Year-End Round-Up December 2022 Exercise Thread

43 minutes at PT this morning. I'm trying to decide if I'm going to count 2 hours of running volunteer work which was mostly wrapping presents for foster kids, but also running up and down stairs. Stairs are not my favorite. :P

Raya - 141/400

I'd count at least part of that if it were me!

Hi! Sorry I disappeared from the thread for a while. (I was off taking care of a sick family member who is doing better now.)

I'd like to change my goal to 350 and jump back in if that's OK.

I have 50 minutes since my last post.

135/350

Of course! Glad to hear your family member is doing better. Caregiving is hard work and all-encompassing.

I'm back from my trips! Adding 1610 walking minutes.

1735/2000

Sorry people have been sick. Add me to that list. I was sick for most of our Disney trip and didn't feel like myself again until our last park day. It was just a stomach bug, no fever, no other symptoms, thank goodness, but it did mean I didn't feel fantastic and couldn't enjoy the food until the last day, including our one dessert party where I ate a whopping 4 grapes and that was it. So sad about that! I need a do over. I'm suspicious that it was all due to the dirty Splash Mountain water that ended up in my mouth due to being in the front row.

Welcome back Twilight Sparkle and congratulations for jumping right to Performances Pink! And I have moved to MagicBand+ Purple.

The first half of the year saw both new and returning performances in the parks and resorts:

Voices of Liberty returned to the rotunda of The American Adventure on January 9.
Mickey's Mix Magic returned to DLR (for a limited time) on January 10.
At MK, the Disney Adventure Friends Cavalcade started February 11 and Mickey's Magical Friendship Faire (50th anniversary version) started February 25.
At DLR, they presented Celebrate Gospel on February 19 and 26.
The Garden Rocks concert series returned to Epcot for the Flower & Garden festival, starting in March.
The KA WA'A Lu'au returned to Aulani on March 27.
The Disneyland Forever fireworks show and Main Street Electrical Parade returned to DLR in April.
Fantasmic! returned to DLR and a revamped
Tale of Lion King show started at DL park, both on Memorial Day weekend.
Hong Kong Disneyland debuted a new nighttime spectacular, Momentous, in June.
Animal Kingdom premiered Finding Nemo: The Big Blue and Beyond on June 11.
At Fort Wilderness, the Hoop-Dee-Doo Musical Revue resumed on June 23.

Sorry people have been sick. Add me to that list. I was sick for most of our Disney trip and didn't feel like myself again until our last park day. It was just a stomach bug, no fever, no other symptoms, thank goodness, but it did mean I didn't feel fantastic and couldn't enjoy the food until the last day, including our one dessert party where I ate a whopping 4 grapes and that was it. So sad about that! I need a do over. I'm suspicious that it was all due to the dirty Splash Mountain water that ended up in my mouth due to being in the front row.

So sorry you couldn't enjoy the food! That's one of the best parts of a Disney trip. Ick to Splash water!

Congratulations to PollyannaMom for turning MagicBand+ Purple and to Oneanne for turning Performances Pink!

The second half of the year also saw returning and new performances:

On October 27, the Thunderbirds did a flyover of the Magic Kingdom.

Fantasmic! returned to Hollywood Studios on November 3.

Believe! Sea of Dreams premiered at Tokyo DisneySea on November 11.

And for the holiday season:

WDW had the Candlelight Processional at Epcot, castle projections at MK, the Merry Menagerie and Festive Flotillas at AK, and Sunset Seasons Greetings and Santa Claus motorcade at DHS.

Disneyland Resort brought back the Christmas Fantasy Parade and Believe . . . In Holiday Magic Fireworks at DL park, and the Festival of Holidays, which included performances by many different bands and cultural groups, at DCA.

Disneyland Paris featured Disney! Dreams of Christmas and Mickey's Dazzling Christmas Parade as well as the Disney D-light drone show.

Tokyo Disney Resort brought back Disney Christmas for the first time in three years, including a parade at Tokyo Disneyland and performances at Tokyo DisneySea.

And Shanghai Disney offered Christmas performances, as did Hong Kong Disneyland.

Wow, what a cold snap! Hope everyone is keeping warm.

Back in July:

The Disney Wish set out on her maiden voyage on July 14.

Also on July 14, the Food and Wine Festival started at Epcot. (Am I the only one who thinks that July is too hot to be enjoying the food booths as they should be appreciated?)

On July 20, the Walt Disney Studios Park at Disneyland Paris opened the Marvel Avengers Campus. Here's a description of the pre-opening ceremony on July 19.

At the Grand Floridian, Victoria & Albert's reopened on July 28.

In August:

WDW was the first park to jump into the Halloween season by starting Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party on August 4.

WDW also hosted the Warrior Games.

Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique reopened at the Magic Kingdom on August 25.

Over at DLR, after a lot of anxious speculation, Disney finally reopened Magic Keys for renewal, but not for new sales.

DLR also hosted the 30th anniversary CHOC event (a fundraiser for Children's Health Orange County) on August 27.

And finally, Vero Beach Resort kicked off the 15th annual Tour de Turtles, a "competition" between tagged sea turtles to see who will end up swimming the most miles (or kilometers) during the migration season. This year's turtles were named after characters from the new Avatar movie.

Merry Christmas to those who are celebrating Christmas, and a happy weekend to those who aren't!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter