Yikes..... here comes Ike

Same here, Lone-Star. I was checking to see if you had posted this morning. Just let us know you're OK, when you can.

Hope we hear from BDR pretty soon, too.

Stay safe everyone. Our thoughts and prayers are with you...LEt us know how your doing when you can.

I just woke up and it is blowing pretty hard here. I checke the on post advisories and then came here to see if Lone Star has checked in. We lost power for only a few minutes last night, but we are on the extreme periphery. Lone Star, I hope you have lots of ice. Hang in there, Debbie is sending help.

I just woke up and it is blowing pretty hard here. I checke the on post advisories and then came here to see if Lone Star has checked in. We lost power for only a few minutes last night, but we are on the extreme periphery. Lone Star, I hope you have lots of ice. Hang in there, Des is sending help.

I wondered if we should start worrying about you yet, Mama. Glad to hear it's OK so far.

It goes for all of you in the path, let us know if we can do anything to help.

At 2:30 am last night the electric company said they had 1.3 million without power and the back side of the storm was still offshore. They said they only have 2 million customers. This is in the Houston area.

We woke up to rain and a little wind this morning. Southwest and American have canceled flights. The main part of the storm should go east of the Metroplex. We should get rain and wind.

It's hard to believe we are this far inland and we are still expected to get tropical force sustained winds.

We lose electricity at even with a little wind. We should have bought that generator for the camper like we were thinking about!

I hope he is okay too. I am not sure where he lived but I thought it was the Katy area near Houston.

We just lost electricity for a few minutes. Not unusual when we get wind. I am turning off my computer now because I am sure it will be going on and off.

Shelley

At 2:30 am last night the electric company said they had 1.3 million without power and the back side of the storm was still offshore. They said they only have 2 million customers. This is in the Houston area.

We woke up to rain and a little wind this morning. Southwest and American have canceled flights. The main part of the storm should go east of the Metroplex. We should get rain and wind.

It's hard to believe we are this far inland and we are still expected to get tropical force sustained winds.

We lose electricity at even with a little wind. We should have bought that generator for the camper like we were thinking about!

In 2004, sustained winds from hurricane Charley were 100+ at my house & I am literally in the dead center of Florida (North-South, East-West). I was amazed the winds kept their strength this far inland and so far north of the point of landfall.:eek:

We are fine....lots of wind, some flooding in alot of areas, but not me in particular....I drove to and from work and didnt have to cross any flooded streets at all. Im kinda diggin this wind, its cool.

Lonestar may be having a rough go of things right now....Michael, be sure to check in as soon as ya can buddy, and I hope you and your family havent suffered any damage. Good Luck

Rog, glad you are fine.

Waiting to hear from Lone Star

Rog glad you and mama are ok. Hope Lonestar and his family are ok. I am sure he is out of power by now. These dang canes always have to come when it is hot. Heck if they came in the winter it would be like camping. At least it would as long as everyone is ok.

But most of us who live in coastal areas have been through a few of them. What doesn't kill us makes us stronger.

I checked with my family who are scattered all over the Houston area....La Porte, The Woodlands, Livingston, Dayton, League City.... no one has power. Cell phone service has been sketchy, but we do get through every once in a while. There's been alot of damage everywhere, but the coastal areas were hit really hard. Luckily the storm surge wasn't as big as expected but it still destroyed entire neighborhoods. I can't imagine how bad it would have been if the surge had been 20 feet like predicted. One whole end of LaPorte has catastrophic flooding. This area has always been prone to flooding, but this is by far the worst ever. Lonestar probably doesn't have any power and hopefully he didn't have any major damage or flooding. It may be a couple of weeks before power is restored and he can post again.

I too hope you are okay Lone-Star. Things do not sound good in the Beaumont area.
My sister in Houston does not have power. She said this storm was really bad, worse than Alicia. My good friend totally lost her beach house in Galveston. Seeing the devastation in Galveston is so sad. We cannot locate another friend in Galveston.
The storm took an east turn so Dallas was spaired the bad winds we were to have. Lucky for us as we had a mandatory drill team fund raiser all day that they refused to cancel. At times the girls were soaked!
I hope all in the path of this massive storm are okay. It is weird when Dallas is under tropical storm warning! It is sad in Texas right now.

We are back home. Our side of town the electricity goes on and off even with a little wind and we have to turn the a/c off to avoid blowing (something?). We went to my parents on the other side of town.

We are East of Dallas in Rockwall County. We had some rain and wind.
A Dallas TV Station has been airing a Houston station all day on one of the high definition channels. It is very sad to see places you go gone.

Mary Anne, I am glad your sister is okay. I hope Lone Star is okay too.

Shelley

In 2004, sustained winds from hurricane Charley were 100+ at my house & I am literally in the dead center of Florida (North-South, East-West). I was amazed the winds kept their strength this far inland and so far north of the point of landfall.:eek:

I am amazed that they can keep their winds too. I just watched the weather on the news and it is entering Arkansas and is still called a tropical storm.

Shelley, I am glad you are okay and power is back. I do not know how much the rest of the country is seeing but our local news here is covering Galveston and other affected areas alot. It is devastating. My prayers to all, especially those in Galveston and Beaumont/Port Arthur. I am sure Lone-Star does not have power. Hopefully we will hear soon. Lots of prayers to you Lone-Star.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter