"Worst" dressed person I've EVER seen at a Signature restaurant

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, there's guidelines and then there's good taste. It's sad the difference needs to be explained.

If it bothers you that much, don't go to these "signature"restaurants that are part of a theme park complex.

Oh really? Cammis are now considered "dress shorts"? I must have missed the memo! :rotfl:

Regardless, it is up to Disney to set the guidelines and then enforce them. If they choose. Not to do so, that is their perogative. However it is also the guests' perogative to decide whether they agree with Disney that the restaurant still is worth what they are charging. I personally feel it is not.

This is from an earlier post about the guidelines:

Not permitted in dining room: Tank tops, swimwear, hats for gentleman, cut offs, or torn clothing. While T-shirts are now allowed, the policy remains that T-shirts with offensive language or graphics are not acceptable.
It doesn't say anything about camo shorts and if you look around you will find camo dress shorts available for purchase.

If the GF isn't a four star hotel, then it's probably because of all the tacky dressed "it's my vacation, dammit, and all about me" guests. ;)

This is from an earlier post about the guidelines:
It doesn't say anything about camo shorts and if you look around you will find camo dress shorts available for purchase.

You missed part of it, Declan...

For the Signature Dining Restaurants, a "Business Casual" dress code is in effect:

Men - Dress pants, jeans or dress shortsand a T-shirt or long sleeve shirt with collar is required. (Jackets optional.)

Women - Jeans, skirts or dress shorts and blouse, sweater or dress is required.

NOT PERMITTED: Tank tops, swim suits or swim cover ups, hats for gentlemen, cut offs or clothing with rips/tears are not allowed. T-shirts with offensive language/graphics will also not be permitted.

Now, until Disney defines "dress shorts", I can only refer to my own past experiences. Camoflauge shorts are decidedly not business casual. At least not in the Northeast. YMMV.

For the Signature Dining Restaurants, a "Business Casual" dress code is in effect:

Men - Dress pants, jeans or dress shortsand a T-shirt or long sleeve shirt with collar is required. (Jackets optional.)

NOT PERMITTED: Tank tops, swim suits or swim cover ups, hats for gentlemen, cut offs or clothing with rips/tears are not allowed. T-shirts with offensive language/graphics will also not be permitted.

Now, until Disney defines "dress shorts", I can only refer to my own past experiences. Camoflauge shorts are decidedly not business casual. At least not in the Northeast. YMMV.

Right. The part in red is the guidelines. The "Not Permitted" section is actual enforced dress code. (And yes, it is enforced.)

Didn't miss it. It says guidelines, doesn't say what dress shorts are. There are camo dress shorts out there.

Didn't miss it. It says guidelines, doesn't say what dress shorts are. There are camo dress shorts out there.

Perhaps fancied up for women but it just does not cut it for men. Sorry, but camo does not equal dressy. Dressy is defined as suitable for a festive or formal occasion.

The problem I see with your argument is that Disney has differentiated "dress shorts" from just "shorts." But as I said before, it is for Disney to determine what is suitable since they make the rules, not us. I choose to voice my opinion with my pocketbook. All the more for you, enjoy!

Perhaps fancied up for women but it just does not cut it for men. Sorry, but camo does not equal dressy. Dressy is defined as suitable for a festive or formal occasion.

The problem I see with your argument is that Disney has differentiated "dress shorts" from just "shorts." But as I said before, it is for Disney to determine what is suitable since they make the rules, not us. I choose to voice my opinion with my pocketbook. All the more for you, enjoy!

Obviously Disney has decided that camo shorts meet the guidelines.

I don't think of camo as dressy either but is that really enough to deter you from eating there?

Obviously Disney has decided that camo shorts meet the guidelines.

I'm sure each restaurant has their its hands full and lets a lot slide. I'm sure they don't want to embarass their patrons or possibly make a scene if they can avoid doing so.

I don't think of camo as dressy either but is that really enough to deter you from eating there?

That's not the point. I didn't like GWB being the president of the USA, but that didn't stop me from living here. I'm a tax-paying citizen. I have the right to voice my disapproval.

I read the first 5 pages or so.

This last trip Dsis and I ate at Artist's Point - yumm!!

We didn't want to take the time to go back to our room so we put our dressier clothes in a locker to change into before dinner. We changed back into our park clothes to go to MK's evening EMH so we could tear around the park like crazy.

I know everyone is not going to do that, nor do they need to, but we were celebrating and wanted it to be a nicer experience. :)

Last trip we ate at Narcoosee's and dressed more nicely as well. :thumbsup2

Thought Id add my feelings on this!

We save up for at least a yr to do Disney every other yr,Eating in the Disney restaurants are a highlight of our trip.

When we go to say a TS at Epcot and its lunch time then we have to go in what we are wearing,But if we say go to Epcot in the evening 9 times out of 10 we will have gone bk to the hotel and washed up! I will go to Epcot in a nice sundress and sandals or Trousers"nice light linen ones" and a nice top,Hubby will wear Linen trousers shoes and a NICE tshirt Im on about a desighner one not a character one:rotfl: We feel comfy dressed like this.

Now when we go to Signatures I will always wear a cocktail style dress or smart trousers with evening top and Heels!! hubby will wear dress shoes short sleeved shirt and Linen trousers "smart ones" our children (3 boys aged 6,6,9) will also wear short sleeved shirts and dress shorts with sandals My boys want to dress smart they love going out in what they call their best clothes when going out to dinner in the UK even if its just a TGI Frankie & Bennys they enjoy wearing nice clothes!!

The one thing Im constanly sick off is people STARING at us because we made an effort :confused3 I must admit we proberly stand out as we have even had waiters comment on how nice it is to see a young couple look dressed up, and the fact the kids arnt in park clothes always gets smiles and comments about how lovely they look!
I dont care what others wear I do find it strange that you would turn up to a Sig in a tracksuit(I seen that last trip in Citricus) or a see through top and lacy bra:lmao:
but its just because its a choice I personally wouldnt make! I just dont feel comfortable walking in to a place dressed so casual! Then again i now dont feel comfortable walking in dressed up It seems I feel out of place either way due to being stared at :rotfl2:

If the GF isn't a four star hotel, then it's probably because of all the tacky dressed "it's my vacation, dammit, and all about me" guests. ;)

It's not a 4 star hotel because of the hotel, not the guests. The guests attire has nothing to do with a hotel's star rating.

And yes, when I'm on vacation it IS MY VACATION AND IT IS ALL ABOUT ME. So long as I'm not walking up to your table and sticking my finger in your spinach dip, what I do or wear on my vacation is NONE OF YOUR BUSINESS.

As someone who takes 5-7 extensive vacations a year plus several weekend jaunts, I will say that I feel the Disney deluxe resorts absolutely fall in the 4-star category. There is a huge gap between a 4 and a 5 star property and there is a very wide range within each category as well. I've stayed in basic 3-star Hiltons as well as famous 5-star properties such as The Ritz, The Madinant Jumeirah, The Louvre, etc.

We just returned from a driving tour of southern Spain and my dh said we should try 4-star hotels instead of our usual 5-star. So I booked all 4-star hotels, all with good customer and professional reviews. Ha! Boy did he regret saying that. None of the hotels we stayed in were up to the standards of the Disney hotels I've stayed in. And all for various reasons--one would have a great champagne breakfast, but with worn down rooms, while another had a single, terrible restaurant but with amazing views of the city.

The star system is based on amenities not reviews or customer service. There are several organizations who come up with the ratings, so that 1 property can be rating in several categories by different organizations. The Disney deluxe resorts are rated for stars for their amenities such as:
-Bell service
-Concierge service
-Option of club level
-Turn down service (only club level, which IS outside the norm in US, but not abroad)
-Extensive pool and recreation area
-Kids' club (not all have, but all have access to)
-Variety of dining options (I've been to some 5 stars with only 1 restaurant)
-Curb appeal
-Lobby with seating
-Easy access to local attractions
-Room service
-Valet parking
-Fitness center
-Free WiFi--Last month I paid 3 euros an hour at the Four Seasons in Limassol, Cyprus.

Of course they fall short in:
-Small rooms (but if you really want to see small rooms, stay at Le Grande Paris, where a mouse scurried across my feet while I was dining at the famous Cafe de la Paix. The waiter told me I was being "irrational" to be afraid of "a little mouse." Imagine if a waiter said that to a customer at V&A or even Flying Fish!)
-No "wow" factor in individual rooms (though I find this all over)
-Personal Service--However, I believe that CL usually does a good job of this.
-No turndown service for non CL guests
-Overcrowding, tight accommodations
-Long hallways or other circumstances that make can make it uncomfortable to guests to get from point A to B.
-Lack of dining in that if you don't have an ADR, you might not get anything to eat despite the fact that your hotel could have 3 or more sit-down restaurants.
-Mousekeeping often, for lack of a better word, sucks.

I'm sorry, but this is just garbage. Bragging about how many vacations that you take every year and how you "only" stay at 5 stars (please note that there are only 57 Forbes 5 star hotels in the world) and decided to "slum it" at a 4 star does not ingratiate you with the natives. It also doesn't give you any credibility. I could claim all of the same things and you wouldn't know if it were all lies, because you don't know me. The truth is, though, that I cannot afford to take 5-7 extensive vacations and weekend "jaunts". But I have stayed in 4 star hotels, and if there were ever a rodent in one it would lose a star with a quickness and no one would be chiding me for being unhappy about seeing one there. The actual criteria for star ratings include cleanliness and customer service. Those criteria can be found http://static.howstuffworks.com/pdf/lodging-criteria.pdf. Also, kids activities are not a star worthy addition.

Many hotels in Europe are given their posted star ratings by their government, by the way, not based on an objective reviewer like Forbes or Michelin. I sincerely doubt that the places you've stayed in are in actuality 4 star hotels. Rather than trusting what they list on their letterhead, perhaps next time you should read the Forbes listing.

Oh, and I checked the Michelin Guide, and Cafe de la Paix doesn't have a star, regardless of how famous it is.Paris has a few rated restaurants, including Astrance, Bristol, Guy Savoy, L'Ambrosie, Ledoyen, Meurice, Pierre Gagnaire, Plaxa Athenee and Pre Catelan. Try to find a mouse in any of those.

No, no, I think it's because the rooms at GF look like my grandmother designed them. In 1989. :rolleyes1

DH and I have two more Disney resort stays scheduled this year and a few signature ADRs coming up. We're not going to attend them dressed like we're going to prom, but we will certainly change out of theme-park attire. I don't like attracting attention by sticking out, so based on our previous experiences I think we'll err on the side of being more casual than more fancy. We're talking Disney restaurants after all, not Masa in NYC. I'm not going to wag my finger at those who refuse to break the "I'm on vacation!" mentality while at a theme park hotel...I'm going to simply enjoy the food and the time with my husband without worrying about everyone else around me. :thumbsup2

yay or nay?

images

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter