Year-End Round-Up December 2022 Exercise Thread

It's after midnight, so I can officially wish you all a Merry Christmas 🎅 🎄
+105 minutes from the 22nd, 23rd, and 24th. A mix of walking, biking, Christmas music dancing, and yoga.
575/700

After church in the morning, we're hopping in the car for a 10 hour drive to see hubby's family in Tennessee. Hopefully we'll be able to get some walking in at a rest stop or something, but if not, I'll check in with you all later in the week.

Congratulations to Elizabeth Smith for turning Performances Pink!

We're up to September:

DLR ended the run of Disneyland Forever fireworks and the Main Street Electrical Parade on September 1. But that made way to start Halloweentime on September 2, which included Halloween Screams fireworks, the Plaza de la Familia, and the Oogie Boogie Bash.

The D23 Expo was held at the Anaheim Convention Center on September 9-11.

Disney celebrated Disney+ Day on September 8. Disney+ Day was in November in 2021 (November is the anniversary of the Disney+ launch), but it apparently moved to September this year to coordinate with the D23 Expo.

WDW saw the return of popular character meals, with the Crystal Palace character buffet back on September 20 and the Ohana character breakfast back on September 27.

Last edited:

Congratulations to PollyannaMom and to me for turning Performances Pink!

In October:

Epcot celebrated its 40th anniversary on October 1. In conjunction with the anniversary, some Epcot behind-the-scenes tours returned!

The overseas parks all joined in the Halloween fun: Tokyo, Shanghai, Hong Kong, and Paris.

WDW celebrated the largest-ever Historically Black Colleges and Universities Week.

'AMA 'AMA restaurant reopened at Aulani Resort on October 14.

Shanghai Disney closed abruptly on October 31 due to COVID concerns. Guests were locked into the park and not allowed to leave until they tested negative (though at least the park did continue to operate rides while guests awaited test results).

I hope everyone has been enjoying the holidays! Ours have not been without challenges, but we still managed to have a nice time. One of our horses is in the clinic for an infection, and her bday is on Christmas day so it was sad not to get to pamper her like we usually do. Plus, we've been passing covid around our house. I was the least sick. DD had a rough go of it despite being fully vaxed, and now DH started showing symptoms today. He has had the fewest vaccines, so I'm a bit worried about him. Like a lot of the country, we had a white Christmas which is not normal for us. It was pretty but so, so cold. Chickens and horses did surprisingly well through it all. Even the feral cats we feed on our porch made it through. We have one neighborhood cat that cosplays as a feral but isn't really, and she also did well despite being super tiny and the world's best door dasher. Her mom called us worried about her asking us to let her know if we saw her, and sure enough, she showed up, so we brought her in until they could pick her up and take her back indoors. I hope she doesn't escape again anytime soon! She had been missing for over a week by the time she showed up at our house. Scrappy little thing! I am amazed at how well the outside animals did despite having a wind chill of - 20 during the worst of it. I think that's the coldest I've ever seen it get here.

I put in a lot of time at the barn before getting sick and have done a bit here and there during and after, so I have 895 minutes to add since last check in - mostly horse related, but also a few pahla b videos and one regular walk.

2630/2000

Here are some holiday decor pics taken during our WDW trip:

1672202549012.jpeg
Animal Kingdom Lodge Jambo

1672202602969.jpeg
Gingerbread animals at AKL Jambo

1672202677679.jpeg
One of the trees at Fort Wilderness

1672202853380.jpeg
Wreath in the Fort Wilderness stables

1672202929709.jpeg
Tree at Animal Kingdom Park

1672203041024.jpeg
Daisy and Donald near Dinosaur at AK Park

1672203257762.jpeg
Wreath at the Grand Floridian - I have tree and gingerbread house pics, too, but there were massive crowds so the pics aren't great.

1672203495679.jpeg
Tree at MK

1672203533510.jpeg
We had a great view of the parade during our lunch at Tony's. Did not plan that, but was thankful it happened.

1672203592518.jpeg
Epcot's tree

Last edited:
33 minutes in the treadmill. It was -11 here this weekend, and that level of cold really kills my desire for exercise. I'm hoping Jan 1 and all the New Year's vibes will bring it back. In the meantime, we finally decided on our next trip home! Going over Labor Day weekend, and hoping to be healthy enough to take on Tron!

197/400

Congratulations to Twilight Sparkle for jumping to Galactic Starcruiser Green! And thanks so much for sharing the holiday photos with us. I especially like the Fort Wilderness wreath.

2022 saw the opening of the Star Wars Galactic Starcruiser (also known as the Star Wars Hotel). It's a unique 2-night immersive experience that includes activities on the Starcruiser as well as a shore excursion to the planet of Batuu. If you want to live Star Wars, this is the place!

DH and I were lucky enough to be on the first sailing, starting March 1. Here's a review of that sailing, which had several well-known vloggers aboard. DH decided on a whim to join the Sabacc (card game) tournament, and ended up winning the whole thing! You can see him at about 12:30 on this Ordinary Adventures video. (He's the one in the High Republic outfit, with the white cloak. OA ended up buying him a Fiery Mustafarian drink as a congratulations, which was super nice of them!)

Congratulations to Oneanne and me for turning New Rides Red, and to the TEAM for turning Performances Pink!

WDW had the big new 2022 ride--Guardians of the Galaxy: Cosmic Rewind at Epcot, which opened on May 27 after 5 years of construction and a reported expenditure of $500 million. To experience this attraction, you'll visit the first Epcot pavilion representing another planet, the Wonders of Xandar. Part of the fun is that you'll get one of six different soundtracks (or during the holiday period, you'll get an entirely different holiday soundtrack)!

Disneyland Paris also introduced a couple of new rides this year when it opened the Marvel Avengers Campus on July 20--Spider-Man W.E.B. Adventure and Avengers Assemble: Flight Force. However, the Spider-Man ride is the same as the Web Slingers ride at Disney California Adventure and the Avengers Assemble ride has the same track as Rock 'n' Roller Coaster at Hollywood Studios (it was a retheme of the Paris version of RNR). There is a rumor that guests and executives alike were disappointed by Avengers Assemble and it may be closed next year for updating.

We're up to November!

The parks started celebrating the holiday season:

Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party started on November 8.

Over at DLR, they kicked off the holiday season on November 11.

Tokyo Disney Resort brought back Disney Christmas on November 16.

At Disneyland Paris, Disney Enchanted Christmas began November 21.

The Epcot International Festival of Holidays started November 25.

Hong Kong's Disney Christmas also returned.

In other news:

Fantasmic! returned to Hollywood Studios on November 3.

Blizzard Beach reopened on November 13, with new Frozen touches in the Tike's Peak area.

Tokyo DisneySea premiered the new lagoon show Believe! Sea of Dreams on November 11.

Shanghai Disney Resort was closed for much of the month, reopening on November 25 after the abrupt closure on October 31. But it was open for only 4 days before being shuttered again on November 29 until December 8.

And finally, on November 20, Disney announced that Bob Chapek was no longer CEO, and that Bob Iger was returning.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter