Wow! Chapek is out!

I think Iger needed a vacation and understandly so. I think once he got some significant family time (he is a grandpa right?), he traveled a little, I think he was ready to work again.
I agree. Of course, no one is perfect. But, jeez. Chapelle was such a fun Killer. Iger wasn't perfect. But, I personally gave had a pass for 15 years. This last pass, I've gone twice. I live close. Between reservations, block outs, park

Out of curiosity, what's wrong with D'Amaro? I thought he was liked?

He was/has been. But he's in charge of parks, and the parks are really suffering right now from a lot of unpopular decisions, ranging from G+/ILL$ to understaffing to poor maintenance and cleaning, etc. Whether these are decisions coming from Josh or from higher up, I don't think anyone knows (though if I've missed things people should feel free to correct me!).

Oh man..

None of us honestly know what's going on behind closed Disney doors but obviously something is going on. He needs to focus on mentoring the next person.. the right person. Disney should probably do some
Soul searching on what makes a Disney CEO great.

Im optimistic for Park changes but not realistic. What he really needs to do it fix the guest expirence in the park.. however he does that.... well he is gotta figure that out.
In all honesty that is a tough task. Crowds are insane even with extreme prices. They cant lower prices because its already packed. They could raise prices to an insane level to help alleviate the huge crowds but then that takes $$ out of their pockets from merch and food etc and alienates a ton of people.

The only thing that really makes sense to me is to hire a lot more cast members, have a lot of non ride entertainment to suck in crowds to help with dealing with ride lines. There are spaces that they can do that with if they can come up with ideas that would draw people in, especially in Tomorrow Land.

I still think they should make Disneyland and CA one big park. No park hoppers. Move the security lines and entrance lines to the park so when you enter the esplanade you are in the park. You can choose to go to Disneyland or CA but once you are in the esplanade you are in the park. Even the Esplanade has a ton of usable space

Iger wrote a letter to the CMs that's circulating, I can't wait to see the letter he writes to the fans! He says CMs will hear more tomorrow (and thus so will we.)

I know this company has asked so much of you during the past three years, and these times certainly remain quite challenging, but as you have heard me say before, I am an optimist, and if I learned one thing from my years at Disney, it is that even in the face of uncertainty—perhaps especially in the face of uncertainty—our employees and Cast Members achieve the impossible.

You will be hearing more from me and your leaders tomorrow and in the weeks ahead. In the meantime, allow me to express my deep gratitude for all that you do. Disney holds a special place in the hearts of people around the globe thanks to you, and your dedication to this company and its mission to bring joy to people through great storytelling is an inspiration to me every single day.

Bob Iger

I'll reserve judgment. I was pretty thrilled when Iger left. But I can certainly see why people would take the devil himself to rid the company of Chapek.

In all honesty that is a tough task. Crowds are insane even with extreme prices. They cant lower prices because its already packed. They could raise prices to an insane level to help alleviate the huge crowds but then that takes $$ out of their pockets from merch and food etc and alienates a ton of people.

The only thing that really makes sense to me is to hire a lot more cast members, have a lot of non ride entertainment to suck in crowds to help with dealing with ride lines. There are spaces that they can do that with if they can come up with ideas that would draw people in, especially in Tomorrow Land.

I still think they should make Disneyland and CA one big park. No park hoppers. Move the security lines and entrance lines to the park so when you enter the esplanade you are in the park. You can choose to go to Disneyland or CA but once you are in the esplanade you are in the park. Even the Esplanade has a ton of usable space
I would love that! The parks are so close together!

I know this company has asked so much of you during the past three years, and these times certainly remain quite challenging, but as you have heard me say before, I am an optimist, and if I learned one thing from my years at Disney, it is that even in the face of uncertainty—perhaps especially in the face of uncertainty—our employees and Cast Members achieve the impossible.

You will be hearing more from me and your leaders tomorrow and in the weeks ahead. In the meantime, allow me to express my deep gratitude for all that you do. Disney holds a special place in the hearts of people around the globe thanks to you, and your dedication to this company and its mission to bring joy to people through great storytelling is an inspiration to me every single day.

Bob Iger
This is perfectly worded. It reminds us why Iger is so respected by Disney CM's, employees and fans.

They have huge empty spaces not being used (theatres in both parks to start) and I’m sure rides are not being run at capacity due to breakdowns and staffing. Those changes alone could make a noticeable difference. Pay the employees more.

I’ve started to really resent Josh D’Amaro in addition to Chapek. The CM’s seem to really like him, but are we to believe he was just carrying out the evil orders from Bob? Has Josh been battling behind the scenes? Interesting stuff, for sure.

anigif_sub-buzz-109-1583248768-3.gif

They have huge empty spaces not being used (theatres in both parks to start) and I’m sure rides are not being run at capacity due to breakdowns and staffing. Those changes alone could make a noticeable difference. Pay the employees more.
They have the theater right outside Toon Town. Tomorrowland has the old captain EO spot, they have the big round building where they have/had the star wars display. All of those areas could suck in tons of people if they were actually being utilized with something entertaining. They have been pretty much a waste of space for many many years. Those are three places in Disneyland alone that could draw crowds but essentially are worthless as is. But also, the theater in CA as well.

Also, this will draw a bunch of hate, but the Great Moments with Mr Lincoln is another spot that can suck in tons of crowds but there is rarely over 15-20 people per show. Might be time to think about utilizing that space as well, and not for more shops.

In one of the Tomorrowland spots they could put in something as simple as a planetarium showing you the stars etc to Disney music. Id go there to sit and relax for a while. =)

Last edited:
They have the theater right outside Toon Town. Tomorrowland has the old captain EO spot, they have the big round building where they have/had the star wars display. All of those areas could suck in tons of people if they were actually being utilized with something entertaining. They have been pretty much a waste of space for many many years. Those are three places in Disneyland alone that could draw crowds but essentially are worthless as is. But also, the theater in CA as well.

Also, this will draw a bunch of hate, but the Great Moments with Mr Lincoln is another spot that can suck in tons of crowds but there is rarely over 15-20 people per show. Might be time to think about utilizing that space as well, and not for more shops.

We love Lincoln but how often do we even make it in there? Almost never. They need to be utilizing every inch with good quality.

I am sooooooo nostalgic but I don’t think it should come at the cost of quality.

The theater outside Toontown has a show, Tale of the Lion King. Prior to that, it had Mickey and the Magical Map.

The theater outside Toontown has a show, Tale of the Lion King. Prior to that, it had Mickey and the Magical Map.
Yeah, that is true. Maybe they just need to change it up more often. They run the show 4 times per day which helps but its one of those things that once you have seen it, you have seen it. It would be nice if they had 2-3 different shows they could rotate through during the day. Especially with so many annual pass holders.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter