Yay! We found an RV to rent and we're going to be there in April!!!

Disneymom1220

Earning My Ears
Just wanted to update all of you that responding to my thread about renting an RV that we have booked our trip for April 26th. I'm so excited!!!:cool1:

We ended up contacting tinah159 who is a poster on this thread and rents out her trailer to other DISers. What a great find! She and her husband are going to set up the trailer, it is fully stocked, and the layout of the trailer includes a bunkhouse which will be perfect for us since we have 2 children. The price is right in line with other rental places except those places don't include setup, linens, pots and pans, etc. I've booked a preferred campsite for 7 nights.

If anyone else is interested in doing something similar, feel free to PM me and I can give you the information I found about renting RVs as I was researching this option. I really think it is going to be a great experience for our family.

I'm sure I'll be posting much more as my planning progresses. Thanks to all of you for your input!

Congratulations, of course now you will be bitten by the bug, and days after returning home, you will be hitting every rv dealer within driving distance looking for one of your own. Relax, it only took us about 9 months to find the latest tt that we just bought.

Have a great time and keep us updated.

Congratulations! You're gonna love it.:cool1: I think Tina is great..and the conveniece of having it placed on site and set up along with all your linens, table and silverware is a big plus. Who wants to have to pack any of that. I checked out the layout of the unit you are renting and it's very family friendly. I like that both the kids and parents have seperate sleeping areas..without having to convert any of the living area to sleeping in the evenings. Makes for a much more convenient trip..especially with little ones. Plenty of space. I'm hoping to get the hubby to make the trip this year..since he doesn't want to tow our unit from NY to FL...this would be a good compromise for us. I want to stay in FW..but not the cabins..and he doesn't want to tow. Please let us know how you enjoyed your trip..we'll be watching for your review!

This sounds like a great way to experience RV/Ft. Wilderness style before committing to buying. I would be interested in hearing how it turns out since I am plannning a big 5-0 trip in 2009 and my sister will need to rent. I sent her the link to the site that was posted and she was definitely interested. How soon ahead do you need to book with them?

Only thing I can think of better is if they furnished the liquor with the camper. Aw heck, can't have everything in a rental.

They need to send a golf cart with that trailer:banana: . Congrats on finding the RV

Now that would be one camping trip. Everything set up, beer cold and sitting in the cup holders of the lounge chairs. All ya have to do it sit and enjoy. You're gonna spoil the new campers.

Don't need underwear, just something else you have to worry about washing when you get home.

I will definately spoil them. Besides, it gives me another reason to go to WDW! Its a win-win situation.

Donna, I'm not sure how in advance you need to book with Tina - I'm sure it depends on the time of year you are traveling and I'm sure Tina is going to get busier as more people find out about her. Tina could probably tell you best how much lead time she needs.

I could definitely see us getting bit by the bug. Camping seems like such a great way to spend close family time together. And since I'm not hardcore enough to do it in tents, this seems like a great path for us!

Tina, feel free to spoil us all you want. ;)

I'm hoping to be organized enough to write a trip report when I get back. I would love to have it as a memory down the road and I'll be sure to post it when I do it.

This sounds like a great way to experience RV/Ft. Wilderness style before committing to buying. I would be interested in hearing how it turns out since I am plannning a big 5-0 trip in 2009 and my sister will need to rent. I sent her the link to the site that was posted and she was definitely interested. How soon ahead do you need to book with them?

Donna..off topic..but I can't help myself. I love how you've decorated your Disney Shrubery for Christmas! I still have to get myself one of those, they are adorable..you certainly are in the holiday spirit!

Donna..off topic..but I can't help myself. I love how you've decorated your Disney Shrubery for Christmas! I still have to get myself one of those, they are adorable..you certainly are in the holiday spirit!

LOL, thanks! I was so tempted to put those away for the winter but i remembered how nice they looked with their santa hats on and a spotlight on mickey, so i just had to leave them out again. I almost hate taking them off this weekend and they'll be bare again! I got those lights at the settlement store, wish i'd gotten more! It's fun to watch people ride by and point to the topiaries!

You can't tell in those pictures how big the topiaries are. The mickey is almost 4 ft. and the pluto is as big as a golden retriever!

Hello everyone! I think you may have me hooked! My DH may killme but, what the heck. Tinah would you pm and let me know what your rates and availabilty are for Nov or Oct 2008? Thank you!

I honestly dont know why more rv owners dont do what Tinas doing...the TT is siting in storage somewhere most of the time, but that monthly note still comes in ....why dont more folks help pay their rv bill this way? Theres a local renter here in Mandeville, and he rents rvs for a few of the locals jst to help them cut down on their bills and it gives hima nice little cut as well..just seems like a smart thing to do. If I were to buy one...Id rent it out to people I felt would not destroy it.

I honestly dont know why more rv owners dont do what Tinas doing...the TT is siting in storage somewhere most of the time, but that monthly note still comes in ....why dont more folks help pay their rv bill this way? Theres a local renter here in Mandeville, and he rents rvs for a few of the locals jst to help them cut down on their bills and it gives hima nice little cut as well..just seems like a smart thing to do. If I were to buy one...Id rent it out to people I felt would not destroy it.

I'm sorry for being the party pooper here, but towing or operating a MH w/o some experience is very unforgiving in that one in a hundred instances. It took me several years towing with just a friction sway to ignore and not react to the tugging that some semis do to a TT. Again accidently run off the pavement with a sholder lip and doing it wrong getting back on can be disaster. This is not to mention the sudden heavy rain problem in a busy city where semis are passing you like nobodies business cause they know their rig. Yes these are all in the minority, but I have run into every one in 30 years RVing. Only maybe 6 or 7 in those 30+ years, but one will make you think twice on what you are doing. IMHO safely towing is not about the norm, but being safe when the exception comes along and if you do it enough that will happen at some point.

When we were out west in 2004 the first time I got hit with like a 50 mph gust on one of the bridges over the mtns going into Nevada on I think I-80 from Ca. gave me pause for awhile. I dropped that tow speed from my normal 60 to like 40 when I saw the next bride.

You can obviously do what you will, but I'm only adding my 30+ yrs of towing experience here, so take it for what's worth.

I would recommend waiting and doing a dual trip witht he In-laws driving and you learning how they did it and what worked and didn't.

Larry

It seems as though Tina is doing all the pulling herself and setting it up. I would get a hefty deposit and contract of course. If I was going to do this I'd buy TT's that wren't real expensive and use them because if it get's messed up you aren't out thousands lol.

I'm sorry for being the party pooper here, but towing or operating a MH w/o some experience is very unforgiving in that one in a hundred instances. It took me several years towing with just a friction sway to ignore and not react to the tugging that some semis do to a TT. Again accidently run off the pavement with a sholder lip and doing it wrong getting back on can be disaster. This is not to mention the sudden heavy rain problem in a busy city where semis are passing you like nobodies business cause they know their rig. Yes these are all in the minority, but I have run into every one in 30 years RVing. Only maybe 6 or 7 in those 30+ years, but one will make you think twice on what you are doing. IMHO safely towing is not about the norm, but being safe when the exception comes along and if you do it enough that will happen at some point.

When we were out west in 2004 the first time I got hit with like a 50 mph gust on one of the bridges over the mtns going into Nevada on I think I-80 from Ca. gave me pause for awhile. I dropped that tow speed from my normal 60 to like 40 when I saw the next bride.

You can obviously do what you will, but I'm only adding my 30+ yrs of towing experience here, so take it for what's worth.

I would recommend waiting and doing a dual trip witht he In-laws driving and you learning how they did it and what worked and didn't.

Larry

I'm thinking that perhaps you have this thread mixed up with the other thread running where a family from Mass. is going to use their inlaws motor home to go to FW?...

In this case Tina (who is a member here on the Dis) brings her families 5th wheel to FW..and sets it up on site for folks. There is no towing involved. It's no different then renting the onsite units many campgrounds offer. I know my husband and I did this before we purchased our travel trailer 8 years ago. It gave us a good feel for camping, and what we liked and didn't like in a unit. We had a good idea of what to look for when we were ready to purchase.
I know my husband and I are also thinking of doing this, as we would like to stay in the camping loops of FW..but don't want to tow from NY. Seems like a good option. She's got a great unit too!;)

I'm thinking that perhaps you have this thread mixed up with the other thread running where a family from Mass. is going to use their inlaws motor home to go to FW?...

In this case Tina (who is a member here on the Dis) brings her families 5th wheel to FW..and sets it up on site for folks. There is no towing involved. It's no different then renting the onsite units many campgrounds offer. I know my husband and I did this before we purchased our travel trailer 8 years ago. It gave us a good feel for camping, and what we liked and didn't like in a unit. We had a good idea of what to look for when we were ready to purchase.
I know my husband and I are also thinking of doing this, as we would like to stay in the camping loops of FW..but don't want to tow from NY. Seems like a good option. She's got a great unit too!;)

OOPS you are absolutely right and that's what I get for going to the first unread and not realizing I was posting in the wrong thread .... SORRY ignore my post. :guilty:

Larry

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter