Yet Another Cart Question

stillh2o said:
Funny You will stand in line 60-90 min. for a 3 min ride at the parks but you can't wait a few mins for a bus kind of silly. :confused3
I won't stand in line for that long. Well, maybe for Peter Pan.

The internal FW busses are generally fast, but it is annoying to have to transfer to a second bus or boat.

We've never rented a golf cart, but I imagine the freedom it gives you is worth it to a lot of people. Most of us are not used to public transportation and feel stifled having to wait for a bus/boat/monorail that runs on someone else's schedule.

If all goes well I hope to rent a cart for our next trip. I know my kids (5 &2) will love it! And they walk so slowly.

When they are older, bikes sound like a great idea!

Gillian said:
I won't stand in line for that long. Well, maybe for Peter Pan.

The internal FW busses are generally fast, but it is annoying to have to transfer to a second bus or boat.

We've never rented a golf cart, but I imagine the freedom it gives you is worth it to a lot of people. Most of us are not used to public transportation and feel stifled having to wait for a bus/boat/monorail that runs on someone else's schedule.

This is me, too. I don't stand in line for long periods of time like that. We don't have (very much) public transportation where I am and I've never been without my own vehicle anyway.

I don't like being closed up on anything so I couldn't imagine being on a bus to get where I need to go. :::shudder:::

Thanks for all the replies! Sound like this is a hot button issue. We have decided that the extra cost is justified for our kids....plus DH is a major golfer and I think he wants to tool around in the cart. Thanks again for the info...stand by for more questions!

We just got back yesterday from a 7 day stay, 3 without a cart - 4 with.

I have to say that I definately enjoyed the cart and it certainly didn't sit around our site, not with my teenagers. They loved driving it around the campground, going around the loops, taking it to the pool or fireworks. We didn't have to wait for buses either, which was a plus.

Coming from a state that's close to Canada, you can imagine how the Florida heat affected us. OMG I thought I was melting. The cart was an answer to our prayers. When you add the price of a cart onto the cost of camping, it comes out to be about the same as a budget resort hotel I suppose....if price is a concern. But really, when you're there look around at some of the RVs parked there, some are probably worth more than our homes. Somehow I don't think cost is an issue with many who choose FW rather it's the campground itself. Without a doubt, the most beautiful campground I've ever stayed at.

If you can afford it .......get a cart. You can boat to MK and take a bus to MGM from the Settlement bus stop, but you have to catch a bus at the Depot bus stop for Epcot (etc.) and that's quite a walk --- in the HOT florida sun. ;)

Hi! I just reserved a golf cart through Disney. Do they only have 4 seaters???

I am also looking at Golf Cart Enterprises. Since we are there for 14 days, I believe that they might be the way to go. Does anyone know if you could just pay the monthly rate even if you are planning on using it for 2 weeks. I would think that it would be in their best interest because they could rent it out again.

The rates off their site are:
4 pass-$150 week
$ 275 month

6 pass-$225 week
$350 month

both have a $50 RT drop off and pick up.

Thanks for everyone's time!

snackpackgu said:
We just got back yesterday from a 7 day stay, 3 without a cart - 4 with.

I have to say that I definately enjoyed the cart and it certainly didn't sit around our site, not with my teenagers. They loved driving it around the campground, going around the loops, taking it to the pool or fireworks. We didn't have to wait for buses either, which was a plus.

Coming from a state that's close to Canada, you can imagine how the Florida heat affected us. OMG I thought I was melting. The cart was an answer to our prayers. When you add the price of a cart onto the cost of camping, it comes out to be about the same as a budget resort hotel I suppose....if price is a concern. But really, when you're there look around at some of the RVs parked there, some are probably worth more than our homes. Somehow I don't think cost is an issue with many who choose FW rather it's the campground itself. Without a doubt, the most beautiful campground I've ever stayed at.

If you can afford it .......get a cart. You can boat to MK and take a bus to MGM from the Settlement bus stop, but you have to catch a bus at the Depot bus stop for Epcot (etc.) and that's quite a walk --- in the HOT florida sun. ;)

I hope your teenagers were licensed drivers. FW rules state that the drivers must be at least 18 years of age.

I just called the 1-407-824-2742 number and the recording said that you must be 18 to rent and 16 w/ a valid DL to drive. I guess I passed both! :rotfl:

Disney security will stop carts with "violations." (like no headlights or underage drivers) They stopped my DH and two other carts just on his night excursion. (our lights went out on our cart) Not to scare you, but it is always good to stay on your toes.

I think the main difference of waiting in line for a bus and waiting in line for a ride is at the end of the wait for the ride, you actually get to do something worth the wait. To wait for a bus, boat, or any other type of transportation, you know that when you actually reach your destination, you get to go and wait in line AGAIN! I don't mind waiting for a great meal, but when it is over, I HATE waiting for the check!
We have never stayed at FW, but I have heard negative things about transportation to and from. My family is really excited about staying there and we will definately be bringing the cart with us. My DD is 13 and drives all around our area, it will be hard explaining to her that she won't be able to drive it but hey, life is rough sometimes isn't it!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter