Would you commit a federal offense to get your Magic Bands?

That's a good idea. I'll look into it after I get out of jail.:-)

Do you honestly realize how much trouble you could actually get into? Or is this just a fun game and coming on here is bragging rights to it?

We've had our own issues with our local post office. DGF is allergic to peanuts and we found him eating peanuts in his truck while delivering the mail (and she's not the only one in the area allergic to peanuts), so talk about a potentially deadly thing there. So we were basically left with the option to get a PO Box. It's not the same as your situation, but we've all had problems with USPS at some point.

I'm very aware... I use amazon a lot. That is why I am complaining about them marking something delivered that isn't. They don't want to miss their amazon benchmarks so they will mark delivered even though it isn't. I asked my delivery lady one time why it was marked delivered on Thursday but not delivered until Friday. Oh it was raining and I didn't want to get out of the truck. Mmmkay.

If it's late fine. Just don't mark it delivered. Sorry OP for the derail.
Gonna derail again....haven't read the rest of the thread however, if you are prime and it says delivered but its not and it's outside that delivery day that Amazon said, you call/chat Amazon. They will extend your Prime 1 month. If it happens 12 times, you got an entire year of Prime for FREE. So far I avoided paying Amazon $99 for two extra months because of things like that :)

If, as the owner of a daycare, I realized that my mail had been tampered with, I would absolutely call the police, especially if I had a video of some frenzied weirdo rifling through my postbox. I would have no way of knowing what, if anything, was taken or left behind. I am a pretty laidback person in general but I would NOT be laidback when it comes to the privacy and safety of my business and the children I care for. Completely inappropriate.

If, as the owner of a daycare, I realized that my mail had been tampered with, I would absolutely call the police, especially if I had a video of some frenzied weirdo rifling through my postbox. I would have no way of knowing what, if anything, was taken or left behind. I am a pretty laidback person in general but I would NOT be laidback when it comes to the privacy and safety of my business and the children I care for. Completely inappropriate.

IF there was video showing her going through the box, the video would show what if anything had been taken or placed.

I did. Omg, I have lost my mind, y'all. So I've been tracking our Magic Bands package since we got the notification on MDE that they shipped. I get an alert on my phone at every stop. Today, I got an alert that they were DELIVERED! Yay! Only they weren't. Not to my house anyway. I checked USPS.com, it says delivered. I call the customer service number ("Your wait time is estimated between 30 and 45 minutes"), so while I was on hold, I called the local post office and.... someone answered. He looked up the tracking number and said the carrier scanned it at 102 E. Walker, which is NOT my house, but it's about 3 blocks away. He said he'll contact the carrier and call me back. I have no faith in this so I DRIVE to 102 E. Walker which is a Daycare Center, closed for the weekend. Here comes the Federal Crime part: I OPENED their mailbox and rifled through it looking for my package.:eek: Not there. So at that very moment I see a mail truck drive by so I jumped in the car and CHASED HER DOWN. Turns out I'm not on her route.:faint: Then my phone rang and it was my P.O. He said the carrier accidentally missed my house, realized it a few blocks later, scanned the package as delivered with plans to swing back by when he finished his route. I'm waiting on him now. This is so embarrassing. Thanks for listening, I feel better having confessed.:earboy2:
Check out informed delivery from usps. A friend showed it to me today and it's amazing. You can make a free account and get an email with a picture (from what is scanned at the post office) of what should be in your mailbox that day. If it's not there you click a box that you didn't get it and the post office investigates the lost mail. Super helpful although not every location has it yet.

I find it laughable that some of you are so negative about an organization that basically delivers your mail and packages for the cheapest rates in the world. God forbid your mail gets delivered at 6 pm. Oh Lordy what's next my mail got wet in a rainstorm. People need to get a grip. Letter carriers, which I am one as well, often work long days with little or no understanding from the public what the job entails nor any appreciation of what it takes the get job done. Not complaining I love my job. Often carriers are working your route and part of another route well into he evening. That gets better and more dangerous with the holidays and it getting dark by 4/5 pm.

As far as going into another box that is not yours. Absolutely genius. My postmaster is often getting complaints about this activity as well, which in turn becomes a phone call to the local police department and sometimes even a wonderful postal inspector who you never really want to encounter. The one thing I have learned over the past few years is that most people have cameras and if they are not on their porches or garages pointed out into general viewing areas then they have the camera everyone has that's called a cell phone. Doing what the OP did was ridiculous for several pieces of plastic that can easily be replaced if not delivered accurately. Mistakes happen. However I'll be one of those letter carriers working to 6 pm or latter making his overtime so he can afford his and his family's Disney addiction several times a year.

Gonna derail again....haven't read the rest of the thread however, if you are prime and it says delivered but its not and it's outside that delivery day that Amazon said, you call/chat Amazon. They will extend your Prime 1 month. If it happens 12 times, you got an entire year of Prime for FREE. So far I avoided paying Amazon $99 for two extra months because of things like that :)

We think alike my friend. I'm sure you kept reading and saw that I do exactly that. If it's a day late and it isn't urgent no biggie. I hope it's a fluke because I've been using it for years and it's always been great. This last month has been bad. Had one item take two weeks, another never received, a couple go 3-5 days. But I tell you amazon is the best in customer service. They should teach everyone else. They have always made it right. Free months, overnights items, gift card credits. And you never have to ask either they just offer it up. Disney needs to train like this again.

@joyjoy Oh OP, you shared a story you thought was funny (we here at my home also thought was funny) and now here comes the rainy day parade...

If your case gets a jury trial, hopefully you will have some Disney fans who will cut you a break. ;)

3uJfQDN.jpg

@joyjoy Oh OP, you shared a story you thought was funny (we here at my home also thought was funny) and now here comes the rainy day parade...

If your case gets a jury trial, hopefully you will have some Disney fans who will cut you a break. ;)

:rotfl:That voir dire might be more interesting than most. Attorney to potential juror: "So.... Mickey Bar or Dole Whip?" Anyway, my spirit is not crushed by the Negative Nancies. That's why I have been a member of the Dis for like a thousand years and have such a low post count. It seems like there are always a few that take everything a little too seriously and that's okay, I just usually don't get involved or start anything. Love and light, people, love and light.:wave:

:rotfl:That voir dire might be more interesting than most. Attorney to potential juror: "So.... Mickey Bar or Dole Whip?" Anyway, my spirit is not crushed by the Negative Nancies. That's why I have been a member of the Dis for like a thousand years and have such a low post count. It seems like there are always a few that take everything a little too seriously and that's okay, I just usually don't get involved or start anything. Love and light, people, love and light.:wave:

Have a fun trip to Disney. Next time don't post in a public forum with that headline. Lol ;)

DGF is allergic to peanuts and we found him eating peanuts in his truck while delivering the mail (and she's not the only one in the area allergic to peanuts), so talk about a potentially deadly thing there. So we were basically left with the option to get a PO Box.
I know this is off topic but how did getting a PO Box fix this? What if the person at the post office eats peanuts before sorting the mail into the boxes?

I know this is off topic but how did getting a PO Box fix this? What if the person at the post office eats peanuts before sorting the mail into the boxes?

We got a box in a different township. So the mail goes to a completely different post office.

We got a box in a different township. So the mail goes to a completely different post office.
But how do you know someone there couldn't be eating peanuts? I keep a container of peanuts on my desk at work. I munch on them every day. Someone there could be doing the same thing.

But how do you know someone there couldn't be eating peanuts? I keep a container of peanuts on my desk at work. I munch on them every day. Someone there could be doing the same thing.

You don't. Ignorance is bliss in this instance. We've also talked with postal workers there and they know that they're supposed to wash their hands and such, as well as they wear gloves when handling all the mail.

I also go by myself and take a shopping bag so that she's not around it. This is something that went up to the Regional Postmaster here in our area, as we got nowhere locally. We were assured it would be taken care of.

ETA: If anyone would care to discuss particular side to this thread, please PM me.

I did. Omg, I have lost my mind, y'all. So I've been tracking our Magic Bands package since we got the notification on MDE that they shipped. I get an alert on my phone at every stop. Today, I got an alert that they were DELIVERED! Yay! Only they weren't. Not to my house anyway. I checked USPS.com, it says delivered. I call the customer service number ("Your wait time is estimated between 30 and 45 minutes"), so while I was on hold, I called the local post office and.... someone answered. He looked up the tracking number and said the carrier scanned it at 102 E. Walker, which is NOT my house, but it's about 3 blocks away. He said he'll contact the carrier and call me back. I have no faith in this so I DRIVE to 102 E. Walker which is a Daycare Center, closed for the weekend. Here comes the Federal Crime part: I OPENED their mailbox and rifled through it looking for my package.:eek: Not there. So at that very moment I see a mail truck drive by so I jumped in the car and CHASED HER DOWN. Turns out I'm not on her route.:faint: Then my phone rang and it was my P.O. He said the carrier accidentally missed my house, realized it a few blocks later, scanned the package as delivered with plans to swing back by when he finished his route. I'm waiting on him now. This is so embarrassing. Thanks for listening, I feel better having confessed.:earboy2:
I'm glad to hear you didn't end up with a new pair of shiny metal Magic Bands on both wrists! :scared:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter