"Worst" dressed person I've EVER seen at a Signature restaurant

Status
Not open for further replies.
Finally A thread I can make. O.K. I will be down July 12 to Aug 14. Maybe my wife will let me where my tie-dye tank top to Bluezoo. Of course I will be setting alone.

Finally A thread I can make. O.K. I will be down July 12 to Aug 14. Maybe my wife will let me where my tie-dye tank top to Bluezoo. Of course I will be setting alone.

I know you were kidding and I'm not 100% sure about Bluezoo but I know the other signatures outside of the parks will not let a guy in with a tank top on. That is something that will not be allowed. Saw it happen a few weeks ago at california grill. The guy was wearing a tank top and the CM checking in that party told him he either had to go change or had to put something on over his tank top. He put on his friends sweatshirt.

It's not a 4 star hotel because of the hotel, not the guests. The guests attire has nothing to do with a hotel's star rating.

And yes, when I'm on vacation it IS MY VACATION AND IT IS ALL ABOUT ME. So long as I'm not walking up to your table and sticking my finger in your spinach dip, what I do or wear on my vacation is NONE OF YOUR BUSINESS.

:worship:

Jennasis:
Perfect--if your going camping, or about to wash the car:)

Or it's summer in Parris Island.

But as I noted in my original post, they are absent from the "not permitted in the dining room" list.

yay or nay?

images

Pretty dressy, nice cut. They should be fine at a DisneyWorld Signature restaurant.

Jennasis:
Perfect--if your going camping, or about to wash the car:)

Or it's summer in Parris Island.

But as I noted in my original post, they are absent from the "not permitted in the dining room" list.

Is it the color that is upsetting to you? If that exact short was black, khaki, navy, white with a blue stripes etc...would it be offensive?

How about these? http://www.zappos.com/product/7986822/color/920?zfcTest=fw:0 Loudmouth makes beautifully crafted and pricey golf shorts ($75). I have a pair in a really horrifying red and white print that I was REQUIRED to wear at the Special Olympic opening ceremonies as part of Team USA last year in Athens, Greece.
file_1_34.jpg
Even though I thought they were atrocious, I had coaches from other countries begging me for them. Here's the camo pair
foxtrot-sh_1.jpg

Offensive? Not in the least. I never said anything about offensive or upsetting. Just comical:)

And certainly inappropriate for a Signature restaurant at WDW where the dress "guidelines" even suggest a jacket is optional.

To me, dress shorts (or even "appropriate" cargo shorts) for a Signature restaurant are ONE color--navy, tan, brown, khaki--maybe even white.

Cammi shorts belong at Ft Bragg, or perhaps McDonalds.

Offensive? Not in the least. I never said anything about offensive or upsetting. Just comical:)

And certainly inappropriate for a Signature restaurant at WDW where the dress "guidelines" even suggest a jacket is optional.

To me, dress shorts (or even "appropriate" cargo shorts) for a Signature restaurant are ONE color--navy, tan, brown, khaki--maybe even white.

Cammi shorts belong at Ft Bragg, or perhaps McDonalds.

Okay, so these shorts are also not appropriate:

1118418_fpx.tif
1229187_fpx.tif

1099753_fpx.tif
1123628_fpx.tif

1203434_fpx.tif

1185329_fpx.tif

If we have to stick to one color, then what a bummer. As I was perusing the Macy's site (where the pics are from) it seems that plaid is HUGE this season and I found a lot of nice shorts I'd love for DH for the trip.

my wife, brother and I had a ressie for Narcoosse's and according to the dress code, you had to dress up so my wife wore a dress and I and my brother wore nice Dockers and polo shirts with a collar. When we got there, more than half of the people in the waiting area looked like they just came back from the beach...flip flops, shorts with holes and shredded bottoms, bathing suits tops (and most likely the bottoms) on women and muscle shirts on guys.

There used to be standards and they were upheld at certain restaurants and now it seems the only one left is V&A...

:lmao:

JENNASIS - I think the pictures you posted, with a nice collared short and boat shoes would look very nice. It fits the preppy look I love so much :)
I love dressing up, and that's part of the reason I love the Signatures - because you can. I know my DBF is hot wherever he goes and he had to wear shorts when we were there in September. He would wear what I said above.
You can do the dress up look very nicely with shorts. It's like how jeans can look nicer with a silk shirt and a blazer than kahkis, which are not flattering and wrinkle. :thumbsup2

I'm glad you find my opinions garbage. I am not bragging, but providing my opinion coupled with my background. If you feel I have no credibility and I everything I'm saying is "all lies," well that's up to you. I don't feel I gain any credibility bc I can afford to vacation a lot, I feel I gain credibility because I spend many nights a year in hotel rooms and I've seen a lot more hotel rooms than most people.

You can also choose to not believe me that I got up close and personal with a mouse in a non-starred cafe (I never claimed the cafe was Michelin rated. Rarely will you find a cafe with a Michelin star) located inside a hotel I was staying in that is rated 4-star by some and 5 -star by others.

Forbes has 57 5-star hotels for 2012. They will rate and include only those hotels that they've visited that year. And by the way they rated hotels in only four countries. That's crazy. How many hotels are in the world? How many reviewers do you think Forbes has on staff? Which is why I do believe in the properties they do visit, but I'm certainly not going to discredit properties not on the list. Why would I want to vacation in the same hotels over and over? Because most all of the hotels on that list are pure cookie-cutter--very luxurious cookie-cutter properties, but quite uniform, nonetheless.

Forbes' criteria are often silly and automatically take some of the best hotels in the world out of the running for small infractions of their criteria which include 550 detailed items (and no, a kids' club isn't included on the list, but the presence of a mandatory CD player is. Sorry, but as a traveler with kids, the presence of a kids' club adds much more to my comfort and experience than a CD player. I haven't used a CD in years.) This is great for business travelers who need to know exactly what to expect, but no so great for vacationers. I've stayed in beautiful and unique boutique hotels all over the world that far outshine the some of the Forbes 5-star properties on the 2012 list, but they would never be considered on technicalities. And I've stayed in superior properties in countries not visited by Forbes.

I personally find that the Disney Deluxe hotels serve their purpose very well. They are not Forbes rated, but they are designed to work within a theme park and I personally think they've done an amazing job. They wouldn't qualify for a rating on many points, but they make up for that in areas that are not considered in the ratings, including kids' care and just pure imagination that is sorely lacking in most luxury hotels all over the world. How does Disney magic work into a rating? I can count how many hangers are in my closet (oh! less than 10? Not a 5-star!) I can check to be sure there is natural stone present in the room (which is why in some properties striving for that extra star will toss in a slab of granite even if it spoils the look of the room!) But what about fun?

How many 5 Seasons have fan sites? Not too many. I love the Five Seasons and I know exactly what to expect even if I'm going to a country or a city I've never been to. But they are all the same to the point where if you don't look out the window, you don't know what country you're in! And we have rating systems like Forbes to thank for that.

I'm sorry, but this is just garbage. Bragging about how many vacations that you take every year and how you "only" stay at 5 stars (please note that there are only 57 Forbes 5 star hotels in the world) and decided to "slum it" at a 4 star does not ingratiate you with the natives. It also doesn't give you any credibility. I could claim all of the same things and you wouldn't know if it were all lies, because you don't know me. The truth is, though, that I cannot afford to take 5-7 extensive vacations and weekend "jaunts". But I have stayed in 4 star hotels, and if there were ever a rodent in one it would lose a star with a quickness and no one would be chiding me for being unhappy about seeing one there. The actual criteria for star ratings include cleanliness and customer service. Those criteria can be found http://static.howstuffworks.com/pdf/lodging-criteria.pdf. Also, kids activities are not a star worthy addition.

Many hotels in Europe are given their posted star ratings by their government, by the way, not based on an objective reviewer like Forbes or Michelin. I sincerely doubt that the places you've stayed in are in actuality 4 star hotels. Rather than trusting what they list on their letterhead, perhaps next time you should read the Forbes listing.

Oh, and I checked the Michelin Guide, and Cafe de la Paix doesn't have a star, regardless of how famous it is.Paris has a few rated restaurants, including Astrance, Bristol, Guy Savoy, L'Ambrosie, Ledoyen, Meurice, Pierre Gagnaire, Plaxa Athenee and Pre Catelan. Try to find a mouse in any of those.

Jennasis: Never had shorts like those and probably never will!! That last pair is a bit "unusual" looking.

But they--like those "cammis"--certainly meet the dress code. By the way--did Macy's offer any of those (cammi) style shorts???

This thread has me cracking up. Get over yourselves people. You are dining at a theme park that is mainly geared towards young kids. If you want to dress up then great, but it's not worth worrying about what other people are wearing.

Sometimes I enjoy dressing up, sometimes I don't. Of course, I'm 26 and very attractive, so when I do dress up and go out I just get hateful looks from other women. So you can't really win for losing sometimes.:lmao:

IMHO, I see WAY too many men and women wearing hats into restaurants at Disney. Sadly, I have seen this at signature and non-signature.

Hats inside is a big no-no and awful etiquette.

IMHO, I see WAY too many men and women wearing hats into restaurants at Disney. Sadly, I have seen this at signature and non-signature.

Hats inside is a big no-no and awful etiquette.

Hats inside for women is fine according to etiquette :confused3

(I am not talking about baseball caps...that is not okay for women to wear inside).

I truly don't care what people wear and it's certainly not going to effect the enjoyment of my meal/evening and I'll only notice if they happen to be right in front of me such as the family we saw in Shula's last week wearing a variety of shorts, t-shirts, sneakers & flip flops. I don't understand spending that kind of money on a meal and not wanting to make it feel a little more special by dressing a bit nicer. Of course I don't need to understand and I am only thinking about it now because of this thread.

DH & I don't get all fancied up but we always change into something a little nicer than we would wear walking around the parks all day. I showed him the pictures of the shorts and this page (the plaids & the camo cargo shorts) and he said "no way" to wearing any of them to a signature restaurant.

Hats inside for women is fine according to etiquette :confused3

(I am not talking about baseball caps...that is not okay for women to wear inside).

I was talking about Disney and what type of hat would a woman wear inside a restaurant at Disney besides a baseball cap?

I have yet to see any decorative hats at Disney that would be considered part of a woman's outfit. :confused3

I'm glad you find my opinions garbage. I am not bragging, but providing my opinion coupled with my background. If you feel I have no credibility and I everything I'm saying is "all lies," well that's up to you. I don't feel I gain any credibility bc I can afford to vacation a lot, I feel I gain credibility because I spend many nights a year in hotel rooms and I've seen a lot more hotel rooms than most people.

You can also choose to not believe me that I got up close and personal with a mouse in a non-starred cafe (I never claimed the cafe was Michelin rated. Rarely will you find a cafe with a Michelin star) located inside a hotel I was staying in that is rated 4-star by some and 5 -star by others.

Forbes has 57 5-star hotels for 2012. They will rate and include only those hotels that they've visited that year. And by the way they rated hotels in only four countries. That's crazy. How many hotels are in the world? How many reviewers do you think Forbes has on staff? Which is why I do believe in the properties they do visit, but I'm certainly not going to discredit properties not on the list. Why would I want to vacation in the same hotels over and over? Because most all of the hotels on that list are pure cookie-cutter--very luxurious cookie-cutter properties, but quite uniform, nonetheless.

Forbes' criteria are often silly and automatically take some of the best hotels in the world out of the running for small infractions of their criteria which include 550 detailed items (and no, a kids' club isn't included on the list, but the presence of a mandatory CD player is. Sorry, but as a traveler with kids, the presence of a kids' club adds much more to my comfort and experience than a CD player. I haven't used a CD in years.) This is great for business travelers who need to know exactly what to expect, but no so great for vacationers. I've stayed in beautiful and unique boutique hotels all over the world that far outshine the some of the Forbes 5-star properties on the 2012 list, but they would never be considered on technicalities. And I've stayed in superior properties in countries not visited by Forbes.

I personally find that the Disney Deluxe hotels serve their purpose very well. They are not Forbes rated, but they are designed to work within a theme park and I personally think they've done an amazing job. They wouldn't qualify for a rating on many points, but they make up for that in areas that are not considered in the ratings, including kids' care and just pure imagination that is sorely lacking in most luxury hotels all over the world. How does Disney magic work into a rating? I can count how many hangers are in my closet (oh! less than 10? Not a 5-star!) I can check to be sure there is natural stone present in the room (which is why in some properties striving for that extra star will toss in a slab of granite even if it spoils the look of the room!) But what about fun?

How many 5 Seasons have fan sites? Not too many. I love the Five Seasons and I know exactly what to expect even if I'm going to a country or a city I've never been to. But they are all the same to the point where if you don't look out the window, you don't know what country you're in! And we have rating systems like Forbes to thank for that.

You keep showing your ignorance, which belies your claims of staying in such fancy places 5-7 times per year. Forbes has 57 5 star rated hotels in total. Only 5 were added this year. If you're going to make things up at least do 5 minutes of research on the internet.

I didn't claim that the hotels were 4 star hotels. You or someone else did. If you're going to make claims like that you should at least know what a 4 star hotel is. You obviously don't.

"Sorry, but as a traveler with kids, the presence of a kids' club adds much more to my comfort and experience than a CD player."

Sure, but it still has nothing to do with the star rating. And CD players aren't actually require for a 4 star rating, nor for 5 star, actually. For a 5 sar it's a stereo/cd player, but that is not included in the 4 star rating which is what the Disney hotels were claimed to be.

"They are not Forbes rated, but they are designed to work within a theme park and I personally think they've done an amazing job."

I agree, but that doesn't make them 4 star hotels. I love the Disney hotels and I love the Disney restaurants, but expecting people to dress for dinner as they would at an upscale restaurant is stupid, because they're not. They're theme park restaurants whether they're in a hotel or in the park, they're meant for families attending a theme park.

"How many 5 Seasons have fan sites? Not too many. I love the Five Seasons and I know exactly what to expect even if I'm going to a country or a city I've never been to."

You mean the Four Seasons? I would call that a typo, but you used the number and then spelled it out. I'm sorry, if you want me to believe you've stayed somewhere at least get the name right.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter