Would there be any interest in a swap like this?

YodasMom - you've been tagged! This is the first I'm noticing - is it new? I'm loving all the new tags flying around.

I noticed the new tag yesterday. I'm not too crazy about it, but watcha gonna do? It must be from a really old post because I don't remember what it pertained to!

Looks like the Tag Fairy is catching all the ol' timers without tags. I didn't think I'd ever get once because I don't usually say silly things.

Yep....same here! I guess I need to be more blond!! Wait a minute...I am blond, but not in personality. Here I am talking to myself! Actually, I'm craving chocolate because I read NEE's last tag!! There is none in the house!! Heeelp!!! :eek:

I would be game for both of the swaps NEE is proposing. I certainly have enough swap stuff I could trade (although parting with it could be difficult - it's all so pretty to look at!). I'd be happy to help host one of the swaps if needed. I've never actually hosted, but I've been in enough swaps to have an idea of how it works.

OT- congrats on all of the new tags. I guess I'm just too shy and uninspiring to get one (could also be my less than 400 posts in 5 years!)

I would be game for both of the swaps NEE is proposing. I certainly have enough swap stuff I could trade (although parting with it could be difficult - it's all so pretty to look at!). I'd be happy to help host one of the swaps if needed. I've never actually hosted, but I've been in enough swaps to have an idea of how it works.

OT- congrats on all of the new tags. I guess I'm just too shy and uninspiring to get one (could also be my less than 400 posts in 5 years!)

Don't get discouraged, Michelle! I've been here for 8 years and just got one! Most of my posts are from the past year, though.

And I was here 7 before I got mine!

Back to the swap....I was thinking again...maybe when we see the big list, we could break it down into areas and group them, so not everyone in the group is making the same thing? I was thinking, I don't have a lot of say, Main Street stuff. I would like things like for the Trolley Show, Hub/Partners Statue, Flag Retreat/Town Square. But lets say, 10 people say, "Ooh, I want the Trolley Show too!" Even if the goal is to build a page kit, I don't think I need 10 Trolley show things (or the resort swap, some groups did get that big). But if 3 or 4 people did the Trolley show, and 2 people did something else MS, chosen from the big list, and 2 people did something else. We mostly just don't want people to redo things we have a ton of, but if we are working off the big list, that wouldn't be a problem.

I like it. I think perhaps making it a general WDW all park/all attraction-show swap would be great. I'm like everyone else, I have tons of stuff for some attractions and next to nothing (or nothing)for others.

I apoligize I have not read all the posts but why not run it like the reosrt swap? Have people say what they are looking for so instead of a group with several attractions one group would be one attractions and each person would make a different element. So tom sawyer island would be one and you would have 6 people say sign up to do an element each. That way people could fill in where they needed to. Just a suggestion.

For timing, I don't have a problem with this swap being over the holidays. I've found that always having a swap to work on of some kind is my key to overall productivity so I was dreading the end of the year when the swaps dried up. We could do sign-ups at the beginning of November with a due date in early January? I'd rather not wait until next year - because inevitably next year there will be lots of other new swaps we'll all want to do. But if other people will have a problem with the holidays then I'll go with majority rule. I think an informal poll of the people responding to this thread will do.

Hope - your idea will work well when we see how the master list looks. There will probably be things that lend themselves to being combined, as you mentioned. If certain things are not combined though, I think maybe a max number of 5 per group is about right - we certainly don't want 10 items for a single attraction.

Michelle - if you're volunteering to help, I may take you up on it when it comes time to sort. I cannot sort with my cat around - he thinks the slippery ziploc bags are his personal playthings so rather than put him in a room for all that time maybe I could throw all the envelopes/boxes in my car and bring them to the store - do you think Laurie would mind us using her tables some weekday?

I don't mind having this swap go over the holidays.

NEE- Of course I can help you sort! I have 2 cats so I understand how they can "claim" things as their own! It sounds like this will be a big swap so I'm sure it will be a 2 man job. I don't think Laurie would mind us using the tables, she's pretty easygoing.

I wouldn't mind the holidays either we are not going back to Oregon this year as my husbands brother will be shipping off to Iraq just before Christmas.

I too am ok with over the holidays. We'll probably be going back to WDW in mid Jan so I'd be done before then. :)

The small groups sound great and a holiday timed swap should be fine as we aren't going anywhere this year and work will be S-L-O-W.

Small groups and the holidays sound good to me. If we look at lists and it seems like too much for one person we could always divide and someone else could take half of Disney world and someone else the other half of Disney Worl (Like Epcot and MGM go one place and MK and AK go to the other)

Rebecca

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter