Yo Ho Yo Ho a Tipsy Life for Me - A November '17 Dining Adventure - Complete 5/27

Citric-Notes

For anyone who has read my reports in the past, there is usually at least one meal where my tipsiness reflects itself in my notes and, finding my tipsy self hilarious, I type them up verbatim. This ladies in gentleman is the November 2017 version. Please do enjoy!

For dinner tonight we had another evening planned with my tipsy disney soul-sister, Ariane aka @ariane37 and her husband Steve. Their favorite Disney restaurant is Citricos, which we'd had a few good meals at before but had no where near the love Ariane had. Wanting to love this place as much as her, we thought it fitting to share our last meal together here.

We Uber'd to the Grand Floridian, where Casey wanted a photo shoot with her carriage necklace and Cinderella's carriage before we even entered.
IMG_4513.jpg

We arrived a bit before Ariane and Steve. You can see Ariane's trip report for a full definition of "bit" here: https://www.disboards.com/threads/y...t-complete-1-25.3629182/page-19#post-58526404. Or you can just go by my tipsy notes which state "Uber to grand while wait for a who took luff wrong way."

While we waited we enjoyed a few cocktails before they arrived. Jason had a "Eye Me" aka Rye Whiskey on the rocks and Casey a Shirley Temple.
IMG_4516.jpg
I went for the Nilet Silver Sicilian.
IMG_4518.jpg
Being a Sicilian with a sour personality, this was right up my alley. Nolet's Gin, Limoncello, Bitters, and Mint all combined to put this typical beer and wine drinker in a good place.

After Ariane and Steve arrived we learned we couldn't be with their beloved server Ronnie, and instead we got the worlds slowest server. Oh well, more time together!

We eventually got some bread on the table and more importantly drinks.
IMG_4519.jpg
IMG_4520.jpg
The bread, per my notes, was "fne not especial" - catch the subtle spanish undertones - but I did enjoy my wine which was a Gruner Veltliner, one of my favorite wines. Or if you were reading my notes I got a "grinder veltlibry same ad fish" Yeah I got nothing on that.

Jason enjoyed another Rye or as I said in my notes "J rye and greT". I'm gonna guess the big T connotes, like Tony the Tiger, it was GRRRRRRRR-EATTTTTTT!
IMG_4523.jpg

For our appetizers, Casey and I got the octopus which was a warm octopus salad featuring a smoky version of the mollusk paired with chickpeas, tomatoes and fluffy potato foam with a subtle pepper flavor from a basil aioli.
IMG_4521.jpg

This was "tender with great flavor" but could have "bee warmer."

Jason ordered the Florida Shrimp with House-made Gnocchetti Sardi Pasta, spicy Puttanesca Sauce, Baby Spinach, Parmesan
IMG_4522.jpg
This was 'like peas from narcooseess but shimp col and add flavor from 2 much anchovy inpunfanesxa" Dang inpunfanesxa ruins a dish every time.

Continued in next post...

Citric-Notes Part 2: Tipsy Notes Revenge

For our entree Casey and I shared the Scallops with English Pea Risotto.
IMG_4525.jpg
I'm a sucker for a good scallop and this did not disappoint. Or more specifically "for creamy love pee scallops huge sweet sn perfect." Guess I liked it.

For his entree Jason went with the Red Wine Braised Short Ribs.
IMG_4526.jpg
Per my notes this was "well done not out of ordinary." About this time Casey also decided that she could become our official" thumb vidoegrapher for everyone's dish.
IMG_4528.jpg
IMG_4529.jpg
I'm gonna go out on a limb and say Ariane and Steve gave their meals a "thumbs up."

As we waited for our dessert, we were treated to some fireworks from Happily Ever After - which sadly was as close as we ever got to it.
IMG_4530.jpg

We also made a trip to the ladies room, where my daughter had to save me from accidentally walking into the men's room. :drinking1o_O

At this point we were getting full, but not too full for dessert. We all shared the Warm Chocolate-Banana Torte with with Vanilla Ice Cream and Handcrafted Belgian Couverture Chocolate Crown
IMG_4532.jpg
Casey ate the majority of this, but the little that I was able to get was "tasty brownie but nana more."

Overall, Citricos was a good experience. Service was slow, but in the company of my favorite Disney people all was forgiven. Unlike Ariane its not on my "must do" list, but we'll definitely be back. Hopefully more tipsy notes will ensue.

After dinner we bid farewell to our friends, but not without another photoshoot to mark the occasion.
IMG_4534.jpg

We eventually, "bear back to room" where "more wine." #GoodTimes

Up next, we almost "skip" a meal

When I looked it up there were 3 or 4 of them. I wasn't sure which was the "original" but ours was pretty small. Nevertheless we still spent $50 on candy!
We try to go every year when we go into the city to see the Christmas Tree in the city. And we always spend WAY too much on candy in there!

We Uber'd to the Grand Floridian, where Casey wanted a photo shoot with her carriage necklace and Cinderella's carriage before we even entered.
img_4513-jpg.306773
Perfect!
I love the artsy pic, flower and wine.

Why do you have a paper cup on your table?

This was 'like peas from narcooseess but shimp col and add flavor from 2 much anchovy inpunfanesxa" Dang inpunfanesxa ruins a dish every time.
impunfanesxa is the WORST!!!

img_4525-jpg.306783

I'm a sucker for a good scallop and this did not disappoint. Or more specifically "for creamy love pee scallops huge sweet sn perfect." Guess I liked it.
Your notes are hilarious!!! I am so glad that you shared. I love it! I love risotto, so yummy! But pee scallops sounds like someone pee'd on your food. Blek.

We eventually, "bear back to room" where "more wine." #GoodTimes
:rotfl2:bear back to the room :rotfl2:

I'm still bitter that I may have sent Disney one of my infamous tipsy emails about it !

what I would have given to see that email. Was it blurry too?! :teeth: Honestly, that's not a bad idea. Perhaps if they get enough, they'll bring at least one big one back, like the one at Aulani. To hold more kids, cheaper overhead for one location. :teacher:

Seriously we love you too :-)

:hug:

A blue pearl???? i didn't even know there was such a thing

Yes! Fun story. Our last night on this past trip, Dan and I had dinner at Ale & Compass at the Beach Club. As we were walking out back to Epcot, we stopped to Pick a Pearl for both our moms for watching the boys so we could get out. The girl there was so personable and so much fun, we got to talking about the different types and she said the top two ones that she rarely sees are 1)Black pearls 2) Blue pearls. So Dan picked the two for our moms. White. The shop at the International Gateway was closing at 9pm and it was 8:50pm and I wanted a specific mug I had seen there. Dan told me he wanted me to pick one, so I chose this really ugly one with grass/seaweed and ran off. He meets up with me after he paid and handed it to me and said, "Eh, it was nothing special....but BLUE!" It's not this 'blue' that I was expecting (nor did Dan) but she said ours was a very subtle blue, but it was definitely blue.

IMG_9647.jpg

For anyone who has read my reports in the past, there is usually at least one meal where my tipsiness reflects itself in my notes and, finding my tipsy self hilarious, I type them up verbatim. This ladies in gentleman is the November 2017 version. Please do enjoy!

OH my gosh! I love your food reviews and the pictures, but I must admit. I look forward to your 'Tipsy Tabs' the most! :rotfl2:

"Uber to grand while wait for a who took luff wrong way."
"fne not especial"
"grinder veltlibry same ad fish"
"J rye and greT"
"bear back to room" where "more wine."

Just seeing them lumped together like this makes me so happy! And I do love your Spanglish coming from the second quote:lmao:

We also made a trip to the ladies room, where my daughter had to save me from accidentally walking into the men's room. :drinking1o_O

I'm convinced this is why we have children. To help us read things later on!

thimbles of Sapporo
yikes those are tiny

I got the Pepper's Ghost with Ciroc Pineapple Vodka and Habanero Lime.
Oh Yum right up my ally.

I'm jealous I wanted one and didn't buy it the one and only time I saw it...really thought they'd be every where.

Casey got to try something for the first time: Pick a Pearl!
How fun

She LOVED doing this and thanks to yet another great tip from Su-Lynn aka @chunkymonkey I had picked up the perfect cinderella's carriage pendant to put it in on Amazon for next to nothing
Yay Su_lynne @chunkymonkey I also took this advise and was very happy.

I loved your tipsy notes from Citrico's

At first glance I thought the flower was in your wine glass.

Jason enjoyed another Rye or as I said in my notes "J rye and greT". I'm gonna guess the big T connotes, like Tony the Tiger, it was GRRRRRRRR-EATTTTTTT!
img_4523-jpg.306779
Your tipsy notes are great :)

This looks delicious. I love octopus and this looks like a dish I'd definitely enjoy.

img_4525-jpg.306783

These scallops look like they are cooked to perfection.

Your meal over all looked really good. I'll one day make it over to that restaurant. The best time for a slow server is when you're not in a rush and want to enjoy the company of your dining companions.

I'm a little behind but I'm all caught up now!

img_0125-jpg.303034

The slider was my favorite item on our last trip to F&W all the way back in 2014, but it didn't quite live up to that again. The meat was good and had great flavor, but there was just way too much bun. I much preferred the spam hash, which was full of spicy peppers and offset nicely with the creamy mayo. The beer was also pretty good, but a bit too hoppy for me.

I really liked the SPAM has a lot! It surprised me, it was so flavorful and the spicy mayo gave it a kick. Could have used a bit more "acid" (been watching a lot of Top Chef).

img_0132-jpg.303041
img_4504-jpg.303042

She LOVED doing this and thanks to yet another great tip from Su-Lynn aka @chunkymonkey I had picked up the perfect cinderella's carriage pendant to put it in on Amazon for next to nothing. Child and parent happy!

Aww she looks so happy!! It's amazing how cheap the cages were compared to the ones they sold at the store. Glad to be of service. I usually am no help when it comes to kids in Disney so this is very cool :)

img_4509-jpg.303045

This was definitely a "cool" piece and it was fun to watch them make it. It was a bit hard to eat, but it was fun who it went from frozen to fudge like inside your mouth. Definitely worth checking out!

I've heard from everyone that had this that it was really good!!

Test Track ended up being down again, for the 2nd time this trip during our FP window, so we Soared around the world instead. Thirty after our adventures, Casey made a pit stop in Club Cool and we ventured into the Light Lab where we had our favorite beer of the festival, the Watermelon Gose. We even brought along our own model.
img_4512-jpg.303046

Wow I didn't even know the Light Lab had beer. We were distracted by the glow in the dark food and they were all blech!

img_4513-jpg.306773

This is only fitting!!

We arrived a bit before Ariane and Steve. You can see Ariane's trip report for a full definition of "bit" here: https://www.disboards.com/threads/y...t-complete-1-25.3629182/page-19#post-58526404. Or you can just go by my tipsy notes which state "Uber to grand while wait for a who took luff wrong way."

Haha, at least you took notes!

The bread, per my notes, was "fne not especial" - catch the subtle spanish undertones - but I did enjoy my wine which was a Gruner Veltliner, one of my favorite wines. Or if you were reading my notes I got a "grinder veltlibry same ad fish" Yeah I got nothing on that.

We really like that wine too!

img_4521-jpg.306780

This was "tender with great flavor" but could have "bee warmer."

I really liked this octopus too. Probably a tie between this and Tiffin's octopus but I must admit the portion size of this appetizer is much more substantial.

img_4522-jpg.306781

Damn that inpunfanesxa!! I think we had this too and thought it was pretty good but not wow.

Haha is it me or do you take notes about pee a lot?

Glad you enjoyed your necklace too!! ")

Your notes are THE BEST. :laughing: Although sometimes autocorrect and/or voice-to-text does me in even without the influence of alcohol. I’ve only been to Citrico’s once and not sure why as we really enjoyed it. Your meal looks tremendous and nothing like DIS friends. :goodvibes

I always wait for the tipsy note addition, love it! Your food does look delicious and I am glad you got to spend the time with friends. Slow service isn’t quite as bad when you have good company.

Or you can just go by my tipsy notes which state "Uber to grand while wait for a who took luff wrong way."

Teheheh :laughing: I remember this story.

as "fne not especial" - catch the subtle spanish undertones

Olé!!

Bahaha :rotfl:

No judgement though, because I actually did this 100% sober at Boma on our last trip. Oops.

For anyone who has read my reports in the past, there is usually at least one meal where my tipsiness reflects itself in my notes and, finding my tipsy self hilarious, I type them up verbatim.

Oh, this should be fun! I always wonder when people write notes. Apparently at least you do it after the meal.

Or if you were reading my notes I got a "grinder veltlibry same ad fish" Yeah I got nothing on that.

I would hope it didn't taste like fish...

Oops! Good job, Casey!

Sounds like a fun and interesting meal. It's never really been on my radar, but I do love a good scallop.

We try to go every year when we go into the city to see the Christmas Tree in the city. And we always spend WAY too much on candy in there!
I'd love for Casey to see Christmas up there sometime. She love, love, loved the city and last year was obsessed with the Radio City Christmas Spectacular so it is most definitely in the cards sometime.

I love the artsy pic, flower and wine.
I'd love to take credit, but I think at this point it was just pure dang luck :flower1:

Why do you have a paper cup on your table?
I'm pretty sure it was Casey's drink. Still can't trust my klutzy kid with a real glass at a nice restaurant. You should have seen me in NYC. She was the only kid in every restaurant we ate at - so no kids cups and I was terrified she would spill. I had half a mind not to let her drink at all :P

Your notes are hilarious!!! I am so glad that you shared. I love it! I love risotto, so yummy! But pee scallops sounds like someone pee'd on your food. Blek.
Pee scallops most definitely sounds Blek. I'm guessing it was a nod to what I think were pea shoots on top but who knows.

That happens to us all sometimes:rotfl:
But not everyone has their 6 year old there to remember it forever :P

I love your notes :rotfl2:
Thanks Raeven

what I would have given to see that email. Was it blurry too?! :teeth: Honestly, that's not a bad idea. Perhaps if they get enough, they'll bring at least one big one back, like the one at Aulani. To hold more kids, cheaper overhead for one location. :teacher:
The email was blurry to me, but hopefully it came across on the Disney side ok :-) They are now doing my biggest pet peeve of theirs where I send them an email and they call me incessantly to discuss it. If i wanted to talk to you, I'd call you. I emailed you, so hook a girl up and email her back. They've been quiet for a few weeks now so I think they probably just flagged my account again and forgot about me :P

he shop at the International Gateway was closing at 9pm and it was 8:50pm and I wanted a specific mug I had seen there. Dan told me he wanted me to pick one, so I chose this really ugly one with grass/seaweed and ran off. He meets up with me after he paid and handed it to me and said, "Eh, it was nothing special....but BLUE!" It's not this 'blue' that I was expecting (nor did Dan) but she said ours was a very subtle blue, but it was definitely blue.

img_9647-jpg.306821
That is amazing!!!! You're a lucky girl. I'll have to remember to tell Casey to go for the ugliest one she can find next time.

Ironic aside, she has school pictures tomorrow and we just picked out her outfit and she insisted on wearing her pearl necklace.

OH my gosh! I love your food reviews and the pictures, but I must admit. I look forward to your 'Tipsy Tabs' the most! :rotfl2:
What do you know, me too :P

Just seeing them lumped together like this makes me so happy! And I do love your Spanglish coming from the second quote:lmao:
Thanks! What can I say when I drink I'm muy Spanglisho!

I'm convinced this is why we have children. To help us read things later on!
Or in my child's case to remind me that happened forever :-)

I'm jealous I wanted one and didn't buy it the one and only time I saw it...really thought they'd be every where.
Yeah we thought the same thing so were were excited to find one. Then a day or 2 later, they were everywhere!

She's got some great advice!

Best review! Loved every word the ones I understood and the ones I didn’t :)
Thanks Lauren. I am to please :drinking1

:rotfl:

Best review ever! I'm glad I already ready Ariane's story though, because I'm not sure I'd be able to decipher,

It's a good thing Casey was there to chaperone y'all…and keep you out of the men's room!
Imagine me trying to decipher it. I'm glad I read Ariane's already too :drinking1 And its always a good thing when Casey chaperones us. Someone has to be responsible. :-)

At first glance I thought the flower was in your wine glass.
It could have been and I probably wouldn't have even noticed :drinking1

Your tipsy notes are great :)
Thanks! I never aim to do them, but they just always seem to pop up.

This looks delicious. I love octopus and this looks like a dish I'd definitely enjoy.
It was definitely good and right up your alley!

Your meal over all looked really good. I'll one day make it over to that restaurant. The best time for a slow server is when you're not in a rush and want to enjoy the company of your dining companions.
It's definitely worth a look. We prefer Narcoosee's but Citricos represented quite well.

I really liked the SPAM has a lot! It surprised me, it was so flavorful and the spicy mayo gave it a kick. Could have used a bit more "acid" (been watching a lot of Top Chef).
You're definitely right on the acid and it maybe could have used to fancy toast too :-) We're total Top Chef junkies.

Aww she looks so happy!! It's amazing how cheap the cages were compared to the ones they sold at the store. Glad to be of service. I usually am no help when it comes to kids in Disney so this is very cool :)
Thanks again for the hook-up. And for someone that is "no help" to kids in Disney I totally got about 10 ideas from your family trip!!!! You got that Auntie thing down.

Wow I didn't even know the Light Lab had beer. We were distracted by the glow in the dark food and they were all blech!
They technically didn't have it in the light lab, but there was a craft beer place set-up right outside of it. We thought we could use a little ambiance so we just took them in the light lab for some glow in the dark inbibing :-)

Haha, at least you took notes!
"Notes" is questionable. But I did do something :drinking1

We really like that wine too!
It's one of our all time favorites. We discovered it in a Greek restaurant in the city a few years back and have totally been hooked ever since.

I really liked this octopus too. Probably a tie between this and Tiffin's octopus but I must admit the portion size of this appetizer is much more substantial.
I definitely liked the portion size at Citricos, but I think I'd give the win to Tiffins. I love a good char on octopus, so theirs puts it over the top for me.

Haha is it me or do you take notes about pee a lot?
What can I say, my daughter's 6 year old influence comes out in me :P

Your notes are THE BEST. :laughing: Although sometimes autocorrect and/or voice-to-text does me in even without the influence of alcohol. I’ve only been to Citrico’s once and not sure why as we really enjoyed it. Your meal looks tremendous and nothing like DIS friends. :goodvibes
Ah, gee thanks! Autocorrect does me in too, but when I'm not tipsy I at least catch it. These are more like a random stream of consciousness :-)

I always wait for the tipsy note addition, love it! Your food does look delicious and I am glad you got to spend the time with friends. Slow service isn’t quite as bad when you have good company.
Believe it or not I was thankful for the slow service. Dinner ended up being close to 2 hours so we enjoyed our time with Ariane and Steve.

That torte looks divine!!!!!!!
And you, Ariane and Casey look adorbs!!!!!
Thanks Jenny!

Teheheh :laughing: I remember this story.
Good one of us remembers :P

No judgement though, because I actually did this 100% sober at Boma on our last trip. Oops.
Oddly I do this all the time at work too. Some genius decided to switch the sides for the mens and womens bathrooms every other time a bathroom is in the building so you have to always be watching where you go. I almost walk into the mens room at least once a week :-)

I understood everything you said in your notes. I speak your language. I'm one of your people.:drinking1
Good, maybe you can explain them to me :P:drinking1

Oh, this should be fun! I always wonder when people write notes. Apparently at least you do it after the meal.
I usually got down notes when we are waiting or on transportation or when we get back to the room at night. I just jot down a few things in my phone without a lot of details, so tipsy or not its always fun trying to piece it back together :-)

I would hope it didn't taste like fish...
Thankfully no, but I did finally figure out what that meant. It was the same wine they have at Flying Fish. Thanks for the reminder. :fish:

Sounds like a fun and interesting meal. It's never really been on my radar, but I do love a good scallop.
They were great, though I think Narcoosee's scallops still win for me!

The email was blurry to me, but hopefully it came across on the Disney side ok :-) They are now doing my biggest pet peeve of theirs where I send them an email and they call me incessantly to discuss it. If i wanted to talk to you, I'd call you. I emailed you, so hook a girl up and email her back. They've been quiet for a few weeks now so I think they probably just flagged my account again and forgot about me :P

Do they really call you?? And a real live person wants to discuss it with you? I've never sent an email before, but assumed they would send you that generic 'Thanks for contacting us and sorry your disappointed' email back. Interesting.

Ironic aside, she has school pictures tomorrow and we just picked out her outfit and she insisted on wearing her pearl necklace.

Aw yay, how cute! Also, thought you might like this little bit of info (or maybe you already know and i'm just so not with it:faint:) but Etsy sells Disney inspired pearl cage necklaces! I was originally thinking of taking my pearl back with me to WDW to have them set it, as it's just the pearl itself, but then read that you can purchase cuter cages for way more than half off the price they sell it at Disney. So essentially, you could pre-purchase the necklace, take it with you to WDW, go and pick your pearl, and then just place it in the cage! So i'll be doing this instead and now i'll be able to wear it for my trip!:hyper:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter