Yikes..... here comes Ike

deb, if he's not got power, he can't communicate.

Aint tha a blip!!! The dead can communicate from the other side...but let the electricity go out, and the current communication system is completely destroyed!!!

Can the dead communicate during a power outage? BTW Rog, have I told you lately how much I love your clown? :rotfl:

Hello we are fine thanks for all your thoughts. Some trees came down so we lost power. They said 2 or 3 weeks before we get power back. The net was down yesterday but it is working today. We have the generator running right now we will run it for a few hours then turn it off a few hours then on again. The worst problem we had is a electrical fire in the wall not sure what caused it to happen when it did but when the house was built someone left a wire in the wall not connected. So we saw smoke coming out of the wall. So I ripped the sheet rock off the wall and put the fire out. Then me and my dad repaired the wires. So all that sucked and it stinks in the house. Then we had to spend hours trying to get our water well primed for some reason it took for ever. Not to mention I could not sleep during the storm so I was not happy camper yesterday. However the DW aka TxTink:) slept through the whole storm.:confused3 Now she is mad because she missed it. I probably wont be around as much for awhile but I will check in when I can. Glad to hear all made it through the storm ok.

Be careful, both of you. Glad to see you are OK. Good luck getting things back to near-normal!

Glad you are ok, thanks for letting us know. Is the toy hauler ok?

Hello we are fine thanks for all your thoughts. Some trees came down so we lost power. They said 2 or 3 weeks before we get power back. The net was down yesterday but it is working today. We have the generator running right now we will run it for a few hours then turn it off a few hours then on again. The worst problem we had is a electrical fire in the wall not sure what caused it to happen when it did but when the house was built someone left a wire in the wall not connected. So we saw smoke coming out of the wall. So I ripped the sheet rock off the wall and put the fire out. Then me and my dad repaired the wires. So all that sucked and it stinks in the house. Then we had to spend hours trying to get our water well primed for some reason it took for ever. Not to mention I could not sleep during the storm so I was not happy camper yesterday. However the DW aka TxTink:) slept through the whole storm.:confused3 Now she is mad because she missed it. I probably wont be around as much for awhile but I will check in when I can. Glad to hear all made it through the storm ok.

I am glad you are okay. Be careful during your clean up and take it slowly!

Shelley

I'm glad everyone here is OK after Ike and hopefully everyone that was affected by this hurricane is able to return home soon.

I'm glad we have heard from all of you in Ike's path. Good to hear you are all ok.

Glad to hear everyone is ok. Good luck on the clean up. Trust me, I know what a pain it is to have that stinkin' generator on. 29 days was too much for me. Keep an eye on your computer equipment with the humidity. We lost a lot of our computer equipment because of the humidity. Especially watch the printer ink cartridges...for some reason they just let go in the heat and humidity. We lost a laptop and three printers in the aftermath with no power. Just keep a close eye on them.

deb, if he's not got power, he can't communicate.

Uh.... thanks, Pete. I didn't know that!:rolleyes1 I thought he said something about using his cell to get on-line.

Lone-Star...glad you were able to update us and that you were able to manage your little "BBQ" in the wall without much trouble.:eek: Drywall is cheap to fix! Take care & keep us posted whenever you can.

Got the genney going right now so had to say hello. In our whole neighborhood 2 houses still have power and one is next door and he owns a toy hauler. Just so happens me and my dad put the elec. service in for his trailer. So now we ran 60' of elec.wire and hooked up our 2 trailers. So now we have A/C:woohoo: . In a day or 2 we will get the cable and our router out to the trailers so I will be back online like normal. Hope everybody is doing well and I will be back as soon as I can. Not that it maters but I did not have time for this storm. I only have around 9 weeks to WDW'S FW :woohoo:

Glad to hear everybody is doing OK. Hope the recovery is less than expected and you are up and running sooner than expected.
Loretta

We got just a small piece of this storm last night and power was knoked out to a few thousand people! I can only imagine what it must have been like in Texas. Never been through a hurricane before - typhoon yes, hurricane no. :lmao:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter