Would This Offend You?

Ginny of your kids are there , forget it, I am getting a dozen balloons for them , you better have a quadruplet sroller ready to haul those things off. But I'll get a rose for grandma even if she says no:flower3:

Lol, my baby is now 12. He'd need the the whole stroller to himself. But he is a fun child who still likes a balloon on occasion. I'll holler when the olders start the next generation! But then I'll be a grand and that might get confusing!

Problem solved! You can buy me balloons! I have some great balloon pictures that my husband took. Wish I knew how to post them.

Dang... If I'm not staying at akl!

Lol, my baby is now 12. He'd need the the whole stroller to himself. But he is a fun child who still likes a balloon on occasion. I'll holler when the olders start the next generation! But then I'll be a grand and that might get confusing!

When the next generation starts, that will only be 3 years from now if he hangs out with Plutoplanet:thumbsup2

Thanks a lot Andrew. I mean thanks for your support earlier but uh...why would it happen if he hangs out with me? I happen to have a baby but that doesn't mean I am some bad kid who goes around sleeping with girls, or that I would ever want any other kid to do that. Just sayin.

Pluto I apologise, I don't think you are a bad kid, you should be proud of yourself I am 33 and you are way more matture than me, no joke. I only wished girls were trying to sleep with me at 15, having sex at a young age doesn't make you a bad person. I don't believe in the whole waiting tilll you are married.

I shouldn't have mad a joke about you

I believe you should wait til you are married. I still believe that.
Im not mad at you Andrew.
It doesn't matter.

No offense intended toward OP. I'm not shy with my opinions! Dis Boards has such a wealth of info. Stick around. Threads like this can take on a life of their own. We are going to Disney with just me (DH), DW and DS6. It's fun to meet people from different places like you did waiting for the parade. I'm not really ready to pounce anyone who talks to DS but I am guarded. When I'm at Disney, most people really seem to be experiencing the magic. And it is fun to share that in different ways. You did get me thinking about how I can do that next trip. One of the most awesome things is to give away Toy Story fastpasses to someone looking at the wait time with their jaw dropped! We always manage to get 2 sets and sometimes a 3rd.

In this life we have opportunities to show kindness and generosity. This was one of them.

Keep it up!

grandma said no, that they had just gotten there and she didn't want to buy something that was going to get lost so soon.

This is why I would not appreciate your gesture. I think grandma did not want to have to deal with keeping track of that balloon all day.
I wouldn't have an issue if this happened as we were heading out but just arriving? No way. It is hard enough maneuvering around the crowds without a balloon.

If I had been the grandmother mentioned in the original post, then the OP's husband would have spent the rest of his time at Disney walking with a severe limp.

If an adult tells a child that they cannot have something, you NEVER, EVER go over the adult's head and buy it for the child!

Whether it worked out well or not in this case, the OP's husband should have asked for the grandmother's permission first.

Mrs Wendy, are u kidding? I can't tell if you are or not. I hope you are...someone thinks they're doing something nice for you and you leave them with a severe limp? How bout just "no thanks"? :confused3

As far as the pixie dust goes, again that was a nice gesture. But, I would be annoyed at that, especially since glitter in an eye can cause damage, not to mention the mess it make on everything.

Totally agree. The glitter thing was a terrible idea because glitter is very abrasive and can cause a corneal abrasion if it gets in the eyes. I am hyper sensitive about eye injuries after suffering a corneal abrasion that I didn't treat properly and it turned into an epithelial erosion, horribly painful and it never heals comletely and could re-erode at any time. I have to keep drops and ointment around at all times to be able to treat it.

As to the OP, next time just discreetly ask the caregiver if it's OK first. I would have been kind of irritated b/c we wait to get annoying items on our way out of the park. Who wants to drag one of those around all day? My DS only ever asked for one once and I told him OK as long as he'd keep up with it, discussion over!

Last year a young couple with no kids gave my boys a water soaker gun (can't remember what they are called) that they had won at the poly pool. My boys were thrilled and we still have it.

I think it was a very thoughtful gesture but yes, I would have been annoyed. If I said no, you are underminding my authority as a parent. Also, we usually stay at AKLV and balloons are not allowed so you would have potentially created a hysterical child once we had to take the balloon away. Now, if I hadn't said no and someone gave my child a balloon I would think it was wonderful.

I think it's very sweet and what a magical way to spread some pixie dust and there's nothing like a child's smile.

If you had done it for my child we would have been very appreciative. I think it was a very sweet thing. :)

I think it's funny how so many people are against balloons. My younger sister (who is now a married 24 year old) always got a balloon when she went to DW. Even as an adult. It is the only souvie she ever buys and she keeps it until it dies. Well worth the $10 for her! :goodvibes

I think the grandmother should have been asked first-that's just polite, especially since you at first heard her say no. My kids have been given things several times, but the giver has always asked permission first. Even the teenage boy at the arcade asked me first if my kids would like his tickets before he gave them to us.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter