Wow do I have great neighbors

Mokat76

DisKat
It's a snow day in southeast Virginia. I'm avoiding winter chores and reading the Disboards when my dog starts barking up a storm. I go to the door where I see two of my neighbors shoveling the 6 inches of snow off my driveway. They'd already done theirs and another neighbor's. Wow!! This is the friendliest place I've ever lived. :-)

Lucky! 1st winter I lived in my house, my neighbor with a blade on his lawn mower offered to do mine for $50. Psssh...yeah right!

Wow, I wish. We had 12 inches last week, and my neighbor came out with his snowblower, did his driveway and went back in leaving me and DH to shovel for over an hour. Then across the street neighbor did the same. Oh well, hope they don't ever need help......

Small gestures go a long way. I remember growing up we lived on a cul-de-sac and our neighbors were like family. We did everything together and would travel freely between houses without much thought. The parents all kept an eye on the kids, yard work, shoveling, holiday decorating etc. were group tasks and there were many shared meals.

It was an awesome childhood experience and it is one that I feel that not many kids are getting the chance to experience these days...

It's a snow day in southeast Virginia. I'm avoiding winter chores and reading the Disboards when my dog starts barking up a storm. I go to the door where I see two of my neighbors shoveling the 6 inches of snow off my driveway. They'd already done theirs and another neighbor's. Wow!! This is the friendliest place I've ever lived. :-)

They sound like my neighbors. Do you let them put their trash in your cans? Remember that thread? :lmao:

We (ok, so dh) are those good neighbors! Dh is always shoveling our neighbors' driveways when it snows. It makes him feel good to do it.

Small gestures go a long way. I remember growing up we lived on a cul-de-sac and our neighbors were like family. We did everything together and would travel freely between houses without much thought. The parents all kept an eye on the kids, yard work, shoveling, holiday decorating etc. were group tasks and there were many shared meals.

It was an awesome childhood experience and it is one that I feel that not many kids are getting the chance to experience these days...

That is the same way our cul-de-sac is now. It is wonderful. As for when it snows, the snowblowers come out and the neighbors all do each other's driveways. We have a couple of elderly folks on the street and everybody pitches in to do their driveways.

One guy starts at the bottom of the street and blows the sidewalk up one end, around the circle and down the other end. Others start attacking the driveways.

That must've been nice to look out and not have to do it yourself for once!

I actually shoveled for both of my next door neighbors this morning. We got about 5" or so overnight. I just got a heart rate monitor and wore it just to see how many calories I burned and I burned 140 just doing that!

I wish our neighbors were like that. Last year when our older neighbor across the street hurt his hand and couldn't use his snowblower DH went over and did their driveway with their own snowblower (we don't have one.) Hoped they'd offer to let us use it to do our own driveway but no luck. Out shoveling. This year we got a plow guy and he shovels our walkway and stairs on his last pass of he storm.

Back in 2003 we had so much snow we had to have our driveway plowed three times at $150 each. (400ft driveway)

I went into early labor and called our volunteer fire department to transport me to the hospital but I had to walk up that driveway at eight months pregnant. I got 9/10 of the way up when they saw me and wanted to carry me the rest of the way, really? I was pretty much there, thank god there wasn't Youtube or smartphones ::yes::

After that experience our neighbor found out what happened and he plowed our driveway for nothing for the rest of the winter.

Thankful that we havent had that much snow to get the driveway plowed out until now. Neighbor passed, so DH parks at the mailbox so he can get out... Im happy if I cant ;)

Our neighbor is awesome. We often do each other's sidewalks but he often does at least the bottom snowplowed in part of the driveway when he sees me shoveling

Op time to make/bake your Nebor something yummy.

Every time it snows and my hubby's car isn't in the drive the 3 guy nebors we have come over to snow blow the drive.

We help feed pets, mow grass, watch each others kids, help care for sick, take garbage cans out or put them away, cut down trees. Etc etc

I love living here. We have the best nebors ever.

That was sweet! I have a family friend/neighbor that will do mine too. Well, we do each other's walks/driveway really... Whoever gets out there first.

We have an elderly neighbor on the other side. Her son usually stays with her if snow is coming. If it's unexpected I do her stairs and sidewalk(sometimes her driveway if I have enough energy after my corner lot lol. She doesn't drive anyway.)

Op time to make/bake your Nebor something yummy. Every time it snows and my hubby's car isn't in the drive the 3 guy nebors we have come over to snow blow the drive. We help feed pets, mow grass, watch each others kids, help care for sick, take garbage cans out or put them away, cut down trees. Etc etc I love living here. We have the best nebors ever.
Our neighborhood is like that too but today's
snow shoveling was a pleasant surprise. Goodies already in the planning stages. :)

Our neighbor is awesome. We often do each other's sidewalks but he often does at least the bottom snowplowed in part of the driveway when he sees me shoveling

Worst... Part... Ever.

Nothing like finishing all of the shoveling to have a plow come by and shove all of that heavy, wet, slush in your driveway.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter