Yellow Flies - possible deterrent?

I've been here since Sunday and i've been bitten several times and have welts and huge bite marks on my legs. I'm the only one out of the 7 of us that keeps getting bit by those suckers! And once they bite and land on you, they seem to keep chiming back for more!

It's not too bad during the day but late afternoon and evening seems to be worse!

Well, I have to say that after all the paranoia about the yellow flies, they aren't that bad for us. So far, since Thurs, we have only seen 3. One landed on dh who was wearing spray with deet and he flew away. And we forgot our ball traps at home! We have been running the fans and wearing spray with deet and so far so good. We are in the 2000 loop, near the bus stop.

Well Good News We've been here since yesterday and have not seen a single yellow fly so maybe they are finally gone. We're in Big Bear Little Bear.

Grrrr, not a single problem at Fort Wilderness but we take a day trip to Wakaiva Springs and guess who got bit not once, but twice by freaking yellow flies??? They aren't itching though. I put preperation H on the right away!!

Because of the yellow flies and other pesty bugs, is a screen room recommended for camping at the fort in July? We'll be camping in my sister's 5th wheel that has an awning but no screen attachment. I am wondering if it is worth it to buy a cheap screen room to go around the picnic table or invest in some attachment for the trailer's awning.

Any advice would be appreciated!

FWIW - I'm still itchy, and I've been home since June 2. Most of the early bites are almost fully gone, but the later ones are still a bit red and get itchy.

I have never experienced any kind of bite like this one.

It's good to hear they're almost completely gone.

Anyone seen any of the yellow flies around lately, we are heading down for a week starting this Saturday. Our kids don't do well with bug bites, they swell up pretty good from almost any bite, I would love to hear that these things are gone now...

Thanks

We just got back yesterday from a week trip. Saw about 8 during the whole time. Almost none the last few days.

We just got back yesterday from a week trip. Saw about 8 during the whole time. Almost none the last few days.
Not for nuthin' :) :)

But I only saw a few, less than 5, the whole time, yet that's all it took.

It was only 1 that kept buzzing around me at at the pool, and I had the welts to prove it did plenty of damage.

It's good to hear there aren't that many!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter