WOW DVC Prices !!!

I think the time to buy will be later this year.

That being said DVC has always stumped me on resale regarding ups and downs in the market.
I think the US dollar is about to reach some hard lessons and take more jobs. This price point will stay on average I think for a bit. I noticed inventory go down so the true damage has not happened yet I think.

When buying direct, you pay prorated dues from the day you purchase for that calendar year..unless it’s a resort that is new and opening..regardless of what set of points you get

If two people buy 100 points on April 1st, esch will be paying 9 months of dues.

If one has a UY of Feb, the first set of points will be 2023 points, because we have started the Feb 2023 UY already.

If the other person has a UY iif June, the first set of points are 2022 points since the 2023 UY doesn’t start until June 1st

in both cases, the dues charged for each of these owners will be exactly the same, because they bought the same day and dues are based on when your ownership begins.

It is why many people who add on will wait and do it closer to the end of the UY to maximize their purchase.
If you do it towards the end of the UY, wouldn’t the points be really difficult to use? Or will Disney let you late-bank direct points purchased in this manner?

If you do it towards the end of the UY, wouldn’t the points be really difficult to use? Or will Disney let you late-bank direct points purchased in this manner?
I have purchased with about a week left in my use year and a call to member services allowed me to bank the points since they could see that the contract was new that day.

ETA: Of course, ymmv but my guide at the time was the one who told me to call and bank :)

They let you bank late…it’s even in the home resort rules and regulations. They even allow you to use new direct points in the same membership to replace borrowed points, and put those back.

The ability to bank past the usual deadline right after purchasing direct is a perk of buying direct. It does not apply to resale purchases (That said, we sometimes hear of reports where a resale purchaser was allowed to bank after the deadline. That's pixie dust and not at all common).

It should also be noted that there is no guarantee that someone will be able to purchase late in the use year. DVD must have current use year points in their inventory to sell. When it is late in the use year, they often do not because those points were used to rent villas to the general public. DVD will NOT hold points in inventory hoping someone will purchase them - they rent them for cash to obtain value from them.

Does anyone have an idea why or what is causing the prices of DVC to drop like the temps I January??? Have seen Aulani 88.00 PP Boulder Ridge 98.00 Board Walk 112.00 Grand Cal. 233.00 and so on. I'm great believer in resale , What a great time to buy.
I am not sure but we just landed a huge contract for $77.00 a point. Is that normal. This is our first DVC contract.

I am not sure but we just landed a huge contract for $77.00 a point. Is that normal. This is our first DVC contract.
Contracts with large allotments on points per year typically sell for less per point than smaller contracts.

A “huge contract” should sell for a lot less per point.

A $77 per point contract at Aulani is a great deal.

The ability to bank past the usual deadline right after purchasing direct is a perk of buying direct. It does not apply to resale purchases (That said, we sometimes hear of reports where a resale purchaser was allowed to bank after the deadline. That's pixie dust and not at all common).

It should also be noted that there is no guarantee that someone will be able to purchase late in the use year. DVD must have current use year points in their inventory to sell. When it is late in the use year, they often do not because those points were used to rent villas to the general public. DVD will NOT hold points in inventory hoping someone will purchase them - they rent them for cash to obtain value from them.
Isn't it official unofficial policy to allow one latr banking exception over the life of the membership?

Isn't it official unofficial policy to allow one latr banking exception over the life of the membership?
I believe so. However, it is most often used for members who forgot to bank. As you say, it's a 'once in a lifetime' exception, and not something we are entitled to.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter