"Worst" dressed person I've EVER seen at a Signature restaurant

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jennasis: Never had shorts like those and probably never will!! That last pair is a bit "unusual" looking.

But they--like those "cammis"--certainly meet the dress code. By the way--did Macy's offer any of those (cammi) style shorts???

OMG TONS! Ralph Lauren. Tommy Hilfger. Unfortunately DH doesn't "do" camo so I think those are out for him. And those red and white ones I posted back a few were atrocious weren't they? I was so embarrassed to wear them!

Just out of curiosity.... Why do we care what someone else is wearing unless it is in some way offensive. I tend to dress up because I enjoy that but I truly don't care if someone else is not. It is a theme park!!! Most people are going to eat in theme park clothing.... And to be honest that is one of the things I enjoy most about wdw. It's relaxed and casual and adults can wear mickey ears and not be judged.

Just out of curiosity.... Why do we care what someone else is wearing unless it is in some way offensive. I tend to dress up because I enjoy that but I truly don't care if someone else is not. It is a theme park!!! Most people are going to eat in theme park clothing.... And to be honest that is one of the things I enjoy most about wdw. It's relaxed and casual and adults can wear mickey ears and not be judged.

I have never had a problem with the way people dress for the restaurants that are inside a park. But I do think that diners at the resort signatures could put a little effort into their attire. You can still be relaxed and casual- just not THAT casual.

You keep showing your ignorance, which belies your claims of staying in such fancy places 5-7 times per year. Forbes has 57 5 star rated hotels in total. Only 5 were added this year. If you're going to make things up at least do 5 minutes of research on the internet.

I didn't claim that the hotels were 4 star hotels. You or someone else did. If you're going to make claims like that you should at least know what a 4 star hotel is. You obviously don't.

"Sorry, but as a traveler with kids, the presence of a kids' club adds much more to my comfort and experience than a CD player."

Sure, but it still has nothing to do with the star rating. And CD players aren't actually require for a 4 star rating, nor for 5 star, actually. For a 5 sar it's a stereo/cd player, but that is not included in the 4 star rating which is what the Disney hotels were claimed to be.

"They are not Forbes rated, but they are designed to work within a theme park and I personally think they've done an amazing job."

I agree, but that doesn't make them 4 star hotels. I love the Disney hotels and I love the Disney restaurants, but expecting people to dress for dinner as they would at an upscale restaurant is stupid, because they're not. They're theme park restaurants whether they're in a hotel or in the park, they're meant for families attending a theme park.

"How many 5 Seasons have fan sites? Not too many. I love the Five Seasons and I know exactly what to expect even if I'm going to a country or a city I've never been to."

You mean the Four Seasons? I would call that a typo, but you used the number and then spelled it out. I'm sorry, if you want me to believe you've stayed somewhere at least get the name right.

1. I don't give a toss about Forbes ratings. They haven't been available online until quite recently and I spend most of my time abroad, not in the US. I didn't say they inaugurated 57 5 star hotels in 2012. I said they've listed 57. Even hotels that were listed in 2011 were revisited in 2012 to maintain their status. Because the rating system is bologna. No 1 firm can visit all the necessary properties in a single year, which is why Forbes has NO listings outside of a tiny handful of countries.

2. You are right, I don't know what a definitive 4-star property is because it's impossible to make black and white lines and call any individual property a solid 5-star or 4-star or however-many-star property bc it's all subjective. Because the rating system is bologna. One person's criteria of what equates as a 4-star property will never match anyone else's.

3. I know having a kids' club doesn't add to the star value of a property in the Forbes rating system, which was not an error on my part, but rather the point I was making. I don't give a damn how many seconds it takes the valet to open my car door. I don't care if I have a CD player in my room. I don't care if the flowers in my room are changed by the 24th hour. All those things I've listed are absolute criteria for a Forbes rating. And many of those don't apply to me. They might apply to others and for them, knowing that they will have those amenities is important. I care about how a property makes me feel while I'm there. Which is why I don't believe in formal ratings for hotels. And as for Disney claiming their hotels to be 4-star they have every right. They are not claiming to be a Forbes 4-star, but neither then again is any property not visited by Forbes or located in the few areas Forbes visits. How many countries are on this Earth? A good deal more than 4. Again, the rating system is bologna. So many of the criteria don't actually mean much while other amenities are ignored.

4. Yes, I typoed 4 Seasons as 5 Seasons. Sorry it was a late night last night and I was hung over this morning. So sue me. Would you like me to provide photographic evidence of me at 4 Seasons? My kids and I were in a 4S just over a month ago.

5. At no point was I ever rude to you, so I'm not sure why you're being so rude to me as to call my posts "garbage" and say that I'm "showing ignorance." I have only 2 points to make:
1. I'm an experienced traveler and I think the rating systems are arbitrary.
2. I'm an experienced traveler and I find the Disney hotels to be as enjoyable as officially rated 4-star hotels.
I can't for the life of me see how this offends you personally.

1. I don't give a toss about Forbes ratings. They haven't been available online until quite recently and I spend most of my time abroad, not in the US. I didn't say they inaugurated 57 5 star hotels in 2012. I said they've listed 57. Even hotels that were listed in 2011 were revisited in 2012 to maintain their status. Because the rating system is bologna. No 1 firm can visit all the necessary properties in a single year, which is why Forbes has NO listings outside of a tiny handful of countries.

2. You are right, I don't know what a definitive 4-star property is because it's impossible to make black and white lines and call any individual property a solid 5-star or 4-star or however-many-star property bc it's all subjective. Because the rating system is bologna. One person's criteria of what equates as a 4-star property will never match anyone else's.

3. I know having a kids' club doesn't add to the star value of a property in the Forbes rating system, which was not an error on my part, but rather the point I was making. I don't give a damn how many seconds it takes the valet to open my car door. I don't care if I have a CD player in my room. I don't care if the flowers in my room are changed by the 24th hour. All those things I've listed are absolute criteria for a Forbes rating. And many of those don't apply to me. They might apply to others and for them, knowing that they will have those amenities is important. I care about how a property makes me feel while I'm there. Which is why I don't believe in formal ratings for hotels. And as for Disney claiming their hotels to be 4-star they have every right. They are not claiming to be a Forbes 4-star, but neither then again is any property not visited by Forbes or located in the few areas Forbes visits. How many countries are on this Earth? A good deal more than 4. Again, the rating system is bologna. So many of the criteria don't actually mean much while other amenities are ignored.

4. Yes, I typoed 4 Seasons as 5 Seasons. Sorry it was a late night last night and I was hung over this morning. So sue me. Would you like me to provide photographic evidence of me at 4 Seasons? My kids and I were in a 4S just over a month ago.

5. At no point was I ever rude to you, so I'm not sure why you're being so rude to me as to call my posts "garbage" and say that I'm "showing ignorance." I have only 2 points to make:
1. I'm an experienced traveler and I think the rating systems are arbitrary.
2. I'm an experienced traveler and I find the Disney hotels to be as enjoyable as officially rated 4-star hotels.
I can't for the life of me see how this offends you personally.

If you think that the star ratings system is bologna, why did you bring it up?

And if it was just a typo, why was it "5" and then "Five"? If I typo I usually don't compound my error by typing the word out a second time. It belies the claim of a typo.

What offends me is the way you put your claims. You bragged shamelessly about how much you travel, and you were completely factually incorrect about most of what you claimed. I find it really annoying when people lie on the internet to try to lend credence to a stupid claim. Especially when they don't even research what they're lying about to make their lies seems plausible. Everything that you got even remotely correct you got directly from the link I posted. That's pretty pathetic.

I didn't. I said that I prefer some Disney hotels over several 4 star hotels that I've personally stayed in. I never claimed that they had any official rating. From post 1 I said that there are many hotel rating firms and they all differ.

And if it was just a typo, why was it "5" and then "Five"? If I typo I usually don't compound my error by typing the word out a second time. It belies the claim of a typo.

Good for you.

What offends me is the way you put your claims. You bragged shamelessly about how much you travel, and you were completely factually incorrect about most of what you claimed. I find it really annoying when people lie on the internet to try to lend credence to a stupid claim. Especially when they don't even research what they're lying about to make their lies seems plausible. Everything that you got even remotely correct you got directly from the link I posted. That's pretty pathetic.

I still find it funny that you are offended by my statements on traveling. I didn't brag; I described my lifestyle to support my opinions. Why would I research anything if I'm speaking about my opinions and experiences? How would I research that exactly? Anything that I said, "factual" was just pointing out how arbitrary the star-rating system is and why I don't believe Forbes is the only authority in star ratings as was claimed in the thread.

I find it "pathetic" when someone reads an article online and thinks that makes them an expert. I'm the one who's factually incorrect? You said there are only 57 5-star properties in the world, referencing the Forbes list. Therefore, you believe there are NO 5-star hotels in all of Europe, Middle East, Africa, Central America, South America, the South Pacific, nowhere except in North America and China. That's just ridiculous.

Have you ever heard of the Burj al Arab? It's so off the charts above any rating system it's dubbed (again nothing "official") the world's only 7-star hotel. It's by far the most expensive and impressive hotel I've ever been to, even though the styling is not to my taste. Every room has a personal butler. Every guest has access to their fleet of Rolls. The bellboy collects you at luggage claim in the airport and takes you directly to the Rolls where the next valet helps you upon arrival (Super-star Magical Express!) The elevators are plated in gold (I'm totally not kidding! See below.) But it must not be 5 star bc Forbes has no reviews for the city of Dubai.

7735_136898043450_614253450_2591569_1132735_n.jpg

And see my little one? That face says, "I'd rather be in a Disney hotel!" ;) And yes, we are dressed to have dinner in our resort.

I didn't. I said that I prefer some Disney hotels over several 4 star hotels that I've personally stayed in. I never claimed that they had any official rating. From post 1 I said that there are many hotel rating firms and they all differ.

This discussion arose because someone stated that the restaurants in Disney hotels were 4 star hotels. They're not. Whether you enjoy them more or not, they're not. And they do not require dressing up for dinner. They have a dress code, which the person that this thread is about adhered to. Unfortunately snobby people think that they have a right to demand that we all dress like them.

I still find it funny that you are offended by my statements on traveling. I didn't brag; I described my lifestyle to support my opinions. Why would I research anything if I'm speaking about my opinions and experiences? How would I research that exactly? Anything that I said, "factual" was just pointing out how arbitrary the star-rating system is and why I don't believe Forbes is the only authority in star ratings as was claimed in the thread.

Seriously. You're bragging. Stop it.

I find it "pathetic" when someone reads an article online and thinks that makes them an expert. I'm the one who's factually incorrect? You said there are only 57 5-star properties in the world, referencing the Forbes list. Therefore, you believe there are NO 5-star hotels in all of Europe, Middle East, Africa, Central America, South America, the South Pacific, nowhere except in North America and China. That's just ridiculous.

No, there are no Forbes 5 star hotels outside of the US and China.

Have you ever heard of the Burj al Arab? It's so off the charts above any rating system it's dubbed (again nothing "official") the world's only 7-star hotel. It's by far the most expensive and impressive hotel I've ever been to, even though the styling is not to my taste. Every room has a personal butler. Every guest has access to their fleet of Rolls. The bellboy collects you at luggage claim in the airport and takes you directly to the Rolls where the next valet helps you upon arrival (Super-star Magical Express!) The elevators are plated in gold (I'm totally not kidding! See below.) But it must not be 5 star bc Forbes has no reviews for the city of Dubai.

I actually have heard of it. I have been to many countries and stayed at many different places. But I'm not one to name drop or describe my lifestyle to win an online argument or make you believe that I am so rich that I can afford to take all of these vacations in such amazing places. I'm certainly not one to post pictures of my children for that purpose. I've been to Dubai and I know what it's like there. Many of the hotels there are off the charts opulent. But no, they are not Forbes 5 star hotels. By the way, I have had dinner in amazing restaurants while wearing camouflage, and have not been concerned about violating the dress code. Why are you so intent on me believing that you're rich and not so famous and jetset all over the world, so your opinions matter more than mine? Why do the opinions of people that you will never meet matter to you?

(By the way, everything in your quote above is also bragging)

I've been around here a long time.

I've been to 3 county fairs and a goat marriage.

This thread takes the cake.

Oops, gotta go now, I'm checking into the Eight Seasons later.

Bologna is a cheap meat. Baloney is another word for bs. Which did you want? That's what I thought.

When dining in a restaurant in the parks, we will be dressing as we would in the Parks because we arrive at rope drop and leave at closing most days. I do carry a wash cloth, make up and deodorant to clean up a bit before dinner. On our nights to do signature restaurants outside the park (animal kingdom nights), we will return to the hotel prior to dinner to shower and change. I will likely wear a dress, sweater and sandals. DH will wear dress shorts (solid black or blue) and a polo shirt and shoes (not sneakers or flip flops).

I really do not care what the other diners in the restaurant are wearing so long and it covers the parts that need to be covered. I want to spend my vacation:beach: enjoying my food, friends and family!

This said, I do not want to see your underwear or lack thereof during my meal. I do not want to hear your phone conversations, your annoying ring/text tones, nor do I want to hear your whining children (laughing children are always :welcome:). I promise to enjoy my vacation and try to ignore rude and annoying people. It may take some real "pixie dust"pixiedust: to ignore some rude patrons, but someones poor choice in pants I think I can let slide right off my back.

7735_136898043450_614253450_2591569_1132735_n.jpg

And see my little one? That face says, "I'd rather be in a Disney hotel!" ;) And yes, we are dressed to have dinner in our resort.

That's pretty incredible! Sadly, I'd feel like one of the "Great Unwashed" unworthy of setting foot in that hotel. :laughing: I'm perfectly comfortable at the deluxe resorts at Disney or at Las Vegas, but service like that might make me feel a bit uncomfortable. But I probably couldn't foot the bill for a night there without a personal loan. ;)

That's pretty incredible! Sadly, I'd feel like one of the "Great Unwashed" unworthy of setting foot in that hotel. :laughing: I'm perfectly comfortable at the deluxe resorts at Disney or at Las Vegas, but service like that might make me feel a bit uncomfortable. But I probably couldn't foot the bill for a night there without a personal loan. ;)

I'm sure you would be just fine there! There are people of all sorts in there and I mean all sorts. And service like that, honestly, makes most people feel a bit silly because it is silly. The hotel just across, The Madinat is beautiful and more down to Earth. I prefer it 1000 times. If you are fan of themed hotels, it's worth it to look it up--amazing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter