to have meet them, they cheer me up when I feel down, and I do feel like they are close friends (fiends). Would love to meet you, we will not be there on Memorial Day, but join us July 4th or Oct.:flower3:

I was just talking about this last night on another thread!!!!! For such a bunch of degenerate derilects.....they make a pretty darn good team of folks, dont they!!!

I was just talking about this last night on another thread!!!!! For such a bunch of degenerate derilects.....they make a pretty darn good team of folks, dont they!!!

Degenerate???? derelict????WATCH IT BUSTER I resemble that remark.:stir::drinking1:drinking1:drinking1:crazy:

I live an hour away too, and am a proud degenerate derilect! I'm definitely spoiled by the Fort. It may sound corny, but as far as campgrounds go, FW is magical. pixiedust:

are you an hour north, east, south or west?

If I only lived an hour away from the Fort, I would never go anywhere else! BTW - I am a degenerate, but not a derilect (yet... I'm getting closer every day).

And WELCOME! Don't be a stranger!

You say that you have nothing to share. I know what you could share... You should have lots of pictures, since you live so close and have been there so many times... right??? We love pictures... pleeeeeeze!!! (no, I am not too proud to beg) ;)

I live an hour away too, and am a proud degenerate derilect! I'm definitely spoiled by the Fort. It may sound corny, but as far as campgrounds go, FW is magical. pixiedust:

are you an hour north, east, south or west?

We are actually north,kinda west! :)

Citrus County (Inverness)

I will post some pics as soon as I find some from the fort!

I would have to say these are the best degenerate derilects I have never met! :rotfl:

Whoa there Stefa70, you joined the Disboards in August, 2007, and you now have three posts!

All of them today!

Did they put something funny in the water over there in Inverness today?

At this rate, you are going to have ten posts by 2016!

Seriously, thanks for posting.

And don't be a stranger.

TCD

I should have known TCD would be the first wise guy to notice that I haven't been here in a while...... as I stated before, I used to only look for info I needed and leave all the expertise (and spying:lmao:) to you and the others.
Now I have promised some pictures so you're going to have to put up with me at least 7 more posts!

BTW, the water here in Inverness is just fine, but what I could really use is the recipe for kungaloosh?!?!?!

I wish I only lived an hour from The Fort. Well, maybe next year. I also get made fun of for only taking vacations to The Fort. We travel 1000 miles and that is our trip in the MH.:mickeyjum

Oh..I so WISH we only lived an 1 hour away..I keep trying to get DH to move down but that small issue of health insurance and pension keeps us stuck up here for now. Anyway, I, along with the others, would like to thank all the posters who help keep me (somewhat) sane. Most people open a daily newspaper to find out what's going on in the world, but not me..I go to the Dis boards to see what's going on at the Fort. I never fail to be informed and amused! Keep the info coming! :thumbsup2:thumbsup2

Hey all! I have been here a few times over the years mostly to find info on movie schedule, site progress, etc...... but never thought I should post as there are so many "experts" on here, there's nothing I can add that someone doesn't already know. After spending some time reading through the boards, I realized it's not only informational, it's therapy! I have laughed at loud at many, especially TCD's trip reports. I have been going to the fort since the late 70's, and never thought there were so many others who love it as much as I do. I get made fun of for using all my vacation times to bring my TT an hour away from home! People who haven't been to the fort don't realize how spoiled you get and other places cannot compare. I feel like I've found a group of special friends, (some of whom I've probably seen a hundred times and wouldn't have known it) Even when I'm having a "blah" day, I can find something in here to brighten my spirits, even if it's through pics!

I hope you all realize how much you bring to others lives, and how lucky those of us are that live so close to the fort! Thanks for the laughs and keep 'em coming! Hope to see some of you over Memorial Day!

I gotta agree 100%! I've been trolling around here for a while now and you guys have made planning my vacation easy! Thanks for all the help guys :worship:

This is getting out of control.
Yesterday BDR called me, us idiots. Today it's, and I quote " a degenerate and derilect". BDR, you better bring your boxing gloves on the fourth so we can straighten this out. Of course, I'm hoping you're old, fat, and small. Ugly wouldn't hurt either

glad i am not part of this group. lol

someone needs to do another tr, i need a fix. :)

Who are you kidding Cheryl?? Youre a MAJOR part of this group!!!!!!!!

Magic....I Am fat, bald...short(dont know if that really qualifies as small, considering the fat part!!)....and, yes....Im even ugly!!!!! :)
And the better the insults I dish out, the more love I have for folks!!!!

Who are you kidding Cheryl?? Youre a MAJOR part of this group!!!!!!!!

Magic....I Am fat, bald...short(dont know if that really qualifies as small, considering the fat part!!)....and, yes....Im even ugly!!!!! :)
And the better the insults I dish out, the more love I have for folks!!!!

Well, Magic, if I were you, I'd be more concerned 'bout Gina. That woman is a trained Ninja assassin. She keeps a close eye on her Rog and ain't nobody gonna mess with him!

Ummm, is there one out there? The Adventurer's Club was the best part of Pleasure Island! Good times... Good times...

Kungaloosh:

1/4 cup Capt Morgan's Spiced Rum
1/4 cup orange juice
1/4 cup Raspberry Brandy or Liquer
1/4 cup Strawberry Daiquiri mix

put in blender with enough ice to make slushy.

The kudos goes to ftwildernessguy for this

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter