YES, I'm taking pics of the food, get over it! aka : our summer dining reviews :)

I'm in!!!

I just love :lovestruc Kona, its definately one of our favorites!! I was thinking about getting the coconut almond chicken on our upcoming trip, did you mom find it real good or just okay good????

Can't wait for more. popcorn::

ok, i'm in too. i'm officially hooked on your reports.. i see that 2 very important characters didn't join you on this trip... must've been like a dream come true!

mmmm... california rolls.... sushi....

any idea if you can order the sushi from the Kona Island bar while dining at 'Ohana?

I don't know about 'Ohana. The sushi bar is right next to Kona so I guess it's more practical. But you could stop on the way & have sushi before your 'Ohana dinner!

Seconding the question about the sushi - did you order it from Kona Cafe or bring it with? Looks like you ordered it.

Yup, we ordered it. They added a sushi menu on the back of the dinner menu and you can get any kind they offer at the bar.

I'm in!!!

I just love :lovestruc Kona, its definately one of our favorites!! I was thinking about getting the coconut almond chicken on our upcoming trip, did you mom find it real good or just okay good????

Can't wait for more. popcorn::

She thought it was really good. She loves anything with coconut in it though. What she liked best was the almonds and tiny bits of pineapple in the salad.

ok, i'm in too. i'm officially hooked on your reports.. i see that 2 very important characters didn't join you on this trip... must've been like a dream come true!

:rotfl:

Yay! Ok I have my bib on, lets roll, I mean drool!

That really made me laugh !!!! I'll always picture you with a bib on now.

The last 2 times we'd been at Chef Mickey's, it had been for dinner. We are definitely NOT doing dinner again. Breakfast was much, much better.

One word of caution : they are doing a LOT of construction right now around Chef Mickey's. When we arrived, the noise was so bad we actually considered skipping our reservation. We got lucky though because the workers went on their lunch break at that time (about 11am). Chef Mickey's is a noisy place to begin with, but with hammers and drills on top of the usual chaos it can be too much.

Okay now on to the food...

DSC00136.jpg

My mom's first plate, the basics : scrambled eggs, bacon, breakfast potatoes and french toast.

DSC00141.jpg

My first plate : bacon, eggs, Mickey waffle, peanut butter & jelly pizza, breakfast potatoes.

DSC00148.jpg

The very, very bad plate with a tiny bit of healthy stuff thrown in :
Brownie, apple turnover, donut, cinnamon roll, and fruit.
(You can't really see it but under the cinnamon roll there's hash brown patty from the kid's buffet.)

Neither of us liked the breakfast potatoes. They had an odd sort of mac'n'cheese taste to them, and were too gooey for our taste. The PB&J pizza is like a little slice of heaven.

The buffet has two identical sides. If something is missing from one, go check the other side ! On one side the scrambled eggs were very very cooked - yuck - but on the other, they were runny just the way I like them.

Character interaction was great ! Pluto sat at our table and asked for a cup of coffee. The other characters were great as well, and since the place wasn't busy anymore, we had plenty of time with them.

DSC00149.jpg

DSC00143.jpg
DSC00145.jpg

DSC00147.jpg
DSC00151.jpg

A+ for Chef Mickey's breakfast this trip !

Excellent! A dining review too!:thumbsup2 We are doing CM's for breakfast for our upcoming trip and your pics make me want to be there now!

~Beka~

I've have been on the fence with CM's. I have been wondering whether or not to cancel our ADR for breakfast there in November. Seeing your pics and reading your reviews, I'm really looking forward to it! Thanks for posting!

Chef Mickey's looks great. I think I might have to include this one in our plans.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter