Would you commit a federal offense to get your Magic Bands?

joyjoy

DIS Veteran
I did. Omg, I have lost my mind, y'all. So I've been tracking our Magic Bands package since we got the notification on MDE that they shipped. I get an alert on my phone at every stop. Today, I got an alert that they were DELIVERED! Yay! Only they weren't. Not to my house anyway. I checked USPS.com, it says delivered. I call the customer service number ("Your wait time is estimated between 30 and 45 minutes"), so while I was on hold, I called the local post office and.... someone answered. He looked up the tracking number and said the carrier scanned it at 102 E. Walker, which is NOT my house, but it's about 3 blocks away. He said he'll contact the carrier and call me back. I have no faith in this so I DRIVE to 102 E. Walker which is a Daycare Center, closed for the weekend. Here comes the Federal Crime part: I OPENED their mailbox and rifled through it looking for my package.:eek: Not there. So at that very moment I see a mail truck drive by so I jumped in the car and CHASED HER DOWN. Turns out I'm not on her route.:faint: Then my phone rang and it was my P.O. He said the carrier accidentally missed my house, realized it a few blocks later, scanned the package as delivered with plans to swing back by when he finished his route. I'm waiting on him now. This is so embarrassing. Thanks for listening, I feel better having confessed.:earboy2:

That is hysterical. I don't think you did anything that anyone of us would not do. Nothing like the moment the magic bands arrive.

I did. Omg, I have lost my mind, y'all. So I've been tracking our Magic Bands package since we got the notification on MDE that they shipped. I get an alert on my phone at every stop. Today, I got an alert that they were DELIVERED! Yay! Only they weren't. Not to my house anyway. I checked USPS.com, it says delivered. I call the customer service number ("Your wait time is estimated between 30 and 45 minutes"), so while I was on hold, I called the local post office and.... someone answered. He looked up the tracking number and said the carrier scanned it at 102 E. Walker, which is NOT my house, but it's about 3 blocks away. He said he'll contact the carrier and call me back. I have no faith in this so I DRIVE to 102 E. Walker which is a Daycare Center, closed for the weekend. Here comes the Federal Crime part: I OPENED their mailbox and rifled through it looking for my package.:eek: Not there. So at that very moment I see a mail truck drive by so I jumped in the car and CHASED HER DOWN. Turns out I'm not on her route.:faint: Then my phone rang and it was my P.O. He said the carrier accidentally missed my house, realized it a few blocks later, scanned the package as delivered with plans to swing back by when he finished his route. I'm waiting on him now. This is so embarrassing. Thanks for listening, I feel better having confessed.:earboy2:

Wow, that's awful. Couldn't even wait for a response from the P.O. before going on a scavenger hunt. You're lucky someone didn't call the cops on you for going through a businesses mailbox.

But hey, you got your bands though.

This is what irritates me. They mark things delivered that aren't delivered!! Especially bad now with amazon.

Wow, that's awful. Couldn't even wait for a response from the P.O. before going on a scavenger hunt. You're lucky someone didn't call the cops on you for going through a businesses mailbox.

But hey, you got your bands though.

But, actually she hasn't yet. Lol.

This is what irritates me. They mark things delivered that aren't delivered!! Especially bad now with amazon.

Exactly. I probably wouldn't have gotten so worked up except this isn't the first time it's happened. Once, they sent the package back to the sender. I have zero confidence in my local post office. Sometimes our guy just delivers the whole street's mail to one house's mailbox. Sometimes he doesn't show up until after 6 pm. There was a time, about a year ago, when all of my mail smelled like cigarette smoke every day.:sad2: That one got fired.

That's been part of usps since at least 2001. It's time we get used to the delay between "delivered" and it being delivered.

Wow. Risk jail for magic bands. That is a new one. Congratulations.

Yeah, be interesting to see if the Daycare finds their mail has been rooted through and they go back and check a security camera. OP might be enjoying a vacation of a different kind... one that includes some silver cuffs.

I can understand going to another residential address to get mail, but not digging through a businesses box. More than likely, there's a camera pointed somewhere around it, with her on the footage now.

But hey, what's the sense in waiting a little bit.

That's been part of usps since at least 2001. It's time we get used to the delay between "delivered" and it being delivered.

I don't get used to it I get free months of prime from amazon. Lol! 2 days is 2 days.

And it's only been since 2014 in my area that USPS did amazon packages.

I don't get used to it I get free months of prime from amazon. Lol! 2 days is 2 days.

And it's only been since 2014 in my area that USPS did amazon packages.

The Amazon/USPS thing is newer (not completely, but in a way, Amazon saved the USPS). That's why you see mail trucks out on Sunday. They're delivering Amazon packages.

To the OP, if things are bad with getting your mail, just get a PO Box, then it doesn't leave the PO.

The Amazon/USPS thing is newer (not completely, but in a way, Amazon saved the USPS). That's why you see mail trucks out on Sunday. They're delivering Amazon packages.

To the OP, if things are bad with getting your mail, just get a PO Box, then it doesn't leave the PO.

I'm very aware... I use amazon a lot. That is why I am complaining about them marking something delivered that isn't. They don't want to miss their amazon benchmarks so they will mark delivered even though it isn't. I asked my delivery lady one time why it was marked delivered on Thursday but not delivered until Friday. Oh it was raining and I didn't want to get out of the truck. Mmmkay.

If it's late fine. Just don't mark it delivered. Sorry OP for the derail.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter