WWYD - Fantasmic?

bas71873

DIS Veteran
I need an opinion. It’s just myself and my 19yo daughter going on this trip (mid-December). We are just rolling with it and going with the flow. No dining reservations, no Genie +, spending time with her bestie who is doing the college program, doing MVMCP and CP.

I booked a Fantasmic Dinner package for our HS day, BUT, just realized that it’s on a party night, so I’m wondering if that will drive insane crowds over to HS after 2:00 when people can hop (since MK will close early). Our dining is a lunch reservation, so we may go wander the Epcot resorts and the Boardwalk and then come back in the evening to HS.

I would love to switch my HS and AK day, but so far, no dining package is available at HS for the next day. I’m almost considering switching my parks, giving up the dining package and just skipping Fantasmic all together if the stand by line is nuts. I don’t remember LOVING the show (but it’s been 9 years), not sure my 19yo cares all that much, but she’ll do.

WWYD? I’d love some opinions/thoughts.

I think people going to the MK on a party day tend to stay right up until closing to get as much out of the day as possible. After 6 I'd expect to see an increase in crowds for any of the other parks, but I don't think you'll see much of a surge at 2. It's nothing I'd plan my day around for sure. I can't wait to get to see Fantasmic again, it ranks right up there right below FOTLK not that Illuminations is gone, but if it doesn't mean that much to you, I wouldn't waste money on a dining package but I sure wouldn't waste time standing in line waiting either. Typically, you'd have to get in line at least an hour before show time, but I'm guessing with it just having come back, you'll need more time than that and it's a miserable wait to me- plus you don't get the best viewing areas either. So, definitely the dining package IF you want to see it but skip it otherwise.

I agree with cakebaker. I just don't see the 2pm PH time being as impactful for MK guests on a party day as opposed to leaving at 6pm and hopping elsewhere. We've been to MK on party days and if anything, it's usually a lot less guests in MK anyway since most people don't want to use a full day's ticket for the park and not see fireworks. While I do think there will always be guests who leave MK and hop else where I don't think it's significant enough to impact plans. I'd stick with your DHS day and leave it be.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter