Yet another reason to love my RV more each day...

I just read it, and my skin is crawling. I know there are some times that we have to stay in a hotel and I hate it. I guess if we ever got rid of our MH I just wouldn't go on vacation. Thou we did stay in a house in the Keys this year and it was very clean, but that doens't always mean anything

When staying in a hotel use the side of bed that does not have the phone. The mattress will be firmer and less used.

And maybe have less bed bugs on that side,:lmao:

When staying in a hotel the first thing you should do when you enter the room is pull the sheets up and check the mattress edge welting and around the buttons if there are any for black stains. If there are any exit the room leaving nothing behind and request another room.

When staying in a hotel the first thing you should do when you enter the room is pull the sheets up and check the mattress edge welting and around the buttons if there are any for black stains. If there are any exit the room leaving nothing behind and request another room.

My son had me do this last fall. We're there, pulling up the mattress and shining the flashlight in the crevices, examining all the nooks and crannies, when my mom comes in (they were staying across the hall and I'd left the door open). I felt so bad -- they were paying for the room, and I felt like it looked like I thought they'd taken us to some hole in the wall, LOL. Whoops!

(For the record, there were no signs and we came away itch-free.)

It is true. We got back from vacation 4 weeks ago and found out this past week we brought them home with us. They are really bad now. One pest control company I spoke with said they are receiving 15-20 bed bug calls per day.

As I have "matured" and developed issues like high blood pressure and elevated cholesterol, vacationing in the RV has become more of a necessity because we are able to cook our own food without all the fat and sodium you get in restaurant fare. I also like the idea that I am not sleeping in the same bed Vinnie and and his latest hookup were in last night.

As I have "matured" and developed issues like high blood pressure and elevated cholesterol, vacationing in the RV has become more of a necessity because we are able to cook our own food without all the fat and sodium you get in restaurant fare. I also like the idea that I am not sleeping in the same bed Vinnie and and his latest hookup were in last night.

And having your portable restroom and coffee maker with you is also helpful as we age!

By the way, thanks for continuing to cover for me with my pen - name "Vinnie"!:thumbsup2 :lmao::lmao:

And having your portable restroom and coffee maker with you is also helpful as we age!

By the way, thanks for continuing to cover for me with my pen - name "Vinnie"!:thumbsup2 :lmao::lmao:

I have moved the coffee maker into the bathroom to save time.

Disney is always having issues with bed bugs. No, you won't see that on the news, but it is a real problem. Back in the winter of 2007-2008, they had to close 1/3 of the Caribbean Beach Club and a lot of rooms at the All-Star resorts due to bed bugs. All the mattresses had to be destroyed and the rooms fumigated.

I hate to think there's a connection between cleanliness and income level, or cleanliness and cultural background, but a friend of ours who is a manager in the Mousekeeping department sure encounters a lot more trouble of this nature in the low end resorts rather than the high $$$ resorts. She says they churn mattresses a lot faster at Disney than when she was a regional manager with Marriott. Scary, huh?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter