Would there be any interest in a swap like this?

Great shots of Tink during the fireworks show, Buffy!! She's hard to get...I've got some somewhere, but I don't think they're quite as close.

Re: The tink in dresser and Tinkerbell's Treasures, I do have some shots of the shop...but, not sure if I have any of the dresser.

I would be up for this. It seems like I get a bagallion items for some rides and nothing for others. For example, I must have 8 different pieces for Big Thunder Mountain but I NEVER take pictures on there. What do you do with all of those?

What about running a swap in addition to this one that would be something like an "E-bay auction" type thing. Each person would take pictures of things they would be willing to trade and then they could "shop" from the other pics. That way Buffy could get some ToT stuff and someone else could get more Pooh stuff (as an example). I would be willing to host if there is interest.

I would be up for this. It seems like I get a bagallion items for some rides and nothing for others. For example, I must have 8 different pieces for Big Thunder Mountain but I NEVER take pictures on there. What do you do with all of those?

What about running a swap in addition to this one that would be something like an "E-bay auction" type thing. Each person would take pictures of things they would be willing to trade and then they could "shop" from the other pics. That way Buffy could get some ToT stuff and someone else could get more Pooh stuff (as an example). I would be willing to host if there is interest.

I've gotten some great shots of Big Thunder Mountain from Tom Sawyer's Island and also from onboard the Liberty Bell (boat). I've got tons of them!! When you're actually on the ride, it's too jerky to get many good shots.

I made a TinkerBell piece for the Surprise swap, and then thought, "what the heck?" However, in my defense, I had attented a Disney seminar where the person from WDI in FL was discussing his current project which was a TinkerBell Meet & Greet where you would "magically" be shrunk to Tink's size before you met her. So....in the future, maybe Tink won't be quite so hard to find. ;)

While I was cleaning up my scraps for the upteenth time, I was thinking about maybe making some elements out of them. But I hate just making one set, but I didn't want to make 5,6,10 of them for like a swap. I only would have enough material for 2 or 3 sets. I was thinking about offering to trade them for pieces other's had done in swaps that I hadn't done, if they had extra materials and didn't mind making another. If others are interested maybe we could have a thread for it. And people could post pics of what they have, and how many sets. That might be a way for YodasMom to get some extinct attraction stuff. I have a bunch of older pictures, too, that need scrapping.

That Tink in the dresser pic is really neat!
How did you get that?
My eyes must be going because we only occasionally briefly saw a little light (if we timed it right) when we peeked in there.
That picture would be really cool on a layout. I still wish I would have taken a picture of my kids looking into the lock. That would be great together. Now I need to go back and take one, but I don't think DH will go for another WDW trip so soon.
timing is everything, you have to listen for the tinkling sound and then snap the pic as the light comes through the dresser. DH held the camera up almost to the lock but not quite. We took this shot in 2004 when the dresser was in much better shape. We complain every time we go back that the dresser is being neglected. The first 2 times we went in 2005, the dresser didn't work at all.

Great shots of Tink during the fireworks show, Buffy!! She's hard to get...I've got some somewhere, but I don't think they're quite as close.

these aren't from the fireworks, Tink was in the Pirate and Princess Party parade. She is sitting on the treasure box float which was behind the Black Pearl float.

I still don't have perfect flying Tink shots yet, but we are getting there.

I made a TinkerBell piece for the Surprise swap, and then thought, "what the heck?" However, in my defense, I had attented a Disney seminar where the person from WDI in FL was discussing his current project which was a TinkerBell Meet & Greet where you would "magically" be shrunk to Tink's size before you met her. So....in the future, maybe Tink won't be quite so hard to find. ;)

:flower3: Please, don't get me wrong. I do like all of the Tinker Bell elements that people have worked hard on to create. They are very cute, and I love the colors. I want to use them. I just haven't come up with my own good ideas as far as WDW goes. That's why I was looking for other people's ideas of how they've used them. (BTW, I'd love to see layouts.:) )

My daughter loves Tink and was disappointed that there was no opportunity to meet her. It's good to hear that they are working on something. It sounds neat. I can't imagine the line, though.

One of her souvenir surprises for this last vacation was a set of Tink sheets for her bunk in the camper. (found on sale at the Disney store-the sheets, not the camper) I don't know that it would make an interesting layout, though.

ya'll are more than welcome to take my Tink pics. I have about 15,000 + WDW pictures. DH is obsessed so if there is anything you need let me know.

ya'll are more than welcome to take my Tink pics. I have about 15,000 + WDW pictures. DH is obsessed so if there is anything you need let me know.

I need Pictures of Lilo & Stitch :)) lots and lots of them. I'm going to begin working on a collage that measures 42x30 I am adding pictures /embellishments that I've received through the swaps as well as previous tickets/brochures etc. It's going to be my birthday present to me.:rotfl:

Here is where I would use them (new to swapping, so I haven't actually used any at all yet!)

1. Peter Pan's Flight
2. Peter Pan and Wendy meet & greet
3. Grand Gatherings Fireworks cruise -- we met Peter at the end
4. Wishes page -- I always take photos of the kids watching
5. DD was Tinkerbelle for Halloween one year and the costume stayed in the dress up trunk -- so Halloween, or dress up photos
6. castle pages
7. if we ever do the Wake Up Tink thing
8. general MK pages
9. kids sleeping in the resort (Not sure why, but it seems appropriate to me)
10. girls getting into mischief page

I've never actually seen the Peter Pan movie, so maybe when I actually do finally wacth it, I'll have some different ideas.

As for BTMR, I have no swapped items from this but it was DS4 favorite ride. So I would probably use it on a page with a photo of the ride itself, taken from outside the ride and any photo of DS and journal about how much he enjoyed it. I do have a few photos taken during the ride that aren't perfect, but pretty good and I would consider using it if I felt it completed the page.

I need Pictures of Lilo & Stitch :)) lots and lots of them. I'm going to begin working on a collage that measures 42x30 I am adding pictures /embellishments that I've received through the swaps as well as previous tickets/brochures etc. It's going to be my birthday present to me.:rotfl:

I have several let me finish dinner and I'll start looking.

OK how about we do a similar swap that AWM did with the boy/girl switch.
Teams of 2, groups of 8 - 4 on each team.

So:
Team ToT makes 4 ToT elements
Team Backlot tour makes 4 Backlot elements
then we switch

So I would be on the backlot team and I would get ToT stuff back.

clear as mud????

NEE - this sounds like what you and I had kind of talked about at the crop.

For example, you have a bunch of little kids stuff, but no little kids, whereas I could use a bunch of little kids stuff. It's kind of like the swap we did recently where we sent our extras to someone else. Only this way it wouldn't be a surprise. It is using the swaps we already have, yet don't really have a need for (i.e. a restaurant you would never eat at, ride you'll never go on).

OK how about we do a similar swap that AWM did with the boy/girl switch.
Teams of 2, groups of 8 - 4 on each team.

So:
Team ToT makes 4 ToT elements
Team Backlot tour makes 4 Backlot elements
then we switch

So I would be on the backlot team and I would get ToT stuff back.

clear as mud????

I like it!! I think it works well for this.

Boy, lots of talking today! I just hate when work gets in the way of my DISing!

It sounds like there are 2 distinct swaps that there would be interest for -
#1 - Where you swap out items you already have but don't have a use for (Like me and my kiddie play area items and MichellePooh and her exotic restaurants ;) ) and
#2 - Where we make new elements for attractions we are missing from our collection. There are definitely underrepresented attractions. TTA, COP, Tom Sawyer, Liberty Belle Riverboat - just to name a few off the top of my head for MK I'd like to have.

For #1 - Shauna if you want to set that up, that'd be great. I just wonder how would it work exactly? We could all post pictures of what we'd like to offer, but how would the choosing/"shopping" be fair?

For #2 - I was stumped at first about how to decide what attractions would be included so everyone's happy and then I had an idea. Does anyone remember the Resort Swap from last summer? Plagued as it was, it was actually one of my favorite swaps to work on because of the small groups and large variety. Each resort was included, and the group size varied depending on interest -from as small as 3 to a max of 10. That way you got at least a little bit of everything you wanted to sign up for, and just more elements for some resorts than others. So what if everyone who wanted to join this swap submitted their "Wish List" for attractions, then people chose whatever groups they wanted to work on. Even if you had a group of 2 for something, it's still 2 more elements than you have right now. Because we're talking about a single attraction, we'd probably keep the groups small - no more than 4-6. Then you'd end up with kind of a de facto page kit. Anything is up for grabs - extinct attractions, whatever you'd like to get. How does that sound?

At first I liked the Trading Elements idea, but it would be a logistical nightmare to match up the "opposite" groups.

Goddess - when would this fit on the calendar? If this turns out to be a monster list and freaks like me want to join a bunch of spots, maybe the turnaround time could be a bit longer - like 2 months?

Maybe it might be better, once we have the big list, to separate it into 2 or 3 swaps. Maybe even have different hostesses, to prevent NEE's house from being buried?

I guess we'd have to wait and see how big the list is to see if it needed to be split or not.

YodasMom - you've been tagged! This is the first I'm noticing - is it new? I'm loving all the new tags flying around. Hopemax - yours is one of the best I've seen!

I like it too. It's multi-colored! Looks like the Tag Fairy is catching all the ol' timers without tags. I didn't think I'd ever get once because I don't usually say silly things.

we are starting to dip into the holidays. How do ya'll feel about doing this big of a swap between Thanksgiving and New Years or do we table it until the new year?
I'm all for one big swap for the holidays if you are all game. I guess we should start a poll about a timeline but what do we ask?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter