Yet Another Cart Question

southjerseymom

DIS Veteran
Hi! We have booked a cart for our trip in Feb 06. We will not have a car. I have read some bad reviews about bus service in FW. Mostly about having to get 2 busses to get to theme parks. I don't want to sound like an idiot - but will having a cart cut out one of the busses so that we should be ok with transportation? Thanks for your help - you can probably expect more newbie questions from me in the months to come!

Having a cart will allow you to park the cart at either of the main bus stops so you can catch a direct bus to any of the parks or DTD or To catch the boat to MK.

You will be very happy with the amount of time that having a cart cuts down on your wait time. There is plenty of parking at either bus stop.

We just got back from a 10 night stay and believe me the cart was well worth it!!! We used it to go to the pool and to each bus station. I didnt book it for enough night and when I tried to book our cart for one extra night we were out of luck. Let me tell you we really missed that cart when we had to stand on a crowded bus. It is well worth every penny. You will love it!

southjerseymom said:
Thanks for all the replies! I have another crazy cart question.....does it have headlights?

Yepper...They do have headlights... :sunny:

We used to rent a cart found a big waste of money 90% of the time the cart sat at the bus stops. Is $50 a day worth saving a little time.Funny You will stand in line 60-90 min. for a 3 min ride at the parks but you can't wait a few mins for a bus kind of silly. :confused3

stillh2o said:
We used to rent a cart found a big waste of money 90% of the time the cart sat at the bus stops. Is $50 a day worth saving a little time.Funny You will stand in line 60-90 min. for a 3 min ride at the parks but you can't wait a few mins for a bus kind of silly. :confused3

We just got back today from our trip and I don't think I'll ever camp without renting a golf cart. While we weren't too far (loop 500) from the marina and such, we were quite a ways from the pool/bike barn. It's way too hot to walk (we had to b/f our cart was ready) and I'm not a bus person. We don't own bikes, so that's not an option either.

Yes, the carts are very pricey but well worth it depending on where your loop is and what places you think you'll spend the most time.

If you don't want to spend the money then just don't. No need for abrasive remarks to someone with a different opinion than you.

stillh2o said:
We stay in the 800 or 700 loop we love to walk it takes 8 min to walk to the marina and 2 mins to walki to the pool. So if you take $50 a night for cart $80 for site and you have not gone to the parks. Im glad you are rich MMLONG3996 but some of us are on a budget wasting $300 for a 6 day trip to just let it sit at a bus stop is silly to me. Disney is glad there is rich people like you that loves wasting money.

Not rich at all...that's for sure! I live an hour away from WDW and we didn't go to the parks while we were there. And to be honest, we wouldn't go to the parks at all if we weren't given FL Resident Seasonal Passes. Since they are currently blacked-out, we make the most of the time we're able to go camping. And since this was out first time camping at Ft. Wilderness, it's all still new to us. And since I had a golf cart to use this weekend, I was able to ride around the entire campground and see what loops I'd request on my next trip. With a 5 year old and a 3 year old, that wouldn't have been possible without a golf cart.

That's all I'm saying. It's not for everyone, but it works for us. :sunny:

stillh2o said:
We stay in the 800 or 700 loop we love to walk it takes 8 min to walk to the marina and 2 mins to walki to the pool. So if you take $50 a night for cart $80 for site and you have not gone to the parks. Im glad you are rich MMLONG3996 but some of us are on a budget wasting $300 for a 6 day trip to just let it sit at a bus stop is silly to me. Disney is glad there is rich people like you that loves wasting money.
stillh20,
I find your remarks totally uncalled for and out of line. Just because someone rented a cart doesn't mean they are rich. I would love to rent a cart everytime I go but sometimes the budget just does not allow it. Maybe you cannot justify (or afford) renting a cart but that does not mean you need to be snide to others that do. :sad2: :sad2:

I was just saying the carts are not the greats thing and some post make it seem of you don't have one you will no be able you get around. We love to walk from loop to loop and talk to the people. So if you can justify having a cart sit around 90% of the time that is good for you but to me waste of money. The bus system that WDW is done very well.

We took out first trip to FW in June and did not have a cart. I cannot say enough that we will NEVER do that again! It would have been so much easier to have a cart with us. You were smart to rent one! Have a great trip!

With little kids a cart is a marvelous thing! They love it as much as any ride and it really makes enjoying FW much easier!! When we rent one (and we always do!!!) it doesn't sit 90% of the time. We go to the parks for a little while and then enjoy FW or sometimes we don't go to the parks at all. We hope to own our own golf cart someday, but until then we'll be renting.

Having a cart is great it makes moving around alot easer. But if you are reading these post and new to FW and on a budget they are not a need just nice to have.

stillh2o said:
So if you can justify having a cart sit around 90% of the time that is good for you but to me waste of money. The bus system that WDW is done very well.

But, ours didn't sit around 90% of the time. We used it constantly. If we weren't driving it somewhere in particular, the kids and I hopped on and just rode around for the fun of it! They had a great time on it. I know that it isn't necessary, or even something I will get everytime. But, I will certainly try to and make very good use of it when I have it!

We love having a cart every time we go to Ft. Wilderness. My kids love them, and now they are old enough to drive them, they take their cousins to the pool, to the beach, to the trading post. It adds to the fun of our vacation.

We were there for 13 nights and didn't have a cart. They looked fun but we just couldn't justify the price.

We brought our bikes. We have a seat for our DD3 and she usually rides with my husband although the seat can be put on my bike in less than 30 seconds.

We found biking great as it gave us a reason to justify the Mickey Bars! ha ha

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter