Yay! We found an RV to rent and we're going to be there in April!!!

Since renting out your rv is pretty much a business operation, I hope the insurance company is aware of this just in case something happens to the rv or even more important, the renter or another individual.

Since renting out your rv is pretty much a business operation, I hope the insurance company is aware of this just in case something happens to the rv or even more important, the renter or another individual.

The local guy here includes the insurance cost in the final rental price, and its actually pretty reasonable...like 15-25 a day depending on the age and or price of the unit....economy class mh is about 150 a day if you rent for more than 10 days and includes 100 miles a day free.

Tinah...you got him beat with convenience, service and price! I think you're providing a great service to DISers

That reminds me of something Ive been wanting to ask...since an RV can be written off as a second home, do you need homeowners insurance? or is it just the typical auto insurance?

I talked to her about that and she's got commercial insurance and is in compliance with everything she needs. She really did her homework on this and I think it's a great idea.

When our family will be renting from Tina as well! :woohoo: She has been such a pleasure to work with thus far. She has quickly responded to each of my emails. I'm very anxious for our upcoming trip now!

Thanks again, Tina!:hug:

-Becky

I saw a link to Tinah159s website once on here, and I did a search but cant find it now...anyone have it?

I dont know if her TT is exactly like the one in the gallery (as far as decorating scheme) but DAAANG, thats a sweet crib! And WAAY cheaper than the cabins even when you factor in the site fee.

I just got off of TINAH159s NEW site...great, easy to remember name...campatthefort.com its got photos of the inside and out of her actual trailer, and it looks great.

Great site, we actually looked at that model when we where buying, but decided to to get a TT so we could bring a golf cart, now all we have to do is find a golf cart... anybody got one for sale?

How much do golf carts cost? I dont mean the tricked out ones..Just a run of the mill.

I have found them from $1500 to about $2900 for a couple year old models. I have found some run down junk ones for about $500 and they needed completely rebuilt. I looked at your calender, you are doing great!!! If you like I will put a link on my new site if you do the same for me.
Let me know.
John

I couldnt rebuild one if my life depended on it..I really cant afford a cart, but am dreaming of one.

Here in Louisiana the cheapest used cart dealer has 2004 36v 2seater EZ-GOs for $2200....Im keeping my eyes open for something that runs but needs a new body to come along in the $1000 range that I can put a '57 chevy body kit on.

How much do golf carts cost? I dont mean the tricked out ones..Just a run of the mill.

Depends if you want gas or elec. New, used or abused. I have seen people giving away older elec. carts that just need batteries but a set of those I thank is around $600. Tungopo could tell you better than me. I bought mine used its a gas yamaha then put a lift on it my self. If your are looking for a deal on one watch craigslist.com that were I bought mine

I will start checking Craigs list. I am not ready to buy but I need to gain a little knowledge before getting my sights set on one!

I will start checking Craigs list. I am not ready to buy but I need to gain a little knowledge before getting my sights set on one!

You might want to try what I did.
We have a seasonal site in upstate NY..near Saratoga Springs. I e-mailed every golf course in two counties asking if they were selling any of their carts. Found out alot of courses lease their carts now..but finally I did come across a new owner of a course who was planning on replacing all the older Yamaha gas carts he had with new electric carts at the end of the season. We waited and we got a very good deal on ours. No middle man..so we saved.

I just wanted to add to the discussion re: renting a trailer and tow vehicle that you may not be familiar with. I grew up in a family with heavy duty pickup trucks and trailers, and am very comfortable with them (not an expert, but very familiar with how different a travel trailer pulls compared to a utility trailer). LarryJ had a great point. We did our first rental combination in Utah in Aug 2008, renting a pickup from one company and trailer from another (they refer to each other). Things to consider:

You are usually geared up and ready for vacation, patience is a virtue here and taking the time to be sure of the proper set up and connection is time well spent. First truck we were shown to had what appeared to be low tire pressure on the passenger side front. Rental agent just instructed me to go to the nearest service center and fill it up. Being more safety minded I asked him if he thought a brand new truck with 2000 miles should be losing air? Found a nail in the tire and switched trucks.

Fast forward to the trailer place, now about an hour behind schedule and we are shown to our rental trailer by a 17yo kid. Very friendly and nice, but... the pavement in front of the trailer was sloped upward more than a foot at the front of the truck. Being in a rush with everyone waiting, plus considering the exit from the facility not being very RV friendly, I had too much on my mind to realize that we were being connected to the trailer with the trailer ball set too high. In addition, they did not check how much weight was on the trailer hitch, and the kid did not connect the sway bar. For those not experienced in towing this way, you can end up with too much weight on the rear of the trailer and a potential for nearly uncontrollable trailer sway when you reach about 45 mph (typically as you are trying to merge onto the highway in traffic and are already distracted).

The attached photo shows the set up with the rear of the trailer about 4 inches too low (not easy to see). We ended up being perfectly fine, and did not have problems during the trip, but there was that constant nagging feeling because I did not set the trailer up myself, and did not have the proper tools to correct the problem once we left the rental place. I would do it again, but would plan more time and patience during the set up part. We had a very fun vacation and I would recommend it to many who do not want the cost of owning their own trailer or who may not have a place to keep it stored. This vacation was the deal clincher where we decided what we wanted in a trailer and we bought our first used TT as a family two months later.

SUC50541.jpg

Tinah,

What is the minimum amount of days to rent? You should provide email address on your site unless I missed it.

I attempted your email and PM but It was giving an error.

Thanks

Mike

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter